Introduction thread for new forum members

My Introduction:
* How did you find Roblox?
I don’t remember how I found Roblox, but I remember it was in 2013!
* How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
Last year to do some basic development as it was all I could do. I’ve grown since then!
* Current goals/achievements on the platform
Make a successful game, but I suppose that’s everyone’s goal :slight_smile:
* What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
I am primarily a programmer. :slight_smile:
* Anything else you would like to include
I am very happy to be here. Hello everyone!

Hey, I’m ActiveFrenzy. I found this game while on a big move from one coast to the other - one of my friends told me about the game. I joined in July 2017 (I used a different account).

As I played all the games on the platform, I kept getting game ideas for myself. At the time I only played on a tablet, but when I found out you could make games on a computer, I started to borrow until I could get my own computer. I used a lot of tutorials and made a couple games but was too afraid to publish at the time.

Currently, I am working on a round-based game where different mini-obbies (just 1-2 obstacles at a time) are presented each round. I decided to do this instead of a larger obby because the wait times in between rounds would be shorter, allowing players to be more stimulated. With the quarantine continuing, along with summer coming up, time is freeing up for me and I’m able to work on the game more often. It’s technically already out but isn’t very good :wink:, so I’m working on a large revamp.

When it comes to my role in the developer community, I’m more or less a little bit of everything. I’m an amateur builder and scripter and consider myself an intermediate UI designer. I don’t currently work for anyone on Roblox, so I only really develop for myself and my group Frenzy Games (although I’m the owner of it and am the only developer in it).

I’m excited to have the ability to post and interact with the Developer Forum because it’ll hopefully help me in my goals, while I can also attempt to help other people achieve their goals. It’ll be great knowing everyone in this community!

Hi, my name is Head, aka Tom.

I’m 21 years old. I can build & script in Roblox. Currently i’m working on one of my old games. I’m going to rework it. Dutch people might know me of my Themepark The Efteling, which is quite old (It’s from the Tix-age).

I’m a proper builder and quite good scripter. However, i still mighht need some help.

I’m always open for small and medium-sized requests. Might do small requests for free.

Hello! my name is c1arkes.

I first found Roblox from a youtube video of someone creating a game back in 2015. (joined on a different account) Ever since I learned how to use Roblox studio I’ve been creating things.

I’m a builder and a learning scripter, as of now.

Currently, my goal is to create a successful game on Roblox, and maybe create some maps for some games.
I’m looking forward to creating some awesome things and share it with the dev forum, So glad that I am a part of this now.

Hello, my name is Intrepid.
I’ve been on ROBLOX for about 3 years now (in different accounts). I found ROBLOX when one of my friends recommended me ROBLOX.
I saw how people developed games using Lua Scripting. Then at that moment, I had an interest to start developing. Frankly, I wasn’t that good that time, but now I’ve been working on my skills for about an year now.
I have many goals. One of my main ones I’m currently working on is making a ROBLOX game look very realistic. Ofc I’ve already done some games like that (I’m still working on those games), but I am trying to get ultra realism. Another goal is to get well known by many users on ROBLOX.
I want to help people, inspire them and do some good developing myself. I’ve got over 100 visits on another account I use in my places. I’m a programmer in ROBLOX. I chose ROBLOX as the platform to play & develop because ROBLOX is very fun and very interesting.

Hello, My name is Ton

I accidently found Roblox by I search on google for “blox” and i found this game on 2015 and i forgot my old account I’ve create 4 accounts but forgot them all now i’ll not

I like to Scripting, First time I just make my own game and play because I feel it’s cool and fun to scripting and building scripting is the best here

My Current goals is Finish my game and have some knowledgs about Roblox Lua

My role is Programmer , Builder

I like to abandon my game but now i’ll not xD

Hello, I’m charcle and absolutely, positively, without a doubt, can not wait to be able to use this forum :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Robloxian Dev’s. @FunnyBoyB introduced me to Roblox a few years ago. After a while I started playing, and then playing more, and more… About a year ago I dabbled with some tutorials (I’m a programmer). But about a month ago I started to really dig in. I’m working on a game idea now that @FunnyBoyB and I conceived. I’m finding answers in the Dev Forum regularly–thank you Dev posters!

Hey guyz, I’m finally a member on roblox dev forum!

Looking forward to hear from all of you :smiley: I’m about to make great games!

Haha, Hello, I’m Enjinsho or Fkiame
Currently 22 y/os, have been on ROBLOX for 12 years now. but poor Development skill and English.

• Once I remember when I found an ad on Newground around 2007-2008, things seem interesting so I joined that player can do their own creation on the platform.
  • I started using Studio around 2009, I didn’t understand much about English but started to study the script on Admin cmds and Minigame things
  • Well, I have a dream to make a Community game that things can be changed from player’s incidents.
  • Well, currently I can do all sore of Game Development but still not for Lua scripting. I studied a short course on Digital Hollywood on Japan for 9 months for Digital 3D Art.
  • Please be my personal scripting tutor or be my friend. :slight_smile:

I just got accepted as a developer (June 10, 2020), Thank you so much for accepting me been waiting so that I could also help other people with certain things.

Hi my name is Seniorez im a Developer and Music Producer. I’ve been on ROBLOX for 9 years I started on 2010 from an older account, anyways I found ROBLOX because I was watching on youtube “games like Minecraft” and I found this one video that showed me a ROBLOX Tycoon Game and there it all started, I actually started learning development on the ROBLOX Platform since 2011 I started using free models and tried to replicate them on my own til I got the hang of it and now I build on my own through imagery/references or just plain from my mind which is hard to be honest.

Quick Add on: I don\t usually finish my projects but that gives me the learning experience and opportunity of trying out new things in a different perspective.

I hope I’d be a help to everyone here in the forum. Thank you!

Hi!

My name is About_Dev. My story begins on October 21, 2017. I’ve just heard about ROBLOX! So that following day, I’ve downloaded ROBLOX on my phone! I have gotten into building recently so I decided to create my first game! An obby! My role in the developer community is a builder! My goals for the developer community is to get to on the front page (hopefully), make fun games that attract people, have fun with creating games! That’s all about me so far. Have a good day, and hope to see you soon.

Thanks!

Hello, I’m new here

1 - First I found Roblox back in 2009-2011 while my brothers were playing it and I started playing as Guest and in lots of accounts and I always forget them, And still I forget lots of stuff but not the important stuff.

2 - I started developing games 4.5 I think years ago, I was just using free models and plugins etc.

3 - Idk what that third question really mean but I think it means like famous games etc, I got one famous game that is little bit famous I got from it now more than 31k visits and couple robux, And got limiteds from trading and buying.

4 - And last i’m a Programmer I work alone a lot but I have people to work with too but not a lot, And they say that i’m a very good programmer :slight_smile:

5 - And i’m happy to be a member of Roblox Developer Forum.

Hi, I’m huntingmurderer (Yes cringe I know). I’ve been playing Roblox for almost 4 years now (Joined in 2016). Its an honor to be accepted as a member into the Developer Forum.

I first found Roblox because a lot of my friends were playing it. It wasn’t until the beginning of last year that I started getting into developing when I decided to try and recreate my school in Roblox. Sort of as a hangout for me and my friends on the platform. My current goals on the platform is to learn how to script when I get the time and motivation. My role here is building and recreating things. Lastly, I hope to be a great addition to the community!

Hi, everyone! I’m Saltax and I’m developing Roblox games for more than 4 years, but I’ve never used this forum before, but I decided to try it and now I know what I’ve lost :slight_smile:

Once my friend told me about the Roblox, and so I started playing it.
I wasn’t really interested in building or in any other development types, but once I’ve met my friend with a railways group and I started to learn building with him.

My goal is to make my own successful game and become a famous developer across the Roblox.

My main role is a builder, but I can also Script, Model, and design clothes.

I have no specific specialization for building. I can build and enjoy anything.

1 Like

Hello, I am Waylander40K (big fan of the author David Gemmell and Warhammer).

My children play Roblux extensively. After many years of watching them play and a desire to make a game. I tried out the editor, and viewed many youtube videos and forum posts to learn.

I have now made a game, and am working to make it better. Although starting to wonder whether to get help or move on to another Roblox project.

In building a game I have become multi skilled (builder, scripter and UI). Found programming to be the part that I most enjoy doing.

Hello I’m Wheeos!
1 I found roblox well talking with my friend and he recommended it to me.
2 I got started on development after learning more about scripting and building as well as more as general game statistics and other stuff game related, I really have enjoyed games my hole life, and It was a dream to me to become at least some type of game developer.
3 My current goals are to learn more about scripting/building and the development world, as well as the development community here at roblox.
4 My role here is, Scripter/Builder/GFX.
5 Nice To Be Here.

Hi, I’m newvegasbIues, or just Vegas. I found Roblox sometime in 2012 - 2013, playing as a guest on some of the older games. I made my Roblox account in 2014, and I’ve been playing ever since. I got big into RP games, mainly ATF in ~2016, and I’ve been playing them ever since.

I’ve been working on off for games and projects since late 2018, working on projects with friends and the like. I currently work for ChadTheCreator on ATF and FL2, and it’s been a great learning experience.

I currently want to learn how to script and continue working on ATF and FL.

I’m mainly a builder, however, I do occasionally make clothes, although they’re almost always for myself.

I’m currently a moderator for ATF, which is how I got my development positions in ATF and FL.

1. I found ROBLOX in 2013 when I saw someone at the library playing it. I played as a guest until I made my account in 2013.
  2. I’m just getting started on learning to develop right now! I didn’t really start to develop anything until last year. I started picking up scripting a couple months back.
  3. I want to get a small, nice community for my hangout game “The Oasis”, as there aren’t many classic hangout games like that on ROBLOX.
  4. I used to just build, but now I am learning how to script.
  5. My favorite quote is by JFK, “Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.” Very powerful.

I have been playing roblox for 5 years, when my brother introduced me to it. I was introduced to development by a popular developerer. I hope to make a name for myself and to further my skills. I am a composer. I have been doing music for 14 years. Wish me luck!