Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello.
It is great to be here. I appreciate the great opportunity that membership in this community gives me. I look forward to getting to know you all and to get your expertise.

2 Likes

You know that kid that fakes being sick on the first day of school to avoid the awkward ā€œtell us your name and one interesting fact about yourselfā€ uhh, yup. Thatā€™s me. This is long overdue, but here goes anywayā€¦

Iā€™m Emma. Iā€™m an artist in the Roblox community and have been for close to a year now. (I would say March of this year was when it started to take off though) Iā€™m also a Community Manager for Pokemon Brick Bronze.

Never did I ever think that I would end up here, but one of Lillyā€™s tweets stuck out to me and inspired me to try out, and the rest is history. (The one where she said that art is a form of development too) Sadly from my experience not everyone feels the same way, but nonetheless Iā€™m honoured to be here and looking forward to soaking up as much knowledge as I can.

Iā€™ve had the pleasure of drawing some cool people in the community, and Iā€™ve created some badges and game icons/logos as well. (For PBB, Epic Minigames and Fast Food Tycoon)

I compiled a list of all of my art if anyone wants to check it out: https://twitter.com/i/moments/903653544640876545

Thanks for having me! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

This is probably my favorite thread. I love lurking every now and then to see whoā€™s who. Lots of awesome devs and talented people have been joining in the recent months and itā€™s been pretty great imo.

5 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

Wahallo~~ Iā€™m Cheeses.

I was accepted onto the forums last month (September) but I didnā€™t check my email until today.
Iā€™ve been trying to join for a long time so Iā€™m happy that Iā€™m finally here :grinning:

I pretty much just do showcases but Iā€™m trying to do more than that~~

Thank you for accepting me~~ :grin:

3 Likes

Howdy, welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s time.

6 Likes

Iā€™m iMehdi and I build.
Iā€™m 17 years old dude from Canada, who wants to be a devforum member, but uhhh got invited in the new program, so thatā€™s ok. I also have friends in dev forum, Chichine, Widgeon, Q_Q, Neutreā€¦
You can call me Mehadi or Mehdi.

5 Likes

Iā€™m gonna copy iMehdiā€™s formatting here.

Iā€™m konlon15, Iā€™m 13 years old from Sweden, and I script.

Iā€™m a basic user in batch one (November), and in 6 months Iā€™m gonna apply to become a level 2 devforum regular member, I guess.

You can call me konlon15; I donā€™t like nicknames.

3 Likes

Hey there! Im Sean!

20 year old college student attending Penn State.
Eagle Scout

Been an avid Roblox player since 2010 and started dabbling in developing a few years ago.

Ive done everything from own a war group, to a clothing group, to a dev studio and many things in between.
My dev studio is called Tabula Rasa Studios and im proud to say that our first release has been played on the Roblox livestream twice and also tweeted out by Roblox for some sort of holiday. We have some more games in the works and planned for release soonā„¢.

Recently, within the past year I have gotten into community management and group administation.

Starting with being an admin/manager for a game that should be releasing soon called Bloopville.
Adding to my resume, I started as a moderator for Cracky4 a while back for his game Ice Breaker.
I also moderate for the youtuber Fraser2TheMax and help AlvinBlox administrate/manage his discord server.

I have also been a part of the development group ā€œBomDevā€ for a while and am currently the ā€˜project leadā€™ for our games.

More recently I was accepted as a moderator for Jailbreak over the summer. I have to say getting to know Badcc and Asimo on a ā€˜deeperā€™ level than most users has been very rewarding.

Anyway, I am part of the new ā€˜basic userā€™ program what iā€™m excited about. There are some changes regarding permissions iā€™d like to see but hey, I can finally say im in the devforum :stuck_out_tongue: Looking forward to bettering myself as a developer, as a leader, and as a person.

~Sean

12 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m IRevyI, but you can call me Revy! Iā€™ve been on ROBLOX since 2011. I started developing in 2014, and Iā€™ve developed for a few groups (mainly Star Wars groups) and have developed a few other things! Iā€™m also a part of the new ā€˜Basic Userā€™ program. Iā€™m looking forward to developing what I can and improve myself as a whole.

5 Likes

Hi , Iā€™m ImageLabel.

French is my maternal tongue but English is my primary language.

Iā€™ve been on Roblox for approximately 8 years in total, 5 on this account. Iā€™ve never fully committed to the development aspects of the platform, but thatā€™s about to change soonā„¢. I am pursuing a BBA with majors in marketing & PR (is this a cover letterĀæ?). Iā€™m also learning pseudocode and am interested in all things OOP.

I hope to prove to be a valuable addition to this group of extraordinary folks. Open for conversation about whatever , whenever!

6 Likes

Salut nouveau franƧais, bienvenue ici

Veux tu rejoindre notre groupe de franƧais pour pouvoir conquƩrir le devforum?

Il yā€™a dĆ©jĆ 

@Asleum @Egzekiel @Neutre @Sofloann @FierceByte @MEHDl et moi mĆŖme :wink:

This is french, if you didnā€™t notice guys, welcome to all the new members!

5 Likes

Slt (& bien sƻr)

n.b: jā€™suis plus fluent oralement quā€™en Ć©crit haha

No problem :wink:

2 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m Uglypoe, though Iā€™m more often called ā€œUglyā€ or ā€œPoeā€.

I joined ROBLOX in 2011. This was around the time when ā€œPokemon Arena Xā€ was one of the most popular games on the site. Iā€™ve always enjoyed the ā€œPokemon RPGā€ style, and so I was inspired to make my own version. In August of 2015, I released my game ā€œPokemon Fighters EXā€. Iā€™ve been continuing to develop it since it came out. My role in the development process has primarily been to program everything. Over the years, Iā€™ve made connections with other developers; namely Builders, who have helped to create the models and maps that have been incorporated into the game.

ROBLOX has been a great experience for me thus far: Iā€™ve learned how to develop games, advertise them, and monetize them. Iā€™ve come to have a better understanding of the developmental process. For over a year now Iā€™ve been reading posts on the Developer Forums, and Iā€™m excited for this new opportunity provided by the ā€œBasic Userā€ program.

5 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m NickelNate678 and Iā€™m a builder on Roblox. Iā€™m part of the new ā€˜basic userā€™ program and Iā€™m really excited to be here. Like @TheSeanConn said, I wish we had more permissions, but what you get is what you get. Iā€™ve never really made a game, but I do build, and now that Iā€™m in Developer Forum itā€™ll probably ramp up my motivation for quite a while.

• Nathaniel, NickelNate678
6 Likes

Howdy all, Iā€™m cloakedyoshi! :happy2:

Iā€™ve been playing ROBLOX since 2009 and I recently picked up developing/scripting in early 2014. Iā€™m looking forward to being a part of the community here and I hope Iā€™ll be able to learn my way to becoming a full member in the future!

2 Likes

Oh neat, theyā€™ve released the basic user program!

Very happy to see all of you here and a few in particular,
a very special welcome to;
@TheSeanConn, @IRevyI, @CleverSource, and @NickelNate678.

Welcome to our big DevForum family and weā€™re super happy to have you all joining us.

~Summer (Riley)

8 Likes