Introducing the Maximum Framerate setting

RIP Bloxstrap Downloads, and also FastFlags :saluting_face:

awesome sauce, though we need an option to cap fps to 30.

I’m not sure if that’s possible but can you also bring this feature to consoles?

Glad that we have this now, this was very much overdue.

Can we get 75 fps? My monitor runs at 75hz and I’d like to run roblox at that without overdoing it as to minimize slowing down my computer for other tasks.
Also it would be nice to see a way to emulate low framerates/lag in studio for debugging. I (and many others) have to use plugins or scripts that intentionally cause lag to lower the framerate. I have caught many physics-related bugs with it. Honestly it’s pretty essential for coding advanced physics stuff.

3 Likes

This is awesome, also isn’t this setting became available yesterday???
When I saw this setting while playing random games yesterday, I became quite happy. And when I told other people, they thought I was delusional, because there was no announcement.

But there is one thing, while I was playing yesterday around these hours, not every server seemed to support this setting, because when I changed servers in the same game this setting sometimes disappeared.
(Turns out it was being rolled out slowly to not break everyone’s client at the same time. Reply from Dogekidd2012)

About gosh darn time they added this. Let’s gooo!!

Can you give us a custom option for developers? Sometimes I need to test how something will perform in extreme scenarios like 10fps, 24fps, 30fps, etc, and sometimes extremely low fps values like 0.5-2fps can be extremely useful for debugging!

1 Like

Amazing.

We all want to say its final prayers.
Rest in Piece. FPS Unlocker. We will never forget you.

4 Likes

This has got to be, one of the best features Roblox has ever dropped!

Credits to the team!

Finally no more of third party apps for good fps

Well, it’s a very great update for Windows users.

But sadly, I am on a Mac. I have been waiting for so long to get an FPS unlocker on Mac, but I never could. I thought that after mentioning it 300 times on every new dev forum, Roblox would make the update come faster. However, I never specified that I was on a MacBook, so I guess that is my fault. I really need this on my MacBook. If you ‘Roblox Moderators’ respond, please tell me how long it will take to make it for MacBook users.

Thank you, Roblox.
It’s still a very good update.

Pretty cool, however unfortunately this helps roblox with their decision to remove FFlag local overwriting on the client.

1 Like

Finally, but it’s too limited. Custom frame rates would be better. Also, 240 is too low. I have a 360hz monitor.

3 Likes

Yeah i get that, while it’s probably a good thing but i do think they could’ve atleast just added a UserId check for FFlags that we’re causing issues so only select engineers can use it but the public can’t even if they forced it on their client.

But this is still a cool feature i can respect, would be cool if we got a 30 FPS option and maybe a game-specific forced FPS like how some StarterPlayer stuff have “UserChoice” thing, so it would be useful for devs who want to make a old PS2 style game on Roblox with a 30 FPS lock

2 Likes

This is such a good update I’m so glad we finally have an official fps unlocked.

Now people wont have to worry about always updating a third party one!

Oh yeah sorry I forgot about Pro Motion its a weird name for 120 hz

2 Likes

Best update of the year

Will there ever be ways to change the FPS cap to something lower than 60? Sometimes I’ll set the FPS to something very low if I’m idling on a game for a few minutes since there is no reason to be running at 240 FPS if the game isn’t being used. Usually I set it to something low like 10 but even a 30fps option could be good.

Also, a 165 FPS cap would be nice as that’s also quite common.

4 Likes

old roblox shadows were cast based on the vertex’s of each player model which is why they’re pin sharp. it worked back then because roblox characters didn’t have many vertices and it was pretty performant, however it won’t work as well now because characters need more polygons and verticies to look better and enough to be expressive.

1 Like