Introduction thread for new forum members

Thanks, man! It’s an honor to be here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks buddy. :+1:

1 Like

Hi there! I’m Spicy_Josh, although you can obviously just call me Josh.

Compared to quite a few people on here, I joined ROBLOX relatively late in January of 2013.

I script, and I honestly can’t remember when I began looking into developing but I know it took me at least around 3 years until I had actually gotten the hang of anything properly. Even then, I still learn new things all the time and have been ever expanding my skill set. I work with my partner, Spicy_Sebastian who does the rest of what it takes to complete any project, such as actually building, animating, GUI work, etc. Him and I primarily work in the RP group portion of ROBLOX, so cafes, restaurants, resorts, salons, and all those other types of things. I’m aware it’s a weird and commonly unnoticed section of the game but I’ve quite enjoyed it and made a lot of friends from it. Sebastian and I mostly just create the games for the groups together and we’ve worked our way up the food chain to working for the biggest groups in that general field.

I’m super glad to be part of the new “basic user” program here, and I hope that it’ll help me further my skill set and be able to achieve my goals.

6 Likes

and me? :hushed:

1 Like

He left us out!

1 Like

Hey, I’m Firefaul, but most of my friends call me Jeta. I mainly make round-based or realism-based games. I’m glad to be a part of this forum now, even though I’m only listed as a basic member. I ended up joining Roblox about five or so years ago on an alt. I hope to attempt to help others and maybe meme.
Never say red is ugly to me

Hidden text

jkplsdonthurtme

5 Likes

I didn’t. Obviously I’m very happy to see all of you here!

2 Likes

red is ugly

Hidden text

jkplsdonthurtme

2 Likes

840B8BED-07DA-433D-BCE3-5B1466F733E7

1 Like

Thanks! Glad to be here!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Happy to be here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I haven’t done an introduction so i’ll go ahead and do one!
I am CleverSource or you can call me Ryan,

Spoiler: I’m a programmer/scripter

I joined roblox in 2014 and started developing around my 4th month at ROBLOX and it was really interesting and I just did it for fun and I learned how to make a script that changes the color of a part and it was so cool! I’ve progressed much more from then and am called to be part of the “basic user” program, I no longer develop for fun this is now more of a job. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh mah gawd hi Ryan

2 Likes

Welcome all you people.

2 Likes

You make round-based games? lemme learn from you pls

2 Likes

am i late to the party

I am Happywalker/Guido,

I joined Roblox back in 2009 on my now alt. account dvbom. Since that account was restricted to Safe Chat and stuff, I decided to make my main account, Happywalker. I started playing around in Studio some months later and constructed a small RPG game that got ± 10k visits (which was quite impressive for me back then). Time passed by and now I am more of a scripter than a builder. I’m currently working on one of my bigger projects; a railroad simulator, a project that got me where I am today.

I’m excited to be part of the “basic user” programme and can’t wait to start contributing to the devforum in many ways. I hope to grow and learn to become a real member soon.

Guido

7 Likes

Suggestion for staff: move this to #development-support and pin?

I think it’d be useful for new basic users to introduce themselves. Hopefully some sort of icebreaker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basic users can view and post in the Forum Feedback category (It’s also already pinned here)

1 Like

Basic users can already see and reply to posts in the Inception Forum category.
If they couldn’t, I wouldn’t have been able to reply to this thread quite a bit above.

1 Like

Oh cool. I didn’t remember that one. Thanks!

1 Like