Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello! I’m Cubifxrm aka Bryan! I’m a builder and programmer. I’ve been on the Roblox platform for a while now (a long while) and I started developing in 2010. I found the platform from a friend who told me all about it, which at the time we were kids, so we loved to play games on the computer. We would play for hours, build new games, and we would share it with the other users. It was awesome at the time, and it still is! A lot has changed, that’s for sure. It’s amazing what people can build nowadays, and someday I wish to achieve that and provide entertaining content for players to enjoy and possibly relate to. I also wish to be a QA Tester someday, as well as be a part of this UGC program so I can make accessories for users to pimp out their avatar. This platform brings a lot of memories when I’m online. Sadly, a lot of my friends were either hacked, or never contacted me back. Ever. I’m looking to make new friends and build healthy relationships with other developers or individuals. Well, I think that’s all you really need to know about me and my bond with Roblox, I’ll see you fellow developers around sometime. :smiley:

Hello, I’m UntoldWar. I’m looking to get into Roblox development. I want to improve my building skills and learn to program. I’m new to building, and know nothing about lua.
I’m sure I can learn a lot here.

Hey! I’m new here and excited to be a part of this community!

I’m Xylobit and I joined in 2015. I’ve been programming for several years now, mostly with Unity3D and coming from Java and C# so this is going to be a big change in development. I also do a bit of work with vector editing in Illustrator occasionally. I hope to put my ideas into a presentable form that people can have fun with and enjoy. I look forward to developing alongside you! :slight_smile:

Hi! I am Overglocked. I just became a member a few minutes ago and decided to make a post here. I’ve been on roblox for almost 5 years now. I first found out about it from a friend of mine who showed me it (not sure how he found it though). I am not exactly sure how I got interested in development but I certainly want to be a developer. I am not very good at developing yet since I haven’t even made a proper game yet and there is a lot I don’t know about developing on roblox. I am still learning how to script and I hope I can become a builder too. I am sure that once I get everything about development sorted out, I will be a big help here. Alright that’s all I have to say, so thanks for reading this!

Hi! I’m Noctarius aka Matt!

I found Roblox when I was nine years old when my sister told me that some of her friends were playing this game called Roblox. So I downloaded it on my old Amazon Fire Kindle.

I got started with development on the Roblox platform by using my grandmas old Windows 7 laptop. From there started my first creation, (FFA) Battlelands Battle Royale [Full realease]. Link here: (FFA) Battlelands Battle Royale [Full realease] - Roblox

My current goal is to be well known as a great developer/person in the developing community of Roblox! <3

I’m a 3D modeler.

I’m a Christian, and I’m a very chill and friendly person! Thanks for reading! :upside_down_face:

That’s great! Keep Going! :smiley:

Haha, got you!

Hello everyone! I am recently new to Roblox developing, as you may have imagined since I am posting here. I have been playing Roblox since I was a little kid and just starting trying to get involved in developing games! I would greatly enjoy getting feedback and working with many of you in the near future! I would say I am better at building and I have some experience with scripting. :smiley:

I found roblox on a youtube video, I was then playing it with phone at 5 years old. Now I am 14 years old.
I wanted to make game like I would do it, and interested in translation on english to finnish. Now I am localizer and game designer. The roblox platform has been very kind for me and now when I got member, I am very happy. Waiting for ranking up again!

Hello fellow robloxians!

I’m FrostbiteDev and after almost a year as a visitor and a solid 2 weeks of browsing the DevForum regularly, I finally ranked up to a Member!

Although I’m usually found playing on ROBLOX, I’m also a small developer with big ideas (both for the platform and myself!) I am not a very talented scripter, but I’m a decent builder and a fast learner too who is willing to work alone for most projects on Studio!

Currently working on secret project :smirk:

On the DevForum, except talking about scripting & building, I will be giving ideas on how the platform can be improved & opinions about the new updates ROBLOX leads towards us!

I also spilt water on the computer and hurt my thumb writing this, pogs amirite?

1 Like

I joined Roblox in 2016 due to a friend introducing me to the game. I used to just play games, but this year I’ve been becoming interested with developing. I hope to learn building, modeling and maybe even scripting and create a game that ends up on the front page of Roblox.

I am a very new developer. I am still learning some basic scripting and building. I am working on a game, but that game is just experimenting with what I can do. It is not really going to be a fun game. I am thinking of some real game ideas now.
I can’t say i am a Programmer or a Builder or something else, because I don’t know yet. I’m still finding out what I am best at and what I find most fun to do.

Well I’m sure my story is different than most on this forum. I discovered it through my kids playing it and asking me to play with them.

My 7 year old son idolizes developers and asked me if I could make a game. I told him I would try.

I’ve been trying to learn a rounded skill set that includes some modeling including with Blender, some animation, graphics/art, UI, design and scripting. My biggest area that needs work is scripting but I’m self teaching I often hire people to work with me when I need help. Lately I’ve become a lot more involved in open source so that I can learn from the way other’s code. This has had some mixed results so far but I’m hopeful.

I guess I would be more of a designer at this point working my way towards Programmer probably the most difficult way possible.

As I said above, I’m a father just trying to build games my kids will play and be proud of. I often need a lot of help because I want to make progress as I learn and I also happen to work full time and raise my children. That said I am always looking for people to work with me, especially ones who will teach as well.

1 Like

I was on my tablet, in 2016, then I found a game called Roblox, then I played and I liked it then I started to play it.

When I installed Roblox on mine PC I found out Roblox Studio, I use it just for fun, but then I started to do things and then I start to work on friends games. And now I do some things on the platform.

I wanted to be good on scripting.

I like build, but I dont have any good ideas then Im doing nothing in the moment.

I started to play Roblox in 2016, but in 2019 my account got hacked now I’m with that new acount.
I already got mine first account back but I dont use it anymore.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Ludovicius. I joined Roblox around 2 years ago and started development around a month ago but I started programming website’s around 4/5 years ago. My goal is to improve my game development.

I’m looking forward to be a part of the Roblox Development Community!

Yay. At long last I have access to the Dev Forum
My son created the profile EmilyGaming9081 for me in 2018 so we could play games and do a bit of coding together. Unfortunately, he made me a 3 year old, so I could only ever read the DevForum, never participate.
Now that my coding has improved massively and questions aren’t so easily answered by a quick search alg, I really wanted access on here, so BadDad2004 was born

I have several creations which have been developed over time (all under EmilyGaming9081):

Admin Chaos - A silly map with lots of interactive components scattered around the place. Also has a simple GUI for HDAdmin commands

Surfs Up - A more ambitious round based game using terrain. Jump the waves, collect the coins, try not to die.

Atomic Bomberman - A not-so faithful recreation of a 90’s classic. The original doesn’t work on Win10 now, so I thought I would recreate it on Roblox platform

I am an amateur as far as game art, GUI & world design goes. Coding seems to be my forte.

Hello, I’m Deluxe, Deluxe the translator.

1. How did you find Roblox?
I found Roblox from my brother. He was addicted to a game I don’t remember, and then he asked me to play with him. I have gone addicted to that game and then moved on to other games as my brother quit after 3 or 2 months after.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I started translating a few years ago. I desired this assignment because I know everyone deserves to play as much quality as they want. I love composing and writing a lot, which made me think of being a translator of Roblox.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
My best thought of a goal is to make everyone satisfied with what they understand and what they know, no matter what language it is.

4. What is your role in the developer community?
As said already, I’m a high-quality translator. I worked in lots of translations.
I love it, and I will continue doing it.

5. Anything else you would like to include?
Yes, I would like to include that I’m happy to be a member of the dev forum, from the core of my heart.

Hello Everyone, I have received my invitation to the Dev Forums today so here we go!

I hope that I can learn something from the forums and that I can hopefully help some other people too, I am fairly new to Roblox, I Joined back in 10/18/2017 I found Roblox from a friend that said to put my coding skills to use, once I started I could not stop, I wanted to know everything there is to know and make a game people can enjoy, I started development on the Roblox platform in 2018 but have learnt a lot since then, I am a Programmer and UI designer and I hope to learn a lot more from the forums and Roblox in general, Hopefully one day I will have a successful game, but only time will tell, Thanks to the Dev Relations for accepting me into this platform and I hope to help others out on their problems and hopefully get a few of my questions answered! Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, and I am hoping to help people out with their problems in the future!

hi i’m ismadsen
and this is my frist message.

I like making games and play games

1. How did you find Roblox?
    the way i found roblox was cuz i saw a friend play it and i thought it looked exiting
    after 2 days i made this account

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    i thinked it would be cool to make a game (i still think that)
    i started off with trying to making a Racing game but that was too hard
    so i quitted. so i started trying 2 new projects
    and then i gave up
    2 years later i came back
    and i realized how lua worked and now i enjoy programing

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    complete my game i’ll keep a sceret for now

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Programmer

i hopethis answer some of you questions

wow i spent a long time on the frist 2 topics

Nice to finally be a new member! I found Roblox years ago because of my son who has been playing Roblox for several years. He mentioned the Roblox Studio and I started working in it since I am a full stack .net developer in my day job.

My current goals are just to continue learning the Roblox API and help others with scripting. I guess I would call myself a Programmer in Roblox, but I have attempted to build games, rigs, animations, and everything within the game.

I’m always interested in making scripts more generic, or finding better ways to accomplish scripting tasks. I am open to assisting in anyway I can, so please feel free to friend or message me.

I found Roblox from a friend a few years back. It started off as simply playing the games, then I was introduced to the idea of making them as well.
Before developing in Studio, I actually did a bit of developing in Scratch. Upon learning that I have the ability to do something even better here, I switched to learning the ways of Roblox Studio (still am learning).
Current goals? Trying to become a Jack of all trades, and having some understanding/skill in each possible field of development, from GFX to scripting.
Currently I would say I’m more of a builder/scripter.

Me and importing meshes into Studio currently do not agree, am working on it.