Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello everyone! I am iFizzics though you may call me Fizz and I’m excited to join the DevForum community. I started playing Roblox in 2014 and have been interested in development for about two years now. I mostly have done building in the past, but I’m now looking to get into scripting and it’s been going well! I’m hoping to reveal my new game within the month. Have a great day everyone!

Hi! my name is STCB i’m 14 years old and i have been playing ROBLOX for 4 years and i have only discovered the ROBLOX developer forum a few weeks ago.

i discovered the ROBLOX developer forum when i was searching for advice on making a clothing group. I have been interested in making a clothing group for a few months and decided that i should finish my last exam first. I have only gotten into designing clothing on ROBLOX for a little over 3 weeks. i have been drawing my whole life, but i have been drawing (digitally and traditionally) more seriously for my dream future career for a little over 2 years. and i am still in the process of learning more about building and scripting.

thank you for reading my introduction! :smile:

I’m TriplePattyBurger, developer of the game Rocket Tester. I did much of the building and all of the scripting for the game.
I have been updated Rocket Tester for a few years now, and in that time I’ve learned a lot of building and scripting. I’m not as good with UI’s.

1 Like

Hello,
Im Fortunatepoki
i’ve been on the roblox platform for multiple years know
and iv’e been developing for over a year. When i found ROBLOX studio i immediately started using it. Eventhough games i made back then were just tiny projects which i never opened for the public. But in jaunuari me and my friend n3ir3 started working on a roblox game which is now still in alpha but it is open to the public.
Our goal with out game is to make people enjoy there time they spend on it and that everything is fair so no to overpowered gamepasses. i especially love scripting eventhough i love building to, I script way more so im way better at scripting then i am at building, I also like scripting more. so if i had to choose i would consider myself as a scipter. I think i will have a great time here.

Hello, I am UnreadNotification got my username from some website bugs, and I am a Programmer. I am excited to be on the devforum and hope that I can contribute to the community. I usually just read things, but, I might make a few topics.

I don’t know what else to add here, so…

Bye! :wave:

1. A friend told me about it, and I immidiatly started playing.
  2. With tutorials on YouTube, next, the forum.
  3. Making a succesful game.
    4)I’m a scripter.
    5)/.

Greetings, I’m steamsimulator2213, I found Roblox about a few years ago and started off only as a player. When I had the drive and passion to learn Lua, I went one and started becoming a developer of making nuclear-generating stations, Sci-fi games, Industrial processing, etc. My current goals and achievements are to get my group with their first official game.

Some talents that I bring to the development community are:

• GFX

• Advanced Building/Modeling/Construction

• Beginner-Intermediate Scripting/Programming

• UI Designer

• Vector Image Creator

How did you find Roblox?
Hi! My name is Kenny & This is how I found Roblox! I found this game from a friend who mentioned it to me, he said “Check out this game it’s really good.” So I downloaded the game and the first ever game that I played was a Granny Game.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
Right now I’m working on a horror game that is based on The Rake. I saw this game and I wanted to try building one myself. I’m currently editing it and working on it.

Current goals/achievements on the platform
My current goals are to build a successful game that everyone is going to enjoy. I currently don’t have any achievements but I will still try my best to achieve something. :smiley:

What is your role in the developer community?
I’m currently a translator. I am very good using both English and Spanish. If you need any help contact me on Discord at: littlebodybigheart#8599. I will be very happy to help.

:heartpulse: Hope we can be friends! Have a nice day & Stay Safe! :heartpulse:

1 Like

oh christ did i reply to a specific person

(i’m posting this again because i accidentally replied to a top contributers post, oops)

Im not really sure how I found ROBLOX, I probably just caught on from it being so popular.

I got started by looking at alvinblox tutorials and stuff like that, then I quit. I came back recently and I’ve been teaching myself a lot.

I don’t really have any goals.

I’m a programmer.

I don’t have anything else to include.

1 Like
  1. How did you find Roblox? Answer: I found ROBLOX from my friends in school.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? Answer: I got started by opening studio for the first time and starting to read books about ROBLOX Lua and get into blender a
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform Answer: My goal is to create a game that contains both my knowledge of building and scripting as well as explore with other big development studios.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) Answer: I am more of a programmer in the making. But I would say I am getting into Lua very soon overbuilding.
  5. Anything else you would like to include Answer: I just want everyone to have a good day and practice hard for your achievements!

Hey, my name is lechugaosu, and I just joined the DevForum.

I found Roblox by looking at YouTube about four years ago, I then joined as a guest and registered on 2017. I started developing small places at around 2018, and started getting into scripting on 2019.
My current goal is to develop a unique kind of game on the platform, and my role on the developer community is both an programmer and a translator.

I’m from Chile, so I talk spanish and I’m on a different timezone, so yeah.

1. I found Roblox through a friend who invited me to join.
  2. I got started with wanting to develop on the Roblox platform because of my interest in game development and using Roblox Studio, this started as just a hobby and now I am more professional and experienced in developing.
  3. My current goals on the platform is to develop a game that makes it onto the front page and a game that everyone is capable of enjoying and playing.
  4. I am a builder and have been building for 2-3 years, I am also just learning to model.
  5. I believe that Roblox is a great platform for those being introduced to game developement because of Roblox’s user friendly Studio, and all the features provided for developers to advance and improve.

Hey all,

Finally got my membership, been like a month! Anyway, found Roblox by playing with my younger cousin, had ideas for what would make some of the games we play better, checked out a little of Roblox studio and then decided to start a full project of the type of game I always wanted to play.

So far I’ve built a fully functional fishing game that uses loot tables, fancy camera angles, click skill challenges, drag/drop inventory system, shopkeeper system, NPC’s/enemies and their movement, stats, and character buffs. It was only one part of the game I intend to make, it’s taken me this whole month because I can only do in my spare time.

Currently learning model rigging and animation, need to implement some custom animations on what’s been done already and add a specific battle system I have in mind. Next task after this is figuring out how to create player specific areas that they can customize themselves for their home sections.

My role in the community is probably all of the things. I’m not good enough at anything yet to say I’m any of those roles but I’ll be learning and doing all of them.

Anyway, just thought I’d leave an intro, so glad I got an invite to community. I thought for a while I wasn’t gonna get one because I use an unusual network setup with my internet and figured I’d been flagged as a bot. So getting an invite now brought a tear to my eye… A happy one! Glad to be on board!

Hi fellows,

I am SenatorovPavel and I’ve joined Developer Forum on 26th of April, 2020.

So, to start with, I found Roblox by watching a new 2015 Xbox advertising trailer for Roblox, because at that time I got my new XBOX one.

I got started with development here by playing games that had inspired me like Egg Hunt 2018: The Great Yolktales. I’ve found out what is the Internship at Roblox corp. and I am interested in learning more about it.

My current goals are to provide the best player gaming experience to players on the platform, develop my building and programming skills, so it became my hobby I can say.

I have no specific role at the moment, I will try each of those roles like Builder, Programmer and etc. What if 2 roles at once fit to me, who knows?

I really want to develop my communication skills here on the platform, because I want to improve my English to the best as I can, maybe make new acquaintances with some of you in the future. Currently, working on my new project alone. I hope it will reach the high skies of positive ratings, of course no cash-grabbing intended.

I really like new updates that were delivered to us, developers. Thanks Developer Relations, for listening to us.

I lacked motivation to start doing anything with my project, but when I began to do so, It became a thing on my regular basis. Thanks to the DevForum Community, that encouraged us to do our projects. :slight_smile:

– SenatorovPavel

1 Like

Hi there!

My name is toothypicky, and I’m a new member of the forum. To answer the questions:

1. Through the app store on my old phone back in 2012. I was browsing games to waste time with and found ROBLOX, and was instantly hooked, and still am!
  2. I’m a builder. I’ve just recently started building, but I’m getting better and better! I feel it comes to me naturally.
  3. I’m looking to find jobs and experiences that’ll help me improve, and hopefully move on to even bigger projects!
  4. I’m a builder, as I said in question 2.
  5. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I only recently got accepted into the devforum. I am Eurocracy, a 3D modeller and aspiring game developer. I hope to be able to contribute to the development community here and receive help with any problems I might be having. To answer the questions:

1. I found out about ROBLOX through my cousin, which was in 2011. I’ve greatly enjoyed the community and user created games so far!
  2. Long ago, I played a game called Build Your Own Mech, that game motivated me to start building with F3X. From there, I improved and later tried my hand at Blender. The switch to Blender opened a lot of doors from me and I’ve since dreamed of starting a development studio. Only recently, that became a reality and I am greatly enjoying our project so far.
  3. My current goal is to launch our game and provide the ROBLOX community with a fun and worthwhile game to play. We hope that many players will enjoy it!
  4. As mentioned previously, I am a 3D modeller!
  5. For those interested, I am relatively active on Twitter and post updates on our project there!

Hi,

I’m RainyLofi.

I’m fairly new to the dev forums but have been programming on Roblox for a long time (4+ years at least). Haven’t needed to use it until recently but I plan to use it more.

Finally got the member trust level!

1 Like

Happy to be a new Deforum member! :+1:

Hey I’m FiveSquarz.

I think I found Roblox while searching up something for Minecraft a really long time ago.

I started with development on Roblox by following along a couple scripting tutorials after seeing some amazing creations made on the platform.

I’ve been reading the devforum for a while now, and I realized that I might have more opportunities to use it as summer approaches.

I’m an amateur scripter, currently just playing around with random things in studio and getting used to how they work.

My goal is to eventually create a memorable game(s?) :slight_smile: