Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

maybe they are probably planning that for the talent hub when the staff starts to roll it out to users soon so underage users won’t have access to go to the site

11 Likes

If this is turned off, will we then be able to have access to the Talent Hub, or will it be if you turn it off you still won’t have access?

12 Likes

It’s a bit confusing as to who is able to access the site and who isn’t. On my phone, it says I can. On my laptop, it says I can’t. Minutes later, I can access it on both devices, yet when people view my profile, it acts like it doesn’t exist yet it does exist for me, even when I allowed it to be visible.

Would be nice to get some confirmation on this as I’m quite confused.

17 Likes

It’s great, but the pin feature should be changed. Lots of users including myself use the pin for account security reasons, not parental reasons. Maybe enabling access to 13+ accounts only would solve the safety problem, but some people have not got accurate birthdays on their account. ID verification to prove you are 13+ (passport, driving license etc.) could be an idea?

22 Likes

How will verification eventually work? Is it an application, or will all players eventually have access to this? I hope it is reliable, as we already have DevForum Recruitment Posts and I wouldn’t see the point of making this unless it has a verification system/application system to get in.

14 Likes

This is a poor choice, even as a temporary measure. It should rather be based on Account Restrictions than an account PIN. The Account PIN has been treated as a security method for developers in the past. Such as in the Account PIN now required for transferring group article, this announcement acted like this is proper account security. Please consider changing this behavior before this new functionality comes, as many developers use this as a security tool, meaning if we wish to use the Talent Hub, we must disable part of our account’s security.

38 Likes

The #collaboration category will eventually be nuked – the talent hub isn’t just something extra, it’s going to replace this category.

13 Likes

Wow! Well finally, I am very excited to be on the talent hub platform because it is an incredible opportunity for developers. Well done Roblox Glad to see a professional place to find developers. Amazing opportunity for established developers and small new developers. but I have a question because it appears at the top of the Talent Hub page

Thank you

16 Likes

Because you weren’t lucky. Try again on 15/8/2021.

10 Likes

Is there any reason as to why this is a public thread, rather than something messaged to members that have access permission? It’s a letdown when members of the community that are more active on DevForum in terms of community resources, with no current games out, do not get permission to access the Talent Hub.
Is there any ETA for when this will be public? This currently seems like a godsend to our development team, as we’ve been hard at work for our own game for over a year now, and it would be beneficial for me, as the studio lead, especially as I’ve been actively seeking out developers for a while now to no avail. answered

EDIT:
It’s come to my attention that supposedly for DevForum, only Regulars are invited, which is an even bigger letdown for newer members that have been active on this platform - to bring a point across, I’ve several community resources that have amassed thousands of views along with a substantial amount of users, and yet it seems I still do not qualify either way.

19 Likes

Is there a limit to how many positions in the experience section of the creator page? There are many prominent groups and games that I want to highlight but after 10 entries I am not able to add anything else. Sometimes the character limit on the title doesn’t cut it as I have done many very different things at different times for a group at various times and I wish to highlight it with different entries rather than scramble to explain it in one bullet point.

10 Likes

It says it right in the post, August 15th.

Also, it’s public to build hype around it.

12 Likes

I would love to check it out but… mobile experience is interesting…

35 Likes

does it change when you switch to desktop site mode

8 Likes

No, already tested on both and they both yield ideantixsl results. The three line menu button also does not function at all

11 Likes

this’ll be very useful to developers looking to do work, very excited for the future

10 Likes

I’m very excited about this. I’m sure this will greatly improve the hiring & applying process for Roblox Developers.

9 Likes

Strange. I switched to desktop mode on my phone, and the UI issues seem to go away. Though obviously navigating a website meant for desktops on a phone is quite some challenge.

10 Likes

I cant manage to get myself on the creator’s list.

What do i have to do to get myself on the creator’s page?

10 Likes

How can I beta test the Talent Hub?

4 Likes