Introducing the Verified Badge!

Clothing is apart of UGC as well, so if they meet the criteria they should be good to go.

7 Likes

I feel like this is a step forward for Roblox as it has had security problems/impersonation issues in the past.

6 Likes

If its 100k on any platform, what if someone just botted 100k followers to get it. there must be more requirements then just stated.

3 Likes

Same finally no fake accounts like Paulocezarnbr1 or things like this.

and what about devs that work on games that arent the owner? a large amount of work done on games are by the devs working for the owner, quite weird to focus solely on the person that own games instead of all the devs that work on it.

4 Likes

guess I am not getting a verified badge then

I don’t understand, why is there a requirement of 2-step authentication using an app?

3 Likes

Roblox will delete the bot flowers, Because they did before.

1 Like

I love this feature. I definitely think it’s the right direction for Roblox to go!

2 Likes

That’s a good question! Unfortunately I don’t know about that.

What about developers that aren’t experience/group owners but still notable? Would be odd to only grant verification to the owner if the developers working for large studios are widely known too. For example developers for Adopt Me, Royale High, Gamefam, etc.

2 Likes

Are you talking about like clothing designer?

2 Likes

yeah, it’s quite odd how they just had a big thing at rdc celebrating big teams of devs… and now they’re only rewarding the owner of those teams instead of all the team members, LOL. almost feels like a slap in the face

5 Likes

No, developers part of large studios that are famous for their work / role as a developer but don’t own the actual experiences or groups, Adopt Me developers for example are famous for their work but don’t receive the engagement hours afaik.

2 Likes

Any plans on showing these verification marks ingame? Star creators already have the icons to let us know if it’s the real person but not developers.

Clothing is also apart of UGC so it would count if they meet all the criterias.

2 Likes

Well I don’t know if that’s the case, hence why I am asking, maybe they do include team members but there’s no word on that yet…

2 Likes

I have a question about this. I’m the Co-Owner for a game myself but I’m not the official owner of it. Regardless of how sizable it is, would that position still give me the badge or am I considered unelidable for it. That would be quite saddening as I put a lot of work into what I do. Then again let’s all remember that this little blue check mark doesn’t do anything and we shouldn’t obsess over it.

5 Likes

Oh, you’re talking chief roles. Like COO just focus on like operations, and if they have chief roles. they do get idea for the game, but to see how the game is looking stuff like game producer have to check on games, and producer it so, they do kinda work on the game. but just to see.

1 Like

Not necessarily just that, most studios don’t operate like silicon valley corporations, they just have one or two developers or a co-owner or something, and some groups even have group holders. That’s the part that confuses me, does the criteria system take into account developers who don’t directly own experiences but are still notable as a result of the experience’s popularity?

1 Like

Will there ever be verified badges in-experience? It makes sense to me that they would do something like that.

5 Likes