Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

The main issue here, is that Devforum regulars are discontinued and are currently in this infinite pending stage. I’m sure I’m not the only one speaking here, in saying that I have wayyy more posts and wayyy more time/likes/solutions in Devforum while still remaining at a normal rank simply because I was too late to getting Regular.

This locks me out of already so many features as is, which is such a pain.

8 Likes

I love to see Roblox focusing on the Developer Community more! Thanks, Roblox! :smiley:

3 Likes

Glad to see civil conversation over here!
As far as I’m aware, the entire section will be locked and archived, and you’re intended to move anything by September first.

5 Likes

This is a step in the right direction - anything that makes collaboration easier is always welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me trying to open Talent hub.
Me who is a beta tester can’t open it.

Me who realized it’s not for beta testers it’s for selected Devs.

6 Likes

Great update roblox, People can finally collaborate better :grinning:

1 Like

This paired with the game fund, seems like roblox could be getting quite interesting.
I can’t wait to see all the new great games.

1 Like

This seems really cool. However, will our portfolios be saved? I really don’t want to have to redo mine, as I just revamped it.

2 Likes

Can we expect to see a filtering system to eliminate poor/troll posting. Otherwise, the more professional and experienced developers will find it just as difficult to find work.

A belated update on this - the problems causing some people to incorrectly see the ‘not authorized’ message should now be resolved. If you continue to see the ‘not authorized’ message, please check back every few days to see if you’ve since been given access!

Thanks

10 Likes

I’ve been waiting quite a long time to see an overhaul in the hiring process. It’s laughable in it’s current state. I’m quite sad I’m not in the current bunch with access. Been waiting awhile since I have absolutely no source of commissions with the current system. Though, with the Aug. 15 date, it’s around the corner and exciting!

Can any word be said on this suggestion, or is something similar already coming?

As I said here, it seems like Roblox is trying to mold the Development scene into something they favor. This is very clearly something that’s professional and clean. 18+ Devs making nearly AAA games for high profits. When done with a project or seeking out new studios, they go out to find new associates. If the Talent Hub is heavily moderated, then I could see my prophecy of Roblox turning AAA Studios into puppets becoming true. This is a risky era of Roblox. But, I’m glad I’ll see it.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the entire section will be locked and archived, and you’re intended to move anything by September first.

I think when a topic is archived on Discourse, you can still access it, but you can’t modify it

'Till September first, yes.
I’d copy everything to a text file.

This is a fantastic step forward for the platform!

Developers both new and experienced can now properly recruit and collaborate more easily than ever before. This is something that I think many of us have wanted for a long time, as the current methods of finding developers and also respectively showing yourself off are quite old fashioned and usually quite inefficient or ineffective depending on where you’re looking.

Having an official hub for this is going to change the way in which Roblox teams and developers think about approaching new projects, and hopefully easing the stress and time it takes to do so.

I’ve already setup my own profile and am enjoying the site currently. :slight_smile:

GREAT WORK! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Man, I thought developer Forum activity would count. I just have to wait a little bit anyway. :weary:

3 Likes

You should put that in #feature-requests:talent-hub-features

Yeah, I really wish there were concrete requirements. What does “most engaged developers” even mean? Is it for only regulars? Is it based on how frequently you post? Is it based on the popularity of your posts? I wish we knew.

5 Likes