Introducing Studio Visualization Modes

Studio Settings > Studio > find the thing that you’re looking for

5 Likes

We’re one step closer to bringing these conveinently placed buttons back…

To be honest, I don’t know why they were removed, they made my studio experience more convenient.

11 Likes

is it possible to add something like hide non-collidable parts besides show collision fidelity?

2 Likes

studio still has the old cursor in game files, so probably
(i think its better too)

1 Like

literally bought a stream deck for these because they removed it

studio team is a joke sometimes

1 Like

Incredibly funny reason to buy a stream deck, but also an understandable one.

You can just pin both of those to the quick access bar. Its not a big deal

I had the same issue. My studio crashed while they were enabled and when it came back up the feature was gone and the Collision Fidelity visualization I had enabled was stuck on.

I even found the Visualization Modes button listed to add in the Quick Bar, but it was just a disabled button. The only way I found to turn off the new enabled visualizations after they removed the tool was to reset your Studio Settings. It was quite a pain.

Yeah… but I like them being where all the tabs are.

And my studio layout constantly resets at random, same with the quick access bar.

1 Like

Dang, I don’t have insight into that but stay tuned, I reckon more info will make its way to the daylight sooner or later!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! We definitely want to add more customization options in the future, but before that we want to increase the amount of functionality that is toggleable from the dropdown in the first place. Including wireframe view :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Stay tuned – some of those visualization modes are coming very soon. We’ve seen a few comments on sinking inputs when clicking off the menu, we’ll be sure to investigate if there’s a better solution!

1 Like

This is definitely something we want to enable in the future! Glad to hear that it’d be useful for you.

I’m sorry about the workflow interruption here – rolling back due to crashes meant that if someone’s Studio crashed AFTER we rolled back, they’d relaunch and the window would disappear. We’ll be getting the viz modes dropdown back up shortly without crashes, so hopefully this won’t be happening again.

2 Likes

If a non-staff roblox user posted this they would’ve gotten banned :skull:

1 Like

interesting to see the new language invented by roblox :hugs:

1 Like

Hey all,

The performance and stability issues have been fixed, and Visualization Modes are back up! Thanks for your patience, and keep up the great feedback in the thread.

3 Likes

:frowning: that would be very unfair, expressing hype for cool things is CRUCIAL!!!

3 Likes

Same - looking for a solution for this - I used to use the ui toggle hotkey to quickly be able to click on the screen to select a UI to edit

If any of you have any solutions please let me know

1 Like

I believe I saw people complaining about that feature, and that’s prob why it’s removed. But it should be setting to have it back because it was so good.

1 Like