Introducing the "Avatar Evolution" Studio Beta Build!

I have a Huge issue with this. A normal baseplate loads. But my projects won’t load inside the Beta Build version. Not sure why.

1 Like

I’ve noticed in one of my games that there is an entry for inserting objects called “Bone”. Is it safe to use mesh deformation live?

3 Likes

Try to report this at studio-bugs or building support, there you could get faster help than here :wink:

1 Like

I found that also randomly xD

I am no roblox staff or someone that is a really good expert, but what I would say is:
It is not yet announced, it could work to use but with some bugs I think, but the roblox player (the programm to play the games not edit them) should have yet this bone implemented.
Short to say: You could test the bones, but I don’t recommend to use it on large-scale.
I hope I could helped you a bit :wink:

2 Likes

No, the roblox player does not know what a bone is so it won’t work.

2 Likes

Is there any chance we would be getting support for opacity and emission maps in the future?

5 Likes

Terrain work with a Voxel API, not with vertices, so this is not possible.

No. Deforming a part to create terrain with different physical and visual collisions in realtime.

3 Likes

Also can’t wait for this update. After seeing custom materials, I’m sure this will bring a lot of realism to games!

1 Like

I tried experimenting in the beta Studio build and I’m stunned, I literally cannot wait for this to release and I’m already doing lots of modeling in Blender, just need to rig and texture them.
This update makes me more excited and motivated to learn 3D modeling.
With the new Lua VM and these amazing mesh and other graphics updates I’m gonna have a fun time developing my project. Lotsa scripting and modeling to do for me.

4 Likes

Wait. . . So this is a separate studio that has more features? Why not just add them to the beta features in the normal studio? Or am I wrong about what this is?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it would have been less stable to make it a beta feature since of how much it does. Currently the beta is quite buggy and not the latest version (though i could be wrong about the version) that could be why its not a beta feature.

2 Likes

Would Roblox ever consider stepping back from R15 as multiple parts, revisit everything being R6 but with mesh deformation filling the gap left by R15 for finer posing/ animation?

15 Likes

Any updates on this? The github was recently updated to say

" Avatar Evolution is no longer actively maintained. Most of the features from this project will soon be available in standard Roblox Studio. :eyes: :eyes:

10 Likes

I’m hoping that means more than just SurfaceAppearance

3 Likes

Is being able to attach objects with and w/o mesh deformation to a rig which consists of one big mesh using skeletal skinning, a planned feature? I’m wanting to do this to attach accessories and hitboxes to the custom rig we’re having for a shooter game which I’m working on.

If not, then using a custom rig with skeletal skinning won’t happen for us sadly…

5 Likes

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong? This is what it looks in blender and what I “expect” it will do. It is a simple LocRot test: two bone system, a cube of two vertex groups with an armature modifier to deform:

However, when I export it to Roblox, it instead does this:

It seems like location data isn’t at all being read and only rotation. Are there any weird fixes I can do to make location data work? I’ve been puzzled the entire last two days when my character and gun rigs weren’t behaving properly but it was just this location problem not working.

9 Likes

This happens to me too. I’ve made an issue on their Github page not too long ago, but it was just ignored. I especially hate this because it’s way too hard for me to animate in Roblox Studio.

5 Likes

yeah 2020 has been very kind to humans so far!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.