Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello! Welcome to the Developer Forum @tuota168 !! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello @R1borisoff @EthanLRichter @ImTevinOkay welcome to the Roblox Development forum! Hope you enjoy! Remember go and have a read of the Official Rules :smile:

3 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Arvensis, Iā€™ve been playing ROBLOX since 2012 and is hugely interested in making games that people can enjoy!

I would say I am an intermediate Graphics Designer, UI artist, everything art related and I am looking forward to further improve my skills in different sections.

Currently, I am working on a high potential game that would mark my success on this platform.

Nice to meet you all! :smile:
Here is what Iā€™ve done recently:

6 Likes

Hey there! Iā€™m ChoosyCrowd408, but most people just call me Choosy. Iā€™m glad to be invited to join the Developer Forum, so Iā€™d thought Iā€™d do an introduction.

I first found Roblox after my friends kept talking about, so Iā€™d thought I should join. I made an account in 2017, and even though I havenā€™t been here for a long time compared to some other developers, Iā€™ve still had some great experiences on this platform! Iā€™ve always considered starting to build my own game, but Iā€™ve never really fully gone through with it until recently. Iā€™m trying to work on improving my programming and UI design skills, but I can still build and model a few simple things. Iā€™m also somewhat decent at making digital music, but thatā€™s not my primary focus on Roblox and I usually donā€™t make music just for this platform. Iā€™m currently working on my own project, and since itā€™s my first big project and Iā€™m working by myself, Iā€™m learning quite a few things along the way! I hope I can be a great addition to this community and be as helpful as I possibly can. If you have any questions or concerns at all, feel free to message me!

Thanks,
ChoosyCrowd408

Hello, I am Anthonychi. I found Roblox when I was introduced to it when I saw someone else playing this game and I wanted to see what it was like for myself.

I got started with development by creating some places and messing around with the tools available in the Roblox Studio, learning from free models in the toolbox and by searching for tutorials online.

Eventually, I want to make a game that many people will enjoy and keep playing with perhaps 100-200 players playing at all time.

Iā€™m a mix of a builder and a programmer, but I prefer programming over building.

Hello, I am Dan. I found Roblox when I saw an advertisement back in December 2017, and I love it.

I get started from messing with Miners Haven, using Developer Forum, and API Documentation is really helping me out

Making a functional and enjoyable game by the end of July

I am a beginner in all of it, so I wanted to be all of the role to explore my potential, so far I am a mix of Builder, UI/UX Designer, and Programmer

1 Like

I found roblox about 6 years ago, when I was quite young. My first account was called ā€œAwesomelittlegamer3ā€. I got started with development when I first met an owner of a game, J_143. He is really, who got me started in big development. My main aim is to get a game on the front page that all of the players can enjoy. My main role is programming. I started out as a builder, but then transitioned into a programmer. Thatā€™s pretty much it, leads us to today where I am now an advanced programmer and builder! Well, thanks for reading my reply, Bye!

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

I just want to say that Iā€™m very happy to finally be a Member on the forum. I have read many posts already.

I found Roblox through my kids to be honest. I was amazed at the amount of games on the platform and after some investigation I found Roblox Studio. Even though I am fairly new to Roblox I am not new to game development and have worked on many other game engines. My current focus is just to learn as much as I can. Most of my experience is on the graphics side but I am working hard to improve on the scripting sideā€¦:slight_smile:

I hope to learn a lot from you guys but hopefully I can also share a bit of what I have learned up till now.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hello there, Iā€™m Crazy Captain and, I just got promoted to member and, Iā€™d like to introduce myself.

1. So I found about Roblox, when I heard about it as a great platform to play and develop games.
  2. So when I started to play roblox, I wanted to also create a game like other developers, because development on Roblox seemed interesting to me, so thatā€™s why I started learning scripting in Roblox.
  3. So my goal is to create a game that players find enjoyable and, be a famous Roblox developer.
  4. Iā€™m a UI Designer

Thatā€™s all, thanks for the time you spent on reading this!

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m also new to this forum and I found Roblox through my cousin whoā€™s pushing me to be a Game developer. I got started in 4th grade dabbled a little bit then forgot about Roblox when my computer got it wiped of a virus. I rejoined in 2018 and made an obby called Into The Air Crusier. I didnā€™t learn programming / scripting from 2018 - 2019. This summer I started fresh and learned from the basics, I know my basic syntax of Lua and I want to get better at programming, building, and maybe GFX. My role in this community is programmer. I canā€™t wait to know and help you guys if I can. I also need help for my new game coming soon called Cloud Kingdom another obby.

1 Like

Hello, I found Roblox when I was around 10(Currently 16)! But then I noticed Roblox studio and decided to mess around with it! I have been hooked ever since! But I never took it as seriously until recently so I came on to the DevForum to find tutorials or inspiration to a new game I would love to bring to the Roblox atmosphere! I have been a gamer all my life on console and now moving to PC it is a great experience! But one game I truly love is Call Of Duty, I hope to eventually bring a game like this to light as something new and something no one else is doing! Happy to be here!

Hello, I am grateful to finally be a member of this forum.

I found ROBLOX a while back from a sibling who played the game.

I only recently started with development on the ROBLOX platform, building things for the first time. At first it was a bit tricky, but very quickly I got the hang of things.

I am a builder.

How did you find roblox?

My second cousins introduced me to the platform.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I donā€™t even remember. I started about two years ago but didnā€™t get into it, and Iā€™m back to try again two years later!

Current goals/achievements on the platform

Eventually I want to have successful games/a following but currently I am developing a game just to grow my skills and to have something to put on a portfolio.

What is your role in the developer community?

I am trying to learn it all! Currently I am working on scripting, but by the end of my game I will have composed music for it, modeled enemies and decorations, built structures, and created a GUI.

I am still learning, but I am learning quickly. I will be for hire shortly, lol.

1 Like

Hello,
I found Roblox, when looking platforms for game development. Have played it a while now. But started developing games couple of months ago. My goal is to develop some games as side projects and hope they are successful. I am doing building, 3d modelling and scripting.

I came to Roblox looking for a fun game to play and started building about a month ago. My current goal is to build up a reputation for my studio ā€œpunishertheawesome studiosā€. (Yes, I know the usernames donā€™t add up, it wouldnā€™t let me sign in from my other account.) I am a new, yet decent programmer, have an interest in graphic design and I am constantly getting better.

Hey everyone! Iā€™m KieranIsADev, a developer of 3 years based in the United Kingdom. I have been a member of the developer forums for just over a month now and I thought Iā€™d introduce myself. I hope you enjoy my reply I guess.

1. How did you find Roblox?

I found Roblox in about 2016 from a YouTube video - I think it was by DanTDM.

1. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I got started by realizing I had Roblox Studio. I started to put free models into generated terrain and learned from there.

1. Current goals/achievements on the platform

-Acheived over 3,000 RAP
-Created over 60 places
-Recieved 400+ followers
-Had over 10 likes on one of my posts

1. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

I am a builder who also tries to do UI Design and scripting. I can also create GFX.

1. Anything else you would like to include

Iā€™m really glad to be a part of this community. Iā€™ve befriended so many people along the way such as @Fallen2D and @Svmiyy. Thanks for your support!

1 Like

whatā€™s good bro gamers i finally made it in the forums les gooo. im defintly a pro gamer end hav3 been using the dev forum for a whil now befor i mad it inb. i joined roblock in 2013 so me dfefintely a vataren111!!

Jokes aside, Iā€™ll probably look back on this post someday and Iā€™ll see how far Iā€™ve come.

1 Like

Hello Iā€™m Dan Iā€™m new and Iā€™m trying to get into using blender, i have a phew projects done but nothing too big and Iā€™m considering checking out GFX but Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™m hoping to help in the developer community as I want to experiment with different styles of building and grow with the community.

Hello, nice to meet you all, I go by the name SpaceHex and I am a programmer/3D Modeler who has switched in between roblox, unity and unreal engine continuously over the past 4 years.

1. How did you find Roblox?

I initially joined roblox in 2007 on a different account then proceeded to make this account later in 2011 after seeing some ads.

1. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I used to create worlds and play them, I never clicked on the edit button but the day I did I pretty much discovered a whole different side to roblox that I had never known about. I continuously like to expand my knowledge and gain more skills within this community.

1. Current goals/achievements on the platform

Been playing roblox for over a decade ;-;
Learned multiple skills such as gfx, modelling, scripting and animation.

1. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

Mostly Programmer/3D Modeler, but Progammer is more dominant.

1. Anything else you would like to include

Looking forward to learning more, meeting new people, and becoming an active part of this community!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I am Lyv and I just got in the DevForum, here are some things about me.

I found Roblox via the youtube account stampylonghead.

I got started in development by wanting to make a tycoon, and once I got a computer a year ago.

My goals are basically just getting some money from GFX, and thatā€™s it.

I am a GFX designer.