Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello! My name is TheDemogorgon_RBLX

I’ve been playing Roblox since 2010 but started the current account I have now back in 2016.
Ever since I started meeting other Developers I just felt like maybe I could be extrordinary too, So I set out on a Journey with my Partner Swiffted and I discovered so many amazing people and things.

Lots of people had a Talent for Developing. I’ll be the one to say I had no hope in the Start. Till I met my Partner which really motivated me to better myself for this Platform.

I hope to get to know many of you amazing People! Have an Amazing day. :grin:

1 Like

Hi, I’m playerlegendary444 but people call me Player.
I joined in january of 2018 when I saw a video on youtube about Jailbreak
Now I’m a noob scripter who started to developer june of this year because I was too bored and now I’m developing a parkour game to learn more about scripiting

1 Like

I was really young, discovered it on YouTube in 2009 or something like that.
I got started because a friend was a developer and I wanted to try it out, currently I’m learning blender and I’m getting good at it, doesn’t mean I don’t build good as I’ve used Studio for the past 3 - 4 years so I’m just getting around to learning about geometry.

Modeling, UI Design, Artist, Animation (Learning still), Map Design, I’m really just filling it roles at this point, feel free to shoot me a message if you need something done.

Well I have nothing much more to say, so I’ll just include some images of what I’ve worked on and or current projects.

1 Like
  1. I found ROBLOX 6 years ago because I browsed on my phone when I was a child. I found ROBLOX on the app store and the first thing I played was “FNAF Tycoon”. Yes, FNAF Tycoon…

2. Having the dreams of becoming a developer was such a big inspirational thing for me. I always wanted to be one and now I’m here, striving to develop.

3. I have no current goals/achievements as I’ve pretty much had no plans for any project. If I were to make a game I’d probably make a DarkRP game.

4. Alright, this sounds crazy but real. I’m actually a really enhanced contriver so that means I’m able to do everything that has been listed up. (GFX, UI Designer, Programmer and Builder)

5. No :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Oh my god,Fnaf.I’ve always wanted to play it…

1 Like

Hello! Name’s randomboy327, but I also go by SuperTJ327. I’ve been playing roblox for a few years now. I joined cause one of my friends recommended it to me. At the start, I played to play Roblox; I had zero interest in development on the platform. However, about a year ago, one of my other friends on my Twitch stream had some ideas for a game he wanted to create; and so, I got started learning how to script.

Now after about a year since I’ve started, I’ve learned so much. My friend and I have been working on this very ambitious rpg game that is no where near completion. So far, I’ve developed this such as movement mechanics and an inventory system. It’s been fun; however, some of the development has slowed down. We still discuss ideas now and then, however, I’ve started work on other projects that’ll aid me in learning to script and (generally) create games. Some of these projects will even be used in the rpg game.

Right now, I’m working on another game idea I’ve had. It’s a story-based, multi-genre game with multiple endings. Work on this game has been going slow because of other projects that I can use for the game.

I hope that I can develop my programming skills greatly as I develop on this platform and eventually become one of the greats.

2 Likes

This is my first post on Dev Forums!

:wave: Hello! Hi! Howdy! Hey! Aloha! Greetings! Sup! Nǐ hǎo! Hola! Bonjour! Konnichiwa! Ciao! Hallo! Hej! annyeong hashimnikka! Privet! 'ahlan! Olá! Namaste! Salam alaikum! Hujambo! Dia dhuit! Howzit! G’day! My name is HDMI_123456789, but you can call me and refer to me as HDMI. I joined the Developer Forums on 10/12/21. Currently I play a variety of different games, some including, but not limited to: Jailbreak, Farming and Friends, Aimblox, etc. I hope you enjoy the introduction that I have for you down below.

I found Roblox back in 2017 when my best friend introduced me to the game. I found it very intriguing, so I gave it a try in 2019, and I was hooked.

Sometime in the 4th quarter of 2020, I suddenly wanted to become a developer. The thought was random and I told myself I would give it a try, because why not.

As a developer, I have many goals; some are foolish, while others are not. Some of my goals are very miniscule and some are big important ones. A few of my goals include: Gaining experience with different genres of games (either individually or part of a dev team), being able to program, model, build, great GFX, animate, etc. all on my own, with help from players who are willing to teach me (I am always looking for teachers) and advise/guide me to become a great developer. Another goal which I have for myself is to make a name for myself - in a good way of course. I want to be known for my awesome development skills. I hope that while I am here, I can accomplish my goals.

I briefly mentioned this before answering the third question. Currently, I have no set/permanent role in the developer community. I would like to be everything. I would like to, and I will certainly try, to master all the roles. (If you are interested to teach me, DM me, I would appreciate it) GFX artist, Builder, Modeler, Animator, Programmer, UI Designer, Clothing designer, etc.

There are a few ways you can get in touch with me for whatever reason. It could be that you want to collaborate with me for a game, you might want me to join your dev team, you might want to ask me for help for something, you might just want to chat, I am ok with all of those reasons. You can DM me via Discord at CLife007#2525 or you can Roblox message me if you don’t feel comfortable DMing me. If I don’t answer your message within 72 hours, you can try again.

It is an honor to be accepted as a member of Dev Forms and to be a part of this wonderful developer community. Thank you for your time and support. Have a great rest of your day!

2 Likes

Hey! My Roblox username is gaelzq. I go by Gael.
I discovered Roblox in the summer of 2015, when my friend called me on Skype and told me to check this game he found. I created my account and was introduced to the games page, the most popular was Survive The Disasters with around 5k players at the time. That’s the first Roblox game I played.
I started development when my friend told me he wanted to develop his own game.
My current goal is to learn scripting and programming to be able to get a decent programming job.
I currently only know the basics for scripting. Not too much.
I hope I can become a good scripter in the future. I’m not really looking to be succesful.

2 Likes

Hello! my name is garan. I discovered and played Roblox around the winter of 2016. The reason I started developing was because I wanted to have my own game and want to play it. My current goal is to make a properly game and play it myself. I mainly do programming. Finally, i want to develop something more fun!

1 Like

Hello! My name is youplayer7 But most people call me Flinter

I found Roblox when i was looking for some new games when i was 13. At first i was just playing casual games and enjoyed till i reach 16.

After playing in Roblox for 3 years, i became curious in how these games are made. So like any other kid, i opened Roblox Studio and had a blast making fun projects and funny things.

Now, after 2 years of Scripting , my goal is to make the best fun moments for everyone to enjoy with their friends and have a laugh.

I love Programming, ever since i was a kid, i was in love with python and lua. So like that, im mainly a Good Programmer and a okay game designer.

I am currently studying Biotechnology but whenever i find spare time, i either have a blast with my friends or make fun projects with my equally talented buddies.

3 Likes

Kia Ora, I am Flymms. It is good to finally be in here after trying for what feels like a tremendously long time.

I found Roblox through a friend back in 2015. I have always tried to make things in various places and games, but nothing really decent yet. I am working on a game called “Eiye” which is inspired by Eg!, as well as another called “Noob Has Noob”, but they aren’t really going too well. I am primarily a 3D modeler and builder, but I do some basic code when I really need it.

Thank you for reading - hopefully in the future I will have something decent to share, but for now this is it.

Hi, My Name Is Gabriel or Gabriel_PlayzOnYT on Roblox

I found roblox when i was just trying to find new games to play when it was 2019

I didn’t know what to do back then expect playing the games.

I don’t really have a goal in mind but I’m still thinking of one since im on mobile.

Im kind of an artist.
Nothing else to say.
Goodbye.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Enforcer_Warrior, I enjoy to run groups here on Roblox, it’s been around 11 years since I’ve started roblox I’m really honored getting into the forums

2 Likes

What’s up! My name is Nesquickhehe (nes). I’m a new scriptor that scripts games for fun, I script in other games or just make projects myself just to learn scripting.
I am actually a deaf person and live in Denmark.
That’s it pretty much.

2 Likes

Hello! my name is semnome124576. I focus on animating and programming. I usually animate for fun and for feedback and i dont program so often. Thats pretty munch it.

4 Likes
  1. I found Roblox from a YouTube video, explaining that you can create games on here. I originally thought it was a kids game.
  2. I got started with development when I found an older version of Bloxy Kart, and it seemed like a good game. I started mass experimenting with it, and learned Lua that way.
  3. I hope I can make a good racing game.
  4. I am learning how to become a programmer on Roblox.
  5. Freshmen in High School, very new Roblox developer who is still learning. I can’t wait to create a real game!
2 Likes

Heyo,I’m GFXBIT!I want to create a wonderfull Experince in Roblox.Cya! :wink:

1 Like

Hello, I’m a human and not so intelligent being ugh… I know I have been here for some time (and actually I’m not sure did I wrote anything here already?), but yeah I am your average Serbian dude messing around with HTTPService and Scripting basic stuff, joined 2017 (on 1st account), and made 1st game year after which was pretty much just a free model of an obby and rainbow changing platform… Ugh, I like to script so far I am decent in (Roblox)Lua, some of the Python, and a little bit of the HTML. I am just a boring dude doing nothing in life but, chatting with friends and playing some rhythm games cause I love to destroy my keyboard.

Thanks for asking lul.

Hey! My name’s Burst.

1. I found Roblox in 2016 while searching for some ways to get some free currency in a game I used to play (foolish I know), but then I saw a video with Roblox on the cover and clicked it, that’s how I started playing Roblox.

2. I used to announce myself as a “Roblox Myth” with a group of other “Roblox Myths”, and one of the essential keys to being a “Roblox Myth” is making your own game, so I did just that, and that’s how I got started and learned about Roblox Developing.

3. My current goals are to make my first complete game, and get at least 10,000 visits and 5000 active players on 1 game of mine.

4. I’m a Builder, Modeler, and Digital Artist

5. Nope! Nothing, but I am so honored to have made it onto this platform and being able to share my imagination with you all, see you soon!

2 Likes

Yellow, I am Adel

My sister actually got me into Roblox and recommended it to me in 2017-18. After some years passed by I made many friends with people and classmates who play Roblox, one night(not kidding, I thought of it at 2 AM) I asked my friends if we should create a game… don’t ask what it was(free admin and UTG place). My friend pointed out that I need to learn how to script and that day was when I clicked on a 45 minute AlvinBlox tutoial.

My goals are to create games that will attract atleast 1000 people. I made many projects such as a FPS game named Pulse whichme and a friend are still working on. I am a scripter and loves creating new things, I love the aspect where I try to create code for a certain feature. I have been programming in Lua for almost 2 years and been programming in python for a undefined amount of time.