Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

Re-read the post one more time, you’ll realize it stats the next phase will be it.

2 Likes

So, I’m guessing 7 more days!
Awesome.
But as everyone else said, the PIN should be removed, as it makes it easier to recover accounts.
Hopefully this is removed.

1 Like

The new site was a great idea! It seems far less complicated than trying to find and hire people on the DevForum. I also like how clean and refreshing the site looks. I will absolutely love using this!

Edit: The ‘compensation type’ option is so genius.

3 Likes

Finally, the moment I have been waiting for! The talent hub was finally here although I can’t access it at the moment due to it being only for active contributors in the platform. This will help benefit multiple developers for those who are looking for paid work.

For those who are looking for some work, this is generally will be the most common place to go besides using devforum. All I ask is to ensure this is accessible to only those who have devforum members or the age of 13+. Otherwise, just waiting for permission to access during the phased rollout.

2 Likes

I’m very pleased with this new way of finding jobs. I must say that I dislike the character limit for your own creator page. For example the bio is only allowed 300 characters which prevents me from even making 4 sentences! How are you supposed to describe yourself in the work you do, your aspirations, years of experience, and areas of proficiency with about 2 very vague sentences? Please limit it to something about 500 characters.

Another helpful feature that I want to see is to be able to see how many characters we already have typed, and how many more we’re allowed to type. Here’s an example,

Thanks very much!

8 Likes

Isn’t this like #collaboration? Anyway, I think this should finally come out of the beta, since it would be cooler. Buuuuuuut I might not use this, since the talent hub isn’t for no-talent Octav.

If it allows more tools than DevForum’s collaboration like storing files & better payment options, then it would be worth a shot.

If it’s just a #collaboration clone but with a lot of scams, I would probably only use it to screen candidates.

Since they were so kind to make it available to regulars and still don’t introduce a promotion system, we have a nice time to wait before we can see its benefits…

3 Likes

Please add light mode to this for more accessibility, as I am persoanlly not a fan of dark mode.

3 Likes

How do we figure out if we’re the “selected few” or not? I clicked on the link and got a access denied, if that’s the response then how can we tell at what time in the future we will have access to the website?

Take the following as rule of thumb:
• DevForum Regular trust level (regardless if you’ve actually contributed, you just had to apply in the past or had luck when promotions existed) → Probably access
• DevForum Member trust level → Wait until 15 August and check then.
• Anyone else → Unknown, might be phased.

Untrue, my friend is a member(not a regular) and he has access.

1 Like

This might be because they were either one of the 400 members in the Talent Hub private beta, or some other occurrence?

It is more than likely because of this:

1 Like

He isn’t even active on the devforum; he has much less recent/total read time and doesn’t post that much.

2 Likes

I was just quoting the main post hoping for this useless conversation to end. Sorry that I was hoping to be helpful here.

2 Likes

It’s fine, that’s always the case with phased rollouts. There’s a part that’s happy to have early access, and there’s a part that has to wait. Even with random phased rollouts, there’s never going to be equality.

It’s useless to complain about who receives access and who doesn’t, as the intentions from Roblox were good.

I guess we can better wait until the Talent Hub is accessible for everyone, it’s just a matter of patience.

1 Like

This is quite nice. I love the UI on the site and everything.

However my question is what will prevent this from becoming a Roblox certified version of Hidden Developers or any other communities like that. Anyone who’s interacted in those communities knows its full of “want to be developers” and others who shouldn’t be claiming that they have a specific skill yet.

The verified feature is nice but it seems like it’s purely an identity based thing, not a skill based thing. If I was to hire someone on there, I’d want to be confident that they have experience and can properly do what I need, rather than being a wanna be developer like those found on Hidden Developers or other similar places.

How will the bar be set, if at all, to keep this open to all but still manageable for those hiring?

5 Likes

This tbh, this is a massive issue within those communities. It also makes it more difficult for those who actually have the qualified skills often having to tear out and rewrite code that these so called “skilled” users are producing.

A solution of sorts would need to be a proper verification program, or a referal from these verified developers.

2 Likes

I was thinking more of something like this (to preface, we all know Roblox won’t engage in anything too “Elitist”, hence why non developers can get into Devforum Regular).

Simply lock “For Work” posts to Devforum Regulars (that way you’ve got somewhat of a bar), and then lock anyone from accepting/taking a job to Devforum Regulars, that way potential hires of the job are at minimum Devforum Regulars.

1 Like

Roblox shouldn’t do this until the ‘Regular’ role is obtainable again. Also, one of the main reasons why this exists is for non-devs to hire devs however locking it to regular removes this possibility.

5 Likes