Introduction thread for new forum members

I have been playing roblox for 5 years, when my brother introduced me to it. I was introduced to development by a popular developerer. I hope to make a name for myself and to further my skills. I am a composer. I have been doing music for 14 years. Wish me luck!

Hey all! Just got promoted to member tonight out of the blue and I’m excited to finally start communicating with fellow devs!

I found Roblox in 2010 through a friend from school, and ever since then I’ve been on and off the platform for the past 10 years.

I started developing a few months after I had a chance to play some of the popular games back then, like Robloxian Pool and the original Hide and Seek (you know the one). Once I started getting used to studio and had some Robux in my account, I invested in ads for my old game called Ragdoll Stairfall. Soon enough to my surprise, it hit the front page days later.

My current goals for the platform are to develop diverse and engaging experiences, and getting feedback is what I love the most. I value fun over the potential return, and seeing players interact in my games puts the biggest smile on my face.

My role in the community is basically an everything person. I design all my UI and thumbnails, build all my games, and do some lite scripting, I’m more of a script “editor” haha.

And yeah, hello to all! Glad to be here.

I started playing Roblox about 10 years ago and still play it every now and then. I was impressed by a lot of games today compared to 10 years ago and decided to try making my own. I want to further my understanding of coding and produce a good game. While I am currently focusing on understanding scripting, I would like to learn the fundamentals in everything so I can have a better understanding. Scripting has been fun but there have been a lot of roadblocks I have faced that have been frustrating.

Hi, i am mohas191, i only started developing 2 years ago. I used to play roblox in 2013.
Im happy to join this immense forum and looking forward it!

1. Through a youtube video by Shedletsky
  2. Sporadically
  3. Understanding computer science and make a new game
  4. Programmer
  5. Not much else to say

Salutations, developers! Before I’d like to introduce myself to this wonderful and friendly Dev Forum community, I’d like to say that thank you for accepting me into the forum. It’s an honor to be here. So let’s get started off by my introduction.

I’m viosylet, formally known as Dlqix. I’ve been building in ROBLOX Studios for 2 years, which is since 2018. Since then, I’m not very active in the forum since I’m a beginner since then. I pretty much build some kind of cafe, juice bars builds. Which somehow someone have inspired me and encouraged me to become a professional builder.

Lastly, I’d like to say thank you for the ROBLOX Community for accepting me into the forum and would like to learn more about it, again. Thank you!

Hey, my name is Architekts. I originally found Roblox back in 2008 when I was 7. It was sort of by coincidence that it was free rather than alternatives at the time, Dad didn’t want to pay 15 bucks haha. It was honestly one of the most enjoyable experiences I’ve had, and I met a family friend on the site just by pure coincidence.

My first step was simple: publishing a model. Once I did that, I watched the video that used to be on the front login page to learn how to build the basics. I took a break and came back in 2013 full swing to attempt to rebuild my home town. I never finished it, but it was a start.

Out of roughly 7 years of development, I mainly helped other people build up their games. At this point now I am starting to make my own games with a moderate amount of Robux I’ve accumulated over time. I flip flop from project to project (i have 12 unfinished projects) but one of the most demanding projects that I’ve been most interested in for up to a year is a huge map of entire North America for a western game.

And my main profession is building. I’m hoping I can learn to program as I go to college for a Computer Science degree.

Kinda remarkable I’ve evaded the dev forums for this long. But here I am.

3 Likes

I don’t really remember how I found Roblox, but I joined in 2017, and have played as a guest before that
Well Just recently started to develop on Roblox, however I have tried it multiple times before over the past few years
As of right now my goal is probably just learn how to script on Roblox
Right Now I’m a programmer
And that’s basically it

Hello I am cam_Guy,

I found roblox back in the beginning of 2017. I found it on the App Store of my phone. My first game to play was Meep City. Back then, games were not as complex as they are now and I fell in love with roblox. The amazing avatar features made it seem like you could always be what you want to be. How I got started with Roblox Development was me and my cousin were very interested in mining games as games like Treasure Hunt Simulator and Mining Simulator just came out. Me and my cousin took on a very small project where I scripted the game and he built the game. It was alright for both of us being first time Roblox Developers. From there my journey began as a programmer/scripter.

As a programmer for Roblox, many tasks come up and you have to work through them or work around them. I made many mini projects between 2017 and 2019. In early 2019, I released my first big game called Chest Collecting Simulator. The game now has almost 1 million visits and has been out for over a year now. In early 2020, I started on a new game with Temtaken Studios called Robot Simulator. The game was a huge success and has lead me to make more games with other developers on the platform.

My current goals on roblox are to work on more games with other developers, do some solo projects by myself, dev ex a big amount, make a front page game, get better at programming, and be a better me as I am always wanting to improve. I have been on the Roblox Developer Forum for over a year now and I am always looking for new things to do!

My role in the community is a Programmer.

Thank you Roblox for this opportunity.
cam_Guy

Hello, I am LifeDigger. I would like to thank everyone who is on the forum for making it a great place to be as a developer.

I found Roblox from my friend. He lives about 2 hours from were I live so we played Roblox to have some fun together. I got started with developing on Roblox because of the events that have been going on so I could use my time with good things. I did start developing a little before but not much as I did not have that much time. My current goal is to make a game that is working with someone else who is a programmer as I am a builder myself. I am a builder as I told you but I am not sure how to change my role on the forum so if someone can help me by telling me that would be great. I have nothing else to say but to never give up even when times may seem hard.

Thanks for reading my introduction,
LifeDigger

Hi, I’m CaptainSwoosh. To preface this, I’m hoping that I can look back on this first post on the devforum as a reference to see how far I’ve come. I’m a big advocate for written goals, so I’ll be writing down some Roblox-related ones in foreseeable aspiration.

I initially found Roblox in ‘09 and played as a guest until 2014. When I joined, I was addicted to town games. They had a certain vibe that just made the Roblox world feel like home. I want to bring that vibe back in my future projects.

As for my history, in 2016 I began working on drawing but quickly switched to work on freelance graphic design projects as it fit better for me. I did this for various groups. I also moderated several servers, groups, and games as well as having a short Roblox cafe stage in 2017, working for groups like Frappe and Fizze, but I don’t talk about that too much. Haha. I also later expanded to work on sound effects, music composition, small scripts, building architecture, 3D modeling with Blender, clothing design, French translation, and even idea curation. I became a jack of all trades and now I am trying to focus my pathway towards full stack game design.

Some of my past projects include:

• Official Island Royale Logo/Icon
  • Them Magazines Cover
  • Superhero Tycoon Icon
  • Greek Elias YouTube Logo
  • Water Wars Icon and Logo
  • Tabla Rusa Studios’ ​Shadow Run French Translation

I originally applied to join the devforum in 2018 and was not successful. I am beyond thankful for the privilege to now contribute to this forum filled with accomplished developers.

Hi! I’m new here. This is my first public post. And I’ll be talking about myself:

1. By watching YouTube videos. xD
  2. I wanted to be part the Developers community and create things for others to enjoy.
  3. Probably I’ll make logos.

Yeah, I know, not much info, but I’m just happy to have finally joined and be able to develop great things. ^-^

2 Likes

I found Roblox back in early 2018 when searching for games that allow you to explore (pretty much adventure).

I started with game development on roblox when I saw how good developers have it on roblox to impress my friends (it totally worked btw lol).

My current goal is to become better at scripting and building and to join a popular group as a dev.

I am mostly a programmer but also a builder, I can sort of model and make gfx’s.

1 Like

Hey everybody!

I’m EthanRichterian and I’m a builder and 3D modeler. I’m always looking for ways to improve my work and learn new things. Currently making a horror-style escape game with a couple of my friends. Thanks for reading!

Greetings! My name is Tevin (ImTevinOkay on ROBLOX). I just wanted to stop by and leave a quick introduction message for you all.

I’ve joined ROBLOX in 2011, the first game I’ve played being a Jaws game. I wasn’t quite familiar with the platforms but eventually, it became a really fun and exciting platform to be apart of. It has since become an honor to be apart of this community.

I’m currently not a developer, however, I’m known for my previous management positions for well-known developers. I always try to get involved in new communities and positions where I’m able to bring forward something new and exciting, which has prompted my growing list of experiences.

My current goals is to find something permanent related to management, considering I am not a developer (eg; scripter, builder etc…), in a community that has great values and a good reputation.

I’m a pretty outgoing person, so if you ever have any questions or would just like to read out, please feel free to at any time.

Welcome @CaptainSwoosh to the Roblox Developer Forum !! :smile:

2 Likes

Hello! Welcome to the Developer Forum @tuota168 !! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello @R1borisoff @EthanLRichter @ImTevinOkay welcome to the Roblox Development forum! Hope you enjoy! Remember go and have a read of the Official Rules :smile:

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Arvensis, I’ve been playing ROBLOX since 2012 and is hugely interested in making games that people can enjoy!

I would say I am an intermediate Graphics Designer, UI artist, everything art related and I am looking forward to further improve my skills in different sections.

Currently, I am working on a high potential game that would mark my success on this platform.

Nice to meet you all! :smile:
Here is what I’ve done recently:

6 Likes

Hey there! I’m ChoosyCrowd408, but most people just call me Choosy. I’m glad to be invited to join the Developer Forum, so I’d thought I’d do an introduction.

I first found Roblox after my friends kept talking about, so I’d thought I should join. I made an account in 2017, and even though I haven’t been here for a long time compared to some other developers, I’ve still had some great experiences on this platform! I’ve always considered starting to build my own game, but I’ve never really fully gone through with it until recently. I’m trying to work on improving my programming and UI design skills, but I can still build and model a few simple things. I’m also somewhat decent at making digital music, but that’s not my primary focus on Roblox and I usually don’t make music just for this platform. I’m currently working on my own project, and since it’s my first big project and I’m working by myself, I’m learning quite a few things along the way! I hope I can be a great addition to this community and be as helpful as I possibly can. If you have any questions or concerns at all, feel free to message me!

Thanks,
ChoosyCrowd408