Introducing the Verified Badge!

Is e-mail verification not sufficient in this case as well?

I don’t know if it’s just me, but people are saying they are verified on ROBLOX right now, but nobody is seeing it but the Verified creators. What’s the point of only releasing it to the verified creators?

It’s because UGC creators during the onboarding process go through a verification process themselves.

Definitely in-game! Think it could be a really attractive accessory to have by my name.

1 Like

I agree!

The blue version looks really weird,
I personally think that the white version is better.

1 Like

This update seems good but will it be good?

That’s silly, then people could impersonate anyone by changing their name when verified. Similar to how people who lose their verified accounts on twitter do and scam people. Perfectly, you lose it for changing your name as that isn’t what was verified.

2 Likes

ok i didn’t like that really much but ok

1 Like

Yay, another feature I’m never going to get!

TSS Legacy achieves over 100 MAU almost every month (it went over 2000 once) so I’m curious what the actual criteria here if it’s based off engagement.

Also if it’s based off hours instead of visits, does the bug where analytics only track the root place affect this?

1 Like

No, Roblox sent you a message, a platform wide banner, and updated their help page.

3 Likes

I have not received a message about being verified. Surely 50+ million game plays and 500k+ group members qualifies for being verified :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I find this addition interesting, but I’m not sure what level it will reach with so many verified users

Nope, they didn’t. I checked my messages right now.

I never saw that either.

1 Like

Why id verification can it just be a the 2 step thing, only?

1 Like

Tons of top developers have not received this yet.

For instance: MiniToon
https://users.roblox.com/v1/users/21823494

You can look at the above API => “hasVerifiedBadge” to see if they’re actually verified.

5 Likes

when will they start releasing this?
since it hasn’t been released yet, no one has it yet

It’s because it’s not released yet, no one has the badge yet.

so that they know your a real person or something.

People have it already. It’s released to people who have the badge. If you don’t have the badge, you will not see people with the badge.

1 Like

Is the first wave still being given out, or is it fully released. I can’t tell if the wave is finished or not since I haven’t gotten the update yet.

1 Like