Introduction thread for new forum members

Welcome to the Roblox Developer Forum!!

3 Likes

Hey guys!
I’ve actually been here for a month or so, but since I was recently given the member role, I thought it’s a good time to introduce myself.

I’m a 15 year old Canadian with lots of skills and hobbies, but my main interest is computer science.
I got introduced to roblox almost 5 years ago, and got interested in game creation soon after.
Of course, it was nothing serious for a while, just a bunch of free models lol. Around two years ago is when I started actually trying to “script” on my own, and when I learned about Fe/Game security. And from there I continued to improve and it sparked my interest in other coding languages as well.

I joined the developer forums so that I could have nice discussions with successful developers, and improve from what I read. So far, this place is awesome :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome!!

1 Like

Welcome to the DevForum!

2 Likes

Kind of off topic, but it seems Basic Users are starting to get even more access. It appears I can reply to bug reports now.

(bottom right)

2 Likes

This is correct. Since we now have a manual process for approving the bug reports. Our team has decided it would be okay to grant the basic user role set the ability to reply to threads created under bug reports since an engineer might reply to that one thread asking for more information about the bug.

2 Likes

Ah, okay.

1 Like

yo

So Roblox actually accepted me four months ago but they didn’t send the email, so I emailed them and here I am now
I build stuff related to architecture/aviation. I’m almost always freelance, but work on my own projects from time to time. I applied here to showcase my style of building, and my plans/ideas to create an upcoming game.
I’ve worked with a good amount of developers on projects, and am confident to say I’m a guy who loves to get involved and show people what I have.
That’s really all I have to say, it’s been an honor to be accepted.
If you want to learn more about me, please shoot me a message. I swear I don’t bite…

djluke34

8 Likes

Looks nice!! Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the DevForum. :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice build and welcome to the dev forum!

2 Likes

The link to PM top contributors is broken.

I just checked and the link works. It goes to the main page and opens a DM to the Top_Contributor group. It may not work if you are already writing a thread.

1 Like

Ah. That’ll be why.

1 Like

Hi, i’m thunder1222, I got accepted to the dev-forums awhile back, however I didn’t start using them until the Roblox forums got removed. Anyways, I found this game off of my cousin when I was about 8 years old, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I used to always play Tycoons when I was younger, and It got the point I was like, why don’t I try to make my own? So, that’s what I did. I experimented, and self learned studio without watching any videos or going on the wiki, and eventually learned how tycoon scripts work after a long time. Then I finally created one. I kept innovating them, and tweaking things to make it better and add new stuff. Some of my current goals right now are obtaining over 20,000,000 place visits, which i’m a bit more than halfway right now. I pretty much can do everything, (GFX, UI, Build,etc) Scripting is my weak point, and i’m not too good with it. I’d also like to include that I named my character after my local NFL team (Huge nfl fan btw), The San Diego Chargers now known as the L.A Chargers.

7 Likes

Di–
Did you just say you’re halfway to 20 million place visits?
sad violin starts playing

4 Likes

Welcome!!

3 Likes

Hello!
I’m HitThisVibe / @HitThisVibe on twitter

I’m the greatest content creator to ever grace this platform.

13 Likes

Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome to the DevForum! :slight_smile:

3 Likes