Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

Since the post is really vague on this, what exactly are the requirements for gaining access?

2 Likes

As far as we are aware, Regulars+ have access. The full release is on Aug 15th as mentioned in the post.

4 Likes

Specific Regular+ have access, not all of us sadly. It’s very vague on what gives access.

5 Likes

If you call the Talent Hub a open beta, it shouldn’t lock us out from viewing the website. Since your post clearly stated later in the post;

“Starting today, a select number of our most active contributors to the dev forums and platform will be able to access the Talent Hub. After about two weeks of testing with that group, we plan to expand access to even more creators - in this phase, everyone with access to the ‘Collaboration’ section of the forums will have access.”

That statement alone screams closed beta instead of open beta. If this invitation is intended for the selected people to be able to post, I’m fine with that. But just allow everyone to be able to view the website so we get idea what does it look like. I don’t like how you call it a open beta when it is actually a closed beta as long as only invited people to view the website. This post title is clearly a mislead title.

9 Likes

What are the rules for the talent hub? Specifically, with things like offsite links (i.e. linking to a GitHub page or company website) or the types of language allowed. Will it be similar to the existing DevForum policies? What about posting on behalf of another?

5 Likes

This is an exciting addition!

One small thing though, I feel like theres a lot of unused space on the website (Im viewing this on PC/Browser). The Find Jobs page only shows two jobs at a time without scrolling, and there doesnt seem to be any sorting options (perhaps having sorting by compensation etc. would be helpful?)

And another thing I noticed was that the Find Creators page only shows 15 creators at a time on giant squares which seems a bit unecessary

Anyway, just my 2 cents, excited to see how this grows when the public rollout happens

5 Likes

Extremely happy to see Roblox taking steps to improve creator collaborations! Found out that I had access so I took it upon myself to test the site out.

I think I found a bug, not sure if it has been mentioned (or is in the process of being resolved) but for some reason, when you try to save what experiences/projects you’ve done, if you include an end date with month/year, the save button breaks. However, putting a year to the current year (2021) OR ticking the “Current Job” will allow it to save.

2 Likes

I think #collaboration should be left open until the Talent Hub is fully done, and that it shouldn’t be deleted but rather everything should be hidden and closed as there some people may want to keep their portfolios.

3 Likes

this is going to be so useful for finding developers. i think im going to use this a lot. this is one of the best updates ive seen in a long time. cant wait!

2 Likes

It will be. Reread what you have quoted.

1 Like

So this is the modern day forums but for portfolios/hiring people?

2 Likes

However, there are still missing some features that are available in #collaboration.

1 Like

Aw man, no access. :pensive:

Good to see it’s entering the final stages of development though!

3 Likes

Just a disclaimer for those claiming only Regulars+ are granted access; I have access despite only being a member. The requirements are not limited to the dev forums; your entire profile is taken into consideration. Although this is slightly annoying as I cannot post bug reports.

6 Likes

Like? They will more than likely be added later on in the year.

3 Likes

Surprised to find that I have access. It’s a pretty cool site. Definitely makes finding or commissioning work loads easier. Ran into a few bugs but, it looks like those will be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Hey, can the category be archived, perhaps only for members to view, instead of being straight-up deleted? Otherwise this is fantastic, glad I got recognized as a top contributor here. :]

7 Likes

Yes, I would hate to see the category get totally deleted.

1 Like

What value will it have once the talent hub is released to all? Nothing. Best to remove dead weight where possible.

2 Likes

Many people have links to these topics, if it were deleted then this links would 404.