Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello I am Aydxn and I have been playing roblox for about 3 years.

I found roblox because of some people in my school. After I just continued playing and socializing on the platform.

I was feeling bored and like anyone I tried to entertain myself. So I started making games. The games I usually made were full of free models. From there I branched off starting to try scripting and making bigger projects.

I’m looking to get better and better at developing so eventually my games could actually be fun to play.

My role is a builder, but I still can do all scripting, UI design, and a little GFX. Personally I think I am pretty good at all.

I am currently working on a cafe game called The Dark Cafe (BETA) - Roblox. I am also really like hockey.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the DevForum for a while, but I’ve never really introduced myself here for some reason. I’ll just do it now.

About Me

Hello everyone! My online nickname is Valiant, but I go by Val. I’m a 16 year old high schooler, and I plan to become a programmer when I grow up.

I’ve been a Roblox developer since near the end of 2020, but I joined the DevForum in August of 2021.

I joined Roblox in November of 2016.

My main skill in Roblox Development is Scripting.

I joined the DevForum with the intention of improving my skills and making new friends. I’ve more than successful in that matter. I wouldn’t be as skilled as I have been today without the developer community. They’ve helped me so much.

Why I became a Roblox Developer

I never really thought about developing on Roblox until I came across the HD Admin Module, made by @ForeverHD.

Let me just say, that when I looked at the code, inside the module, I thought inside my head, this is possible? I was flabbergasted when I saw the vast amount of code inside the module, and was stunned how well it worked.

After looking through HD Admin, I looked at the rest of the modules that @ForeverHD made. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

@ForeverHD inspired me to become what I am now.

Without him, I wouldn’t be a scripter, let alone a Roblox Developer in the first place.

Since then, he’s always been my role model.

To me, its stunning to see how much I’ve grown ever since I started in late 2020.

My first ever script, was me attempting to make an HD Admin Command.

As expected, I failed. I knew that I was far from having enough experience to make a command on my own.

My next attempt to become experienced in developing was to find models in the Toolbox, look at the code, and learn from them.

By the way, I had no idea about the stigma of using free models about the time until I read this thread in the DevForum.

I stuck with that method all the way until I joined the DevForum. From then on I learned from all the amazing tutorials and resources that all the devs made for the community.

I also never knew how little I knew about Roblox Development in general until I joined the DevForum.

Before long, I fixed most of the bad scripting practices I had and improved better than I have ever before.

I made friends, got a part-time scripting, job and even met @ForeverHD a few months ago (Literally the best day of my life).

Here’s a little idea of how much I’ve improved:

When I started: Learning from free models in the toolbox, unaware of the existence of backdoors.

Now: I can script models on my own. I have roblox developer friends. I’ve met my role model.

And most importantly of all: I finally found people that I can relate to. I finally found a community that likes the same thing that I like. And I couldn’t be more thankful of that. Its something I’ve been looking for all my life.

3 Likes

Hi there, I am hierocrypt, aka audiojack. I’ve been on Roblox since 2012 and I spent most of my time trading until about two years ago. I am primarily a Golang developer but I have been spending time learning more about developing in Roblox. It feels good to finally be able to post and I am looking forward to learning more!

1 Like

Should have posted here when I got my Role…

Hello Everyone.
I am IamNewToRiblix. I Joined in late 2015. This isnt my first account infact i played as a guest till in 2017 they removed that option. I have created many accounts since then and this one is specifically for development.I Started doin development from small basic and scratch.
Then I saw create tab and out of curiosity opened and was greeted by a Roblox Icon Cut in Half and It was Blue. Then I came to know how these games actually work.then i opened it up and then Created a BasePlate. Then I started moving stuff around and all that beginner stuff and then found out about tool box and play testing. I got the most Poppin Thing at that time. Admin Scripts or Specifically HD Admin.then i never looked back and im here.

1 Like
  1. I have been playing Roblox over a year.

2. I told myself along time ago that it would be cool to develop I’m a scripter and make GUIs.

3. I have made many games in the past with another account of mine I still have but my one main game is “The ultimate admin”.

4. I have been working for a long time to be in the devforum and my current role is “programmer”.

5. That would be all as I have been developing for awhile now and I’m so happy I’m in the forum so that’s all!

1 Like

Salutations, Developers.

I am Gavin42307, or more commonly referred to as Gavin. I doubt anyone would read this, especially since I’m quite late to actually finding this thread. However, I don’t mind getting any attention here. Allow me to answer the following inquiry.

It’s been easily more than a decade since I’ve joined Roblox. I honestly couldn’t pinpoint on the moment of how I found Roblox. So, I apologize, but I don’t have proper answer for this question.

Because of my lengthy time on Roblox, I also can’t directly answer this question.

2013-2018 - "The Inspiration"

I speculate that around 2013, I’ve firstly dabbled with Roblox Studio, and I had a bit of inspiration. It was only until around 2016-2018 that I’ve adapted more to Roblox Studio, and almost had a more major inspiration.

2019-Present - "Proceeding Forward"

The year of 2019-2020, however, was the year that I decided to become a Roblox Developer. In the past years, I’ve messed with the building tools of Roblox Studio, though at what I’d consider a beginner to intermediate level. However, I’ve started to gain more experience in building, that I’m confident to say that I gained a more advanced level. Though, I’ve still yet to use Blender. Regarding my introduction to programming, I had only started to truly begin learning in around 2020-2021, and to now where I consider myself intermediate.

I’ve yet to achieve anything that I’d deem worthy of presenting. The most I could present is my progress of learning regarding building and programming, along with starting two projects that I am working on as of this moment. Regarding goals I have in the future, I have two types. Short-time goals & long-time goals.

Short-Time Goals

• Finishing both projects that I have currently (The Grat Cafe & The Alleyways).
  • Learn as much as I can regarding scripting, so that I can either invest my experience into my own projects, or even start commissions.
  • Eventually learn how to use Blender. It’s essential if I wish to proceed with my skill regarding building.

Long-Time Goals

• Perhaps have a very successful project with a great community alongside it.
    • Subsequently, if I could be financially sustained from the project and a side time job, I’d be pleased.
  • Be able to be a recognized developer, perhaps one who even interacts with some YouTubers.

So, I generally consider myself a ‘jack of all trades’. I’m not quite fond with the idea of working with other developers on projects, or simply taking assets from other developers. Thus, I generally make everything for my projects.

However, if there’s two main skills that I pride myself in quality (or effort, at that matter), it’s building and scripting. These are two skills that I’ve been more comfortable with regarding developing.

The Conclusion

So, what’s the take here? Am I here to promise great things from my future endeavors? Certainly not, though, I wish to do great, regardless of how my projects will turn out.

With that being said, if you actually took the time to read this, thank you.

Adieu (farewell).

-Gavin

8 Likes

Sorry if this is 2nd time to do and late

1. How did you find Roblox?
    YouTube videos.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    It was last way for my suggestion.
    But someone reported me about “Creating Loophole to add my suggestion” in Discord. They banned me for this without banning date. It’s likely forever.
    …But I can’t stop because of that.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I don’t know.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    No role currently and I need Japanese role.
  5. Anything else you would like to include
    I’m creator of Find the Books.
2 Likes

Hi, I’m WarpedWormhole! :wave: I found Roblox on the app store as a kid while looking for a platform to make games on. I’m still on the platform because I love programming and trying new things with Roblox’s engine!

2 Likes

I found Roblox around four years ago with my brother. I wasn’t that far into scripting in the beginning, but I saw the progress my brother was making and I became interested. He encouraged and partially taught me to get me to where I am today! I technically haven’t been on the DevForum for too long yet, but I’m glad to be here. My goals are to become an amazing scripter and do absolutely whatever I want (within guidelines and TOS of course, haha!). My current accomplishments? Well, I haven’t really come out with a complete game on my own but I have scripted quite a few things by now. My role in the community is Programmer at the moment. My name’s Bonusizawesome, and it’s great to be here!

2 Likes

Hello fellow developers! I am fairly new to the developer forum, although joining sometime last year. I’m very grateful for being in this community full of helpful and other passionate developers so thank you Roblox for letting be a part of this community. My name is Suitcaseboy100 and I’ve been on Roblox since 2018. I’ve always been passionate about wanting to become a scripter/programmer ever since I played my first game and its thanks to Roblox that I now know exactly what I want to do in the future, scripting games. I have always wondered what it would be like to actually work behind the scenes on a popular game. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all and I am very excited for what the future brings.

Suitcaseboy100 :slight_smile: :grinning:

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy your time on this developer forum!!!

2 Likes

Hey there! My name is Ben.

1. How did you find Roblox? A few years ago in 2018, I was at lunch with my friends, and they were talking about a game called Roblox, they asked to be friends with me on the app, but I was not on the game yet. And that’s when I decided to try it out.

After my time playing games, I accidentally hopped on a game that looked very basic, it was the Roblox base plate. I then realized that if you could just simply make this easy world, then you can make anything you ever dreamed up.

Today I’m just a Group founder of Benji’s Café that’s going strong.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

Mostly a builder, sometimes I am a GFX or a UI designer, but Building is my specialty.

Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Kai! I’m not exactly a ‘new member’, I’ve been working on my game SPLASH on here for over 2 years, but I’ve never posted here before. Usually another dev on our team - @lexandstuff - posts for us in the Forum :slightly_smiling_face: I thought I’d give it a go!
I had heard of it but never played until I decided I wanted to make a game here. I love how Roblox makes it so easy for people like me to make games and find other players who love what we make!
I’m a musician, and in 2019 me and a few of my friends thought it would be cool to have a music game where you can really perform so we decided to make it. We looked into Roblox, learned how to use the dev tools and launched SPLASH in mid 2020.
We are currently at 237m+ visits! I think that’s so cool! The team has grown since we started and we’ve worked so hard to constantly improve our game. We have a sick Skate venue called Skate High and now when you DJ in Skate High, all the special effects affect the whole entire environment! We’ve also just released a mini-game for Halloween (warning - it’s harder than it looks!!).
A bit of everything. I’m a developer but I also run my team so I’m constantly moving around and working on different things!
Not really, but I’d love to hear what you think of my game! You can find it here.

2 Likes

My Name Is F4ir, I’m New To The DevForum And Would Like To Know More About Using Blender To Create Models.

2 Likes

my account got deleted for “account theft” and i didnt do nun…

1 Like

Hello, I’m Spirit!

I actually found Roblox through videos on Youtube. One day I just decided that I wanted to try it, so I did, and it’s stuck with me ever since!

Starting my development journey started out of curiosity, and I started at a pretty young age. I was already getting into computer programming at the time, and what you could do with it, so I just decided to try it out with Roblox. Most of the time, I would use youtube tutorials and stuff like that at the time, which is a habit that I’m absolutely happy to have dropped!

My main goal right now is to release my first game. I’m currently in the process of doing so.

Mainly programming, but I do pretty much everything from time to time.

Not really anything else to say!

3 Likes

Its a honor to be part of the community and I cant wait to be along for its growth!

4 Likes

Hi I’m guest! Your local member in the forums.

1. Searching actually good games in app store and found roblox and got me interested to the game.

2. Around 2021 I started because it has many features than average roblox players, Learning lua…. Building… Etc.

3. Making somewhat volumetric lightning, Making it perfect for some showcase games if I could think of one soon.

4: Artist

5: Crimelogic actually made me more motivative for roblox studio, Since I probably wanna make an AI, But I’m not a programmar so… :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Hey guys, I’m Pixel. :wave:

How did you find Roblox?
Me being the tech nerd I am, went to an AT&T store to play on their phones and admire the specs they had that I would probably never experience (which I did), so I saw that there was a game called Roblox, thought it sounded goofy, played it, and oh boy, led to here I am now.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I just was bored and felt like doing something with my time lol

Current goals/achievements on the platform
I’m trying to make a game with similar mechanics as GTA 5.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
I’m a programmer.

Anything else you would like to include
I’m really cool I guess.

3 Likes

When I was younger I came across Roblox on Microsoft store, thought I’d give it a try. I was amazed about the creativity on this platform so I decided to stay and continue playing!

I started “developing” at a young age, it was me just placing random models in the pre-made Roblox maps then I slowly started shifting towards Building which is what I am mainly doing now. I’m mainly into military style but I can do other styles as well. :military_helmet:

My main goal on this platform is to bring one of the most realistic, diverse and unique Romania ro-nation to Roblox. Combining the Armed Forces, Police Forces and Public Services into one big group with 8 counties to be made.

4. What is your role in the developer community?
I’m mainly a Builder but I know some stuff about UI as well.

This platform helps me to imagine new things, communicate with people all around the globe and express my imagination with others.

Well that is all :wave:. I’ll leave some photos of my current project below.

4 Likes