Introduction thread for new forum members

How did I find Roblox?
In 2015, my brother told me about Roblox and he made me an account.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I was playing a game and I started to wonder how they were made. I searched up on youtube and I found some tutorials.

What is your role in the developer community?
I am a programmer, I’ve been scripting for nearly 5 years and I enjoy scripting.

2 Likes

How did I find Roblox?
My friend told me about it.

How did I get started with development?
I became a developer of the group sunset for friends and started making games for that group.

What is your role in the developer community?
I am a GFX designer and builder.

Hello there! I am new around here, but I started to get used to forum!

I found out for Roblox in 2016 but decided to make account in 2017, and then I started to be in Roblox Studio !I started developing in studio 2 months after I created my account, which is in 2017.
My current goals are to be developer in any cool and good developing studios and learn a lot more with people in that groups! Currently I am builder and I am trying to learn to model in 3D software!
Thanks for reading my short introduction:)

Hey everybody! I found roblox as a kid at the age of 7 through a buddy of mine in 2008. After about 3 years of playing games, I decided to wanted to get into the development of games too. That lead me into attempting build which didn’t pan out the best because I’m just not a fan of building, but I found my place in programming and UI Design. I’ve been coding and designing UI since 2011 and I’ve created a bunch of awesome open sourced technologies for many communities to use, especially a couple weapon systems otherwise known as Warbound, Vanguard, and Carbon Engine. I program and design UI.

Hey developers, I’m new here, and my name is Jason B)

It’s pretty cool finally joining the developer forum! I’m a developer who builds on studio and blender who’s passionate about my work. I hope to be a part of this community for a long time :+1:

Hope you have a good day!

1 Like
  1. I found roblox when I was in elementary school and I’ve played ever since.
  2. I started development after seeing all the cool cars in games.
  3. I own one of the largest cruise lines on roblox. Disney Cruise Line we just passed 2k members.
  4. I am a Builder and noob programmer
  5. I am looking for devs. :stuck_out_tongue:

bruv my games cant even get players lol

1-I can’t actually remember how i found roblox, though i do remember watching an video on how to sign-up on roblox(Cringe…), but i think i probably have found it while watching some videos.
2-I saw that scripting/progamming was something very interesting and fun, then i started my “carrier”
3-Honestly, i wouldn’t say this but… A millionare.(Or just make things like Rdite does.)
4-Pro-gamer!(Programmer.)
5-I like popcorn, and also, i learned alot of what i know now from youtubers, articles in the devhub, the own devforum! And much more. So you may want to take a look at those. Also, i forgot to mention that, i actually joined roblox in 2016.(Even tho this account creation is 3+ years after i created my first one, i actually lost the other account-S, soooo… )

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Roblox for about 8 years now since 2012. I just starting doing development of around March of this year. My goal is to finally make enough funds to finish my dream game, ASA. I am a UI Designer and I can’t wait to show off my portfolio.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m AavoPeep13 and I’ve been building on Roblox since 2011.

I am honored to be invited to this forum as I’ve been trying to get in for a while now. I used to be working on an tycoon game but lately I’ve been working on a roleplay game.

I am looking forward to be a part of this community, thank you for inviting me :slight_smile: .

1. How did you find Roblox?

Happy to be welcomed. I found about Roblox when I was about ten years old, in 2010. I would spend Every day playing the game and have so much fun with meeting friends. One of the best memories I had.

1. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

Well, I saw people coding cool stuff and wanted to try it out. Little did I know about how frustrating and hard coding and developing can be…but I still managed to keep getting inspired and keep putting more and more dedication, and it’s so worth it because it’s rewarding.

1. Current goals/achievements on the platform
  2. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc.)

I want to code and make creations on a professional level. It will be thought but I’ll do everything I can to succeed

1. Anything else you would like to include

Yeah I could be a Noob sometimes so if I every do something that is wrong. Please be patient with me, that’s all I ask. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I am ShakesRocker and I am recently promoted as a member in this devforum. I am not much experienced in lua but still I am learning it pretty fast since its a lot similar to python (with which I am familiar). Hopefully this will be a great learning experience for me!

Thanks for accepting me, I have a lot of questions I need to ask. Thanks!

1. When I was very young I was scrolling around the internet on my old iMac and I stumbled upon this game and I’ve been here ever since.

2. After I took a long awaited break from the platform I came back and joined a group where I spent most of my time using openly available models to make the game but over time these models didn’t do everything I wanted them to so I began to manipulate the code within them until I got here.

3. Current goal is to produce a game on Roblox that is both enjoyed and seen by a large number of people.

4. I dable in many different things from scripting all the way to GFX.

5. “hello world”

1 Like

Hi, I’m d3vlopper, a new Scripter in the Roblox Community !
For now, i think that the Devlopper Forum is Pretty Cool :happy3:.
I would really like to be a part of the Roblox Devloppers !

If you have Tips about the forum you can Message me :+1:.

Thank you for reading me,

d3vlopper

(PS: This is a brand new account, but i’m playing Roblox since 2015

1 Like

Hello! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I’m Clu3l3s_s, I have been a member of roblox since 2015, I am currently 13 years old. When I joined roblox I was 7 or 8. I do UIs, basic scripting.

I hope I can help others and others can help me! Have a great day.

1 Like

Hey! I’m 3bxw, and i’ve been on roblox for around 4-5 years( on several accounts!)!

I am currently 19, working on achievements to blow peoples minds away! I also love to mesh, script and build! I enjoy scripting on several languages: JavaScript, HTTP, and the Roblox Lua. I learn new things everyday, since i first started. I currently am a moderate at scripting on depending on what is needed around for that community/game!

If you would like to ask for some help through me, message me!

Please do have a enjoyable day, and stay safe!

1 Like

Hello, I am Rosie and I’ve been on the Roblox platform for about 5 years.
I started by only being a player on Roblox. As I grew more interest in games, I’ve decided to try to learn how to make my own things on Roblox! My goals is to use Roblox as a hobby to earn a bit of currency. I make GFXs, and I can build simple, modern buildings :grin: I am also the Vice-President of a bubble tea cafe called Sabor. I believe being such a high rank in a cafe will open my eyes to other things I can try on Roblox!

1 Like
  1. I clicked on a Roblox ad thinking that if I clicked on the ad then YouTube wouldn’t show it anymore. Turns out that was false.
  2. I had spent several years programming on Scratch, and I wanted to upgrade. I was thinking of using Adobe Flash, but Flash was dying, and I realized I had to pay for it. So instead I got Roblox Studio.
  3. Uhh
  4. I would say my role in the community is a programmer.
  5. I think my name is Bisoph because my subconscious was aware of the word “bishop” but I did not consciously know about the word.
1 Like

We didn’t either at the beginning. You just have to push through it.

2 Likes