Introduction thread for new forum members

• How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox by watching a youtuber that later stopped playing it but when I started playing Roblox at the first view I didn’t liked it but after playing hours (literally) I loved the game and found out that some friends played it too and since that day, I play roblox :]

• How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I started trying to reply on the ‘‘Enroll in the Roblox Beta Program 2021’’ but later found out that I needed the member trust level but that was a problem for me because I didn’t know how to get that so I watched a lot of tutorial but the unique problem was that I was very lazy to read a lot and after reading a lot I got a green notification but I was like ‘‘aren’t they blue?’’ and when I saw the notification that I got promoted to member I got very hyped about that.

• Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Currently I have none bc I’m new here lol.

• What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I would be a Builder bc I like to build things on studio including bday surprises like I did to flex gamingxx for his bday and he was happy about it.

• Anything else you would like to include
    e

1 Like

Hello, It’s a pleasure being a part of this platform
I will try my best to make good things

1 Like

Hiya! I’m aerflora

1. How did you find Roblox? a: Meganplays’s videos.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? a: I wanted to make a homestore for my group.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform a: Goals: learning how to script, getting better at terrain. Achievements: Learning how to design clothing, getting to 1000 place visits.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) A: Builder, clothing designer, and animator.
  5. Anything else you would like to include. a: I’m very excited to finally be able to post here!
1 Like

I found roblox in around 2017 when a friend introduced it to me, afterwards I started playing it everyday. I got started with development because I wanted to create something unique that I enjoy as well as others. My goals are to make a game that I am satisfied with. I would say my role is a programmer but maybe I could expand to more roles.

1 Like
  • How did you find Roblox? Youtube
  • How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? Interested, well… I started because this is my best game engine
  • Current goals/achievements on the platform - making my own game
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) Builder.
  • Anything else you would like to include
1 Like

I played it when I was younger, because my friends did, then I forgot about it for a bunch of years then came back!

Well, I started watching blender tutorials but that didn’t work out for me, I then started watching building tutorials and I love building now!

Building aaah!

1 Like
  1. i found roblox on a phone ad or recommended apps (i don’t remember exactly since i was pretty young) around 2014. i remember losing a couple accounts for either being hacked or forgetting my password.
  2. i started “developing” on roblox in 2019, when i messed around with the toolbox. i actually started developing late 2020, when i was bored and decided to check out roblox studio and some youtube tutorials.
  3. my goal is to make a sword fight and a spleef game and just play games like most people.
  4. i’m currently doing a bunch of stuff: building, programming, composing and translating. the one that i most had fun is programming.
  5. roblox is the game i play everyday, i don’t know what i would play/do if roblox didn’t exist. thank you for existing, roblox. :slight_smile:
1 Like

Hello! I have been using studio since I was 8 years old, but recently I have got into scripting and roblox devforum seems like the perfect place to get help with learning roblox studio! I am glad to join the community with other developers.

2 Likes

Hi!

I’m SirRovers, I do building, game designing and storywriting. I’m currently the Lead Level Design of Semag Games’ Vibrant Venture, and also the Project Lead of my own upcoming ROBLOX adventure game ‘Adventure Forward 3: Crown of Shadows’. I’m hoping to meet a ton of new people through these forums and also learn a lot more about creating on ROBLOX itself.

Nice to meet you all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heyo, names Igitur, but most people call me Broken, been on this platform for a while now and I am not really sure how I managed to weasel my way into this platform, the only game I really remember playing in my early days on Roblox, is the original TNI Border. My goals for this platform are to successfully start up a SCPF group and raise it up there with the legends of CreepySins, and others. I also want to learn how to script on this platform, and am currently taking a course on udemy on scripting so I can hopefully start doing work.

1 Like

Bad at introductions btw

Hi, I go by the nickname Ukay or DU5LIN [or other names if you know me personally]

I can make UIs and do alot of stuff,
I haven’t really made any open games as of right now but I plan on making many new games that will hopefully make it (have many ideas in the vault at the time of this post) ,
I plan on making more then just games [Take that as you would like too] and sticking to roblox until i feel like its ready to expand to other places, but I will be on roblox for a while.

Anyways, I am looking foward to making friends with people in this community, and thank you for the invite.

1 Like

Hi! I’m a new member on DevForum and I’m so excited to be able to post and comment now!

I found Roblox 6 years ago when a friend introduced me to it, I was reluctant to play because I wasn’t sure if I should give it a go - but I’m glad I did!

I was inspired to create clothing by seeing the talented clothing designers on Roblox, and thought it would be a fun hobby!

My current goal (although very broad) is to grow my group, and make affordable clothing for users!

My current role is as a clothing designer

I like animals, lol.

2 Likes

Hi, I recently got approved and it’s already a pleasure to be here.

Roblox found me in 2016, when my older brother introduced me to the platform and eventually, I was inspired to create games.

My goal is expand my knowledge on scripting and to create games.

My role in development would be scripting, which I’ve been doing since 2019.

Thanks for reading this, have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi there!
I found roblox 4 years ago (January 27, 2018) because a friend introduced me to it and about 12 months later I became interested in creating games, although I am very bad at it. So my goal would be to learn how to make a game that doesn’t look like an FPS, even though I’m making one. My roles would be all, because that’s why I’m learning everything :uhh:

1 Like

What’s up!

Hello, my name is Belgic and I started playing this game when I was 10. Over time, I’ve gotten better at it and started learning Studio (albeit with the help of free models) and I look forward to seeing y’all!

-BeIgic

1 Like

Found Roblox through the IOS app store during my childhood. Fascinated by the games on Roblox and looked up towards my friend, Intergravitation, which started the whole learning experience for me. Creating my first game with possibly unique or innovative ideas while breaking the limitations of Lua. Starting out as a learner, I would like to see myself as a programmer for the developer community.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am AwesomeAiden_8 but more commonly known as BluTofu.

I found roblox back in 2015 or so when I was searching for new games on the app store. I was a guest until 2017 when I made my first account. Remember the old 2016 guests? That’s what I was for a while.

I started on my ancient all in one desktop by fooling around with free models in 2018. In summer of 2020, I started learning to script and became a bit more serious with roblox development.

My goal is to develop a unique game that brings joy to many players on the platform and to inspire others to try making the platform more unique. Even after a year of scripting, that is still a dream. In terms of achievements, I don’t have many yet. Keyword: YET. I have made a basic sword fighting game, but I made it when I was still first learning to script and it isn’t very good.

My role is scripting, because programming has always been a hobby of mine. I am trying to get into building a bit more though because its good to have more than one skill.

I am so excited to work with all of you! Thank you for reading!

2 Likes

How did you find roblox?

• I found roblox on youtube, however, Many people I know encouraged me to play it.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

• I like coding. And in a youtube video I saw that you can actually create games and earn robux. I started watching youtube tutorials, Searched through the forums enough to know the basics of roblox game development like scripting and building.

Current goals/achievements on the platform

• An achievement, Learn to code and build here. It was fun learning and I’m currently working on to make my own amazing game for the community to play and enjoy.

What is your role in the developer community?

• Well, I’m a UI Designer, Programmer and a Builder. Currently I’m learning all of those.

Anything else you would like to include

• Nope

I found roblox in 2010 through a friend, the first game I played was some default roblox place. I started development through dumb animations I tried doing, eventually I did a few in games. My goal is to create a successful horror game, while being refreshing and introducing some original aspects to the platform. My role is mostly game designer/animator, I have always been terrible at programming and only below average for building. I am John Roblox.

7 Likes
  1. I found Roblox in 2017 and played as a Guest. In 2018 I made an account and got hacked. In 2021 It’s my newer account, because the other one from 2018 also got hacked.
  2. I started seeing develop/create option on the blue topbar in 2018. I kept putting a lot of free models.
  3. My current goals are to learn scripting, but my biggest achievement is building.
  4. Builder.
  5. This might be all.
1 Like