Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

Two questions

1. Will users without the ability to post on talent hub be able to view talent hub?

2. Can we apply for access if we are not “Regular” level forum members? It is concerning that Roblox has completely paused for quite a long time any way to progress on the forum and gain access to collaberation or other sections of the forum. I understand there are a large amount of unqualified users but how will those qualified gain access?

4 Likes

This is amazing! it looks a lot more clean and organized than what we currently have.

I have a few questions though:

1. Will the 'Find Creators 'section of the talent hub work the same way as the portfolio section we have currently?

2. And will there be moderation to check the credibility of people who are hiring?

1 Like

Amazing! The Talent Hub was something I was really looking forward. I saw the screenshots and it’s literally the Developers’ Paradise. Exactly what I was dreaming. The Talent Hub will solve most of the problems Developers have. Just one question: I’m not a regular, I’m a member, so will I be able to access the Talent Hub on 15th August and after?

1 Like

They will allow access to everyone on September 1, which I’m guessing from how they will shut down the collaboration category.

3 Likes

I read that most people will gain access on 15th August, but I don’t know if members will.

3 Likes

According to this everyone will have access before September the 1st.

3 Likes

Ok thanks! But who will gain access on 15th August?

1 Like

Nobody really knows who will get access…

2 Likes

What’s this?

1 Like

Might be your internet? Or it couldn’t load the “not authorized” page that Roblox created, so it loaded a default one.

1 Like

I got a message from Roblox that I signed up for the Talent Hub list. However, those who are not registered in the list receive the 403 warning. Those on the list can already access the site, but I get a 404 warning.

Issue start date: It has been going on since the site was created.
Normally expected situation: Those registered in the list gain access to the site. Unregistered will get a 403 warning.

The link is the link in the original post. You can have a look if you want.

Here:
https://talent.roblox.com/search/jobs

NOTE: I can’t post a bug report because I’m not a regular.

1 Like

To clarify, our goal is that everyone who can currently post in #collaboration will be able to access the Talent Hub.

In the mean-time we may roll out the product to more users incrementally so we can iteratively fix issues and tweak the site to scale with the number of users.

6 Likes

Are there any plans to make a way to let users who are not currently devforum regulars to gain access? Right now there is currently no way to rank up on the forum so it feels unfair.

4 Likes

Just repeating above here:

To clarify, our goal is that everyone who can currently post in #collaboration will be able to access the Talent Hub.

As far as I understand, anyone who can reply to forum posts on the devforum can also post in #collaboration subcategories. So yes everyone on the forum with posting permissions will have access.

4 Likes

Well they can’t do that since kids lie about their ages.

2 Likes

I know, but that would be better than having to sacrifice your account’s protection.

3 Likes

Just a little announcement that we gave more Creators access this afternoon as we continue to scale! If you do not have access, but do have access to #collaboration, you can continue to see if you have access every few days as we carry on rolling out Open Beta.

13 Likes

I just got access and it looks amazing! Thank you for making the hiring/ finding work process so much easier! I do hope mobile support is added in the future but I realize this needed to go out asap. Do you guys have a timeline when mobile support will be added? I will say some of the functionally is a little clunky on desktop as well, but overall a nice addition.

2 Likes

Still waiting copium, it’s fine though since I’ll probably get access by August 15.

1 Like

Exciting stuff Mr. Jed! Indeed something that will greatly benefit the Roblox developer community :grin:

3 Likes