Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello! I’ve actually been developing on roblox for 7 years and only now have I joined the DevForum community since I only got the time to do so today. Im excited to learn and work with people here!

Probably through a german Youtuber who played Tycoons & Simulators.

I guess I enjoyed it back then, which was around silvester UTC +2. My first games I played were the Pizza Tycoon & The Elevator. The more time passes, the bigger the nostalgia gets.

Development started once I got introduced to smaller projects such as cafés, but ascended to my own projects.

Do not trust anyone pretending to be your best friend in development.
I’ve always wanted to start with Roblox Development early, but at that time, I had no PC yet.

I’d consider a project that’d achieve more than millions of visits as one goal, while practising my Lua :)!

I started out small by doing project I personally like rather than doing money grabber games.

My sicere apologies, I couldn’t have figured out yet on how to assign yourself these roles.

I’m shy, introvert, that’s all for now. :)! ):

1. tbh I forgot how i found it XD but i did see the very first commercial for roblox when it first started c:
  2. well i started out playing games on the platform. became inspired and began building awesome things.
  3. making awesome stuff and teaching others how to make awesome stuff as well >w<
  4. modeler :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. ye- been working on some cool new stuff in blender. hope it can be in ugc someday >w<

Hi!

1. I found Roblox through an ad like 6 years ago
  2. I really don’t remember. It probably started with me just messing around in studio.
  3. To improve my skills and get my group to 500 members.
  4. GFX & Builder
1 Like

Hi. I’m new here. I’ve been trying to get in for like 36 days. It feels amazing that I can finally also try helping people, making new posts or answering.

I’m Bill_Fake. Honestly, I don’t remember where I found Roblox. I made my account on Roblox at 2017. I was stunned how big the community is, how many games and people are there. I was buying many gamepasses because I mostly didn’t care how did my avatar look. Didn’t have any problem wearing free things. I prefered the gameplay. Some day, at 2018, I thought “This is amazing. But wait, How is it all actually made?”. I found out, that after installing Roblox, another program made “Roblox Studio” was also on my laptop. Of course, I opened it as fast as I could and started inspecting how does the menu look, the buttons and basically everything. Tried building many things, but it didn’t seem like I was made for that. I started scripting a bit and was stunned how easy RbxLua was. Before scripting on Roblox, I was making websites and doing some things in node.js or Python. After around 2 months of playing with scripting, I got bored. I didn’t see a reason for trying to script anymore, since I didn’t have any money to make ads so also no one would see my creations. Few months later I came back because I saw that on the dev forum there is a “Recruitment” category. Started scripting a bit for a guy. He told me he needs a gui for application centre. I made one and absolutely fell in love in both scripting, and UI designing. After that, sadly got scammed and got only 100 robux, not 1000. I started making long scripts and cool uis. Spending many time, sometimes even over 6 hours. So yeah, my current goal was making few interesting scripts I couldnt find anywhere else and getting paid my first 100 robux! :). I would like my role in the developer community to be UI Designer.
5. I would like to add that for some reason I am a long writer and for my little 13 year old age, I can act really mature if I get sucked into some topic, or I always try to help. PS. Recently made another cool script made Soft Shutdown that gets all the players from all servers into reserved servers and then puts them back to fresh new ones (servers)! :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: My god, didn’t think it would be that much of text… Maybe I said a little bit too much?

1 Like
  1. How did you find Roblox? I find it somehow i cant remember
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? I just got inspired by games
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform. Get better at stuff
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) Builder mainly , but i also do scripting , translations and animations sometimes
  5. Anything else you would like to include. No thx for this
  1. I found ROBLOX a few years ago with my friend, but decided it wasn’t the place for me. I then came back in December 2019, and then thought I quite like it here.
  2. I wanted to start developing roleplay games.
  3. Become a talented developer.
  4. I try to focus on building and GFX.
  5. Nope!
  1. How did you find Roblox?
    The encounter with Roblox was due to the fact that I was so bored that I didn’t know what to play. So I started playing Roblox since 2012. When I was a guest I played your game until hooked up until Early 2014. I started thinking of wanting to start creating my own game on This platform!

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I started learning Lua since 2015 because it is an age that I deserve to study that language a lot because if I don’t play it and go to study in the future, I think I will be very hard to understand. Because I’m too lazy to study it

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I want to have a good game of my own without copying other people’s ideas.

4. What is your role in the developer community?
    I want to be a programmer because I can script things.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    Nah, I want to eat my pizza. I’m lazy now

Edit: Sorry for my bad English please don’t laugh at me.

1 Like

I found Roblox awhile back ago when I was younger, around 2010 or 2011. But then stopped playing. However, I got back into it around 2016, then made my own account on 2017!

2: How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I started developing around last year, when I got into building.

3: Current goals/achievements on the platform
I want to build multiple games to entertain users when they are playing my game. Work with a development team. Many more!

4. What is your role in the developer community?
I am a Builder and a Game-Publisher. Maybe in the future, I will learn how to 3D model.

5. Anything else you would like to include??
Well, I am happy to be invited to the Developer forums! So thank you!

1 Like
    I have found Roblox all the way back in 2013 when I first played as a guest. Someone referenced it on another website and I decided to give it a whirl.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    My development started pretty soon after the creation of my account (late 2014) I wouldn’t say I was actually developing proper things. It was more of me just putting together free models and decals until I liked the final result.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I am currently working on several games. My goal is to eventually gather a decent player base. I’m looking forward to improving and hopefully someday gaining access to the ugc as well.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I’d say I’m a jack of all trades, master of none. Still best at scripting and building, but nowhere near professional calibre.
  5. Anything else you would like to include
    I have quite a few games that I have posted on my profile that use free models. So please bear that in mind if you ever go exploring my old games.
1 Like

Hey! Im new to devforum just git approved yesterday. Im a ui designer, modeller and builder (dont known how to script .thank you

1 Like

Hello! My username is PaperTusk, but I go by Ryan. I’ve been playing Roblox since around 2012 when I was introduced to it by a friend. I fell in love with the community and the games almost instantly and have been playing frequently ever since. I began developing around 5 years ago, but only started taking it seriously about a year ago. I specialize in building but I also do some art on the side. I’m currently creating new projects daily and trying my best to fill up my own portfolio as well as develop my own building style and improve on my techniques. I’m very honored to be apart of the forum at this time, and I hope that I will only continue to improve and grow while on this platform with the help of you guys, so thank you.

If you’d like to see any of my work, feel free to check my Roblox profile for any projects I have open at the moment. :slight_smile:

Hello! I’ve Been Playing Roblox Since 2015 In Summer (At Some Point)
Developing during my First Years Was Absent But Recently I’ve Been Getting into making Small Group Games and Games For Roleplay (I’m Not Really Known Though).

The Railway Community Is My Place as I learn New Skills, I Recently Learnt About Using Unions But Building is a place for me.

My Goals are To become A Small Developer for Railway Games and Create Simple but Fun Roleplay

Hello, I am AstralBlu_e (also known as XAnimeX2 since it is one of my old mains) and I am new to this Forum , I really hope I can be helpful.
This forum already helped me so much which is a reason ill keep using it.
I am trying to learn more and be better in the development and logically help others with that.

It is a honor to become a member of this forum.

1. How did you find Roblox? I found ROBLOX through Youtube.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? I found out about Roblox Studio for years ago from now, the idea of creating my own game got into my head, but I haven’t been very good developing. I have my main account, but I was in this one for a while and then I noticed that I was able to post in the Devforum.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform: I am planning to create a Cafe named Camme. Which will work in many ways.

4. What is your role in the developer community? Web Developer. I have created a website that is something like a blog, I’ll use it for my Cafe’s Handbook. I find using google docs difficult.

1 Like

Hello! The name is Yabb. I’m new here so I’m really excited to be apart of this forum because I’ve been playing Roblox for about 4 years now. I had first been introduced to the game by my cousin who is obsessed - initially, I didn’t see the appeal or why it was so popular but now, I really see how fun the platform is and how kind the community can be if you look in the right places.

In the near future, I’d love to try out developing and learn so many new things, but for now I hope to improve my artistic abilities and become an expert digital artist while trying out things I’ve never done before.

Thanks for reading this, looking forward to be spending my time here! :milky_way:

Hi! I found Roblox while I was younger, I often played games with friends without the idea of even creating them or considering the fact that other users made them.

I got started with development when I played one elemental game and was starting to get involved in dev communities. I realized people learn to make things and can be successful in their endeavors so I embarked on a journey to learn new things.

I aim to release a game this year that will do well in both popularity and content. I hope to be able to provide content to others as I have recieved.

I am a programmer.

Hello, I’m Sparky and new to DevForum. I have been a member of ROBLOX since 2010 or 2011, I can’t remember, ahaha. xd
I found Roblox from advertisement. Once, I looked at my game and tried to learn how it work. My goals to learn more script. I would say my own role are Builder and Beginner Scripter.

Hi everyone! My name is The_Slojoe. I am a up and coming developer who primarily dabbles in GFX. I am very stubborn, so you won’t be finding me blowing up the front page any time soon, considering my lack of wanting to work. Joke asides, I guess I have to answer the questions.

1. Youtube. I am not answering which channel to save face.
  2. I was tasked with trying to submit a laptop decal to a popular game. Needless to say I failed.
  3. I want to make a dungeon crawler game using Blender and my (VERY) limited experience in Lua.
  4. GFX although I suck at it haha.
  5. Incoming 1 year long hiatus.
  1. I found Roblox from family members about 8 years ago. We were all pretty interested in it, but of course, as the youngest, I was last to start playing.

2. Developing was pretty hard for me, I never knew what I wanted to do. First it was building, then it was GFX design, then it was scripting, now it’s Clothing Design. I just practiced and practiced until I was pleased enough with my work to do commissions.

3. My main goal on the platform is to inspire and teach. I’ve been taught by others this whole way. Why not do the same to others but as the position?

4. My role in the developer community is 'Clothing Designer

5. Thanks for reading.