Introducing the Verified Badge!

How exactly will roblox know who contributed to an experience if they aren’t the group owner? Feels like a reoccurring issue where the other dev I worked with won’t get any kind of credit (he never did get the Crowns of O’s).

26 Likes

This makes no sense (at least right now), you are giving people a ‘verified badge’ to provide ‘clarity and trust’ yet all this badge says is that this developer has either made quite a lot of sales as a UGC creator or got a lot of engagement hours, this provides 0 trust and clarity (you even state that it is not a vetting process by Roblox on your FAQ page, why are you saying the opposite here)

I’m obviously aware that you shouldn’t reveal exact criteria to get the badge, but this is still very vague, do I need a few hours of engagement, a few hundred hours or even a few thousand hours, and how is this measured, is it a monthly thing or is it yearly, or is it just overall.

26 Likes

Much needed feature for creators on the platform, Nice to see studios and group’s qualify for verification on top of just user profiles.

9 Likes

I think this is great. The requirements are also pretty similar to other platforms

6 Likes

This is a great update however it’s kinda sad the requirements for it. If you search up my username LifeDigger there are a ton of fake accounts.

The one circled is my only alt account:

12 Likes

Seriously looking forward to this!

7 Likes

Unsure about this update, but I don’t know why, probably because of the requirements to be honest. It sounds cool I guess.

5 Likes

Really cool feature, can’t wait to see this play out!

6 Likes

I’m the co-creator and main modeller of a game hosted on my colleagues profile, that I have team create edit access to.

Will I still qualify for a verified badge?

8 Likes

I was wondering this as well; one of my most played games was co-created by a close friend of mine, but my game is on my profile rather than my group. If I’m lucky enough to get the badge in the future, I hope there will be a way to make sure he gets it too.

I also don’t expect that my group will get the badge even if I do; my experiences all link to my fan group in the social links, but they’re not actually hosted on it so I can’t expect the group to automatically be eligible for verification based on my games’ MAU. I hope that as Roblox expands on the criteria for verification that there’ll eventually be a way to handle situations like this where an automated MAU-based system likely wouldn’t know to verify either my co-creator or our development group.

8 Likes

It’s great to see clarification, although the criteria isn’t really clarification. We are provided no metrics at all for what you need to do (for reference, Roblox provides clear clarification on the Video Stars program requirements) and I have specifically pointed out one thing to complain about, on the UGC creators section, it will depend on revenue AND items sold. If a UGC creator makes all their items free, then surely, with this wording, there’s no chance for them to get the verified badge.

I also personally believe that everyone in the UGC and Plugin Marketplace programs (especially as plugin creators didn’t get any sort of mention here) should have just been granted this automatically, invites are not an automatic procedure.

11 Likes

This is cool, but I don’t really know how to feel about some of the criteria. Needing to be ID verified is okay, since it does prove that the person is truly authentic. However there are possibly a lot of creators and developers, and even popular influencers that do not have an ID and/or aren’t ID verified. It is certainly used for good intentions, but it has some problems. But hopefully it is nothing to worry about. Looking forward to the future!

6 Likes

This is good update i hope in future it becomes easier for us smaller influences and devs! great update Roblox!

6 Likes

great implementation of the verification feature for… well obvious reasons

i have no issues with it

7 Likes

That is a awesome feature that’s really important for Content Creators, UGC Creators, and Developers on Roblox. I hope other Community Contributors like Roblox Community Translators can benefit from this feature.

8 Likes

With this point, it may be an issue with developers being hired or just developers in groups, and It may be an issue where you work hours and hours on a game, and It becomes successful your group owner gets the badge but not you. Would you get the badge or not?

Either way a great idea and hopefully this will be a great addition to roblox development.

5 Likes

very excited about this If this can stop impersonating :pray:

6 Likes

Will there be a point in time where you can apply for it instead of meeting these current requirements?

4 Likes

Updated the post to clarify.

Yes, at this stage, we will be granting the Verified Badge to notable Experience Owners and UGC Creators, along with select Influencers, Video Stars, and partnered Brands. This is just the first phase of our new program - we hope to invite even more creators and new creator types to get Verified in the future!

41 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for the response. :+1:

8 Likes