Introducing Seamless Account Switching on Roblox

Yes indeed. Stay tuned for updates.

Just a little while ago, I was logged into one account, but when I accepted an invite to a game it joined me on my other account, which I was not logged into. Is this something that can happen with this seamless account switching?

1 Like

Great update! Been waiting for this for awhile.

1 Like

not even for organized activities and separate browser storage & cookies? I still find it useful

2 Likes

so youre saying you want your authenticator app to alert you for new roblox logins ? ru dumb

1 Like

I’m suggesting switching into different account, and the authenticator app would ask you to put in number, to login into that account. I know it not Seamless Account switching, but it extra protection layer.

Also it bit rude to call me dumb.

to add the account youd have to already use the authenticator app to log in. this feels a bit redundant

This will be very useful! Instead of logging into different accounts I can just access them through the website :star_struck:

I thought it was obvious that I was referring specifically to using containers as a method of account switching. Of course I still use containers, I even use a one for Roblox’s devforum and create subdomains that’s different from the main website’s.

2 Likes

Amazing, this update will really help the community!

Thank goodness for this! what a nice simple update!!!

1 Like

That’s really nice! As I normally use alternative accounts for Studio, and it’s really difficult for me to change to the other accounts. I really appreciate and this update is the best of the year! :grinning:

1 Like

When you log in to a new account, you can switch back to your main without logging in.

This is actually amazing, congrats for another good update! not saying all updates are good or recent ones are, just saying it’s a good update.

off topic comment

further incentive to stop using my chromebook and buy a new computer (so I can use the site as a replacement for the app)

1 Like

That only happens on <13 Accounts

I dont know why

2 Likes

Add this to studio and it’s a literal game changer.

3 Likes

Ehm let me know if this is just me but that little switch accounts button is gone :\
IMG_0517

@Bug-Support temporary? Permanent?

2 Likes

I was just going to mention this haha, I wonder if this will come to studio, it’d be a massive help since I archive a lot of my lesser active work on my alt. Having to log out of my main and in to the other, then reverse whilst both accounts have 2FA is not fun. Even being able to open different workspaces logged into different accounts would be an amazing feature for studio.

1 Like

We are pleased to share that you can now also switch between multiple accounts in Studio! You can add up to 10 accounts to Studio by clicking on the user name in the upper right corner of your Studio window.

Note: Due to the complexities of access permissions and age restrictions, a new instance of Studio will launch when you switch accounts.

8 Likes

<13 Accounts not have account switching in n Browser?

Because when you have 3 accounts (for example) on the account switch and you try to log in with an account <13, the site forces you to close all other sessions.

This is a problem for my workflow since accounts +13 and <13 are used on my computer

1 Like