Introduction thread for new forum members

Hey everybody!

My name is CaptainKF! I first joined Roblox in 2007 and enjoyed a lot of front-page success with a really simple game called WWII: Kasserine Pass! I really grew up with Roblox, making lots of other games (none quite so successful as Kasserine Pass but always a little better than the last) and eventually got distracted by other things in High School. Came back a couple years ago in 2018 to check in with things and WOW the Roblox community has grown! I’ve been a little on and off with the site since coming back, but I’ve been putting in quite a bit of work lately on two projects: Ace Pilot and Road to Victory (Which also had some success back in 2008). I’m amazed at all you guys have accomplished on Roblox and can’t wait to get to be a part of everything here on the Dev Forum!

1. How did you find Roblox?
    I found roblox around 2015-2016, I believe my brother showed it to me, I only played a little but around 2017, MY FAV GAME EVER!
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    Around 2019, I started to notice, these games are not made by Roblox, the community,as soon as I noticed that, I started making games!
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    My dream is to reach over 100k-1mil visits on any game ever! I also want to attend RDC, that has been my dream! I would also like to work at Roblox some day!
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I am currently a Builder, I am getting into Programming and UI Design!
  5. Anything else you would like to include
    I love Roblox itself! I love to do everything on it, ever since I got in the dev forum, I have never left it since!

I’ll answer all the questions because why not!

I used to play as a guest when very young, then I completely forgot of the game, till 3 years ago when my brother made an account and after spending 2 years on that account, decided to make one of my own.

I stayed watching lots of tutorials on youtube and thought I can try it out. Later on I consulted regularly the DevHub and I finally get to use this too.

Providing ROBLOX with excellent ideas for the future and getting some games of my own on the front pages and potentially win a bloxy! I mean who wouldn’t want one of those :wink: I also aim to also make real money out of the games through the DevEx portal.

A game designer who works solo to provide the best for this platform!

Nothing much, but I’m thrilled to finally be a part of this community and to finally spread my word with those who could understand best! :roblox: :roblox_light:

Hello,

I’m Not_Recognized. I’ve been playing Roblox since 2016 on multiple alt accounts. During these past years i’ve been actively working on games as a builder to provide heart touching games to the community. I’ve been passionated with emotional games and i wanted to share my passion with other’s so i started creating maps that would evoke emotions in the players.

I’m thankful to be able to have access to this amazing community and i’m looking forward to be part of it.

I found roblox when a bunch of my friends start ed talking about it at lunch. I also got into roblox development whetn I played a bunch of fun games of which I started to teach myself Lua. Some current goals I have is to make a quality game for roblox players to enjoy. My role in the community is a programmer. I hope all you guys have a wonderful day.

Hey! I’m Ill91, a Dev Forum member and a user since 2015.

My friend introduced me to ROBLOX at a public library in the December of the aforementioned year.
I started developing in 2019 with making stuff that I made, not just free models, with my new group WRTA.
My current goals on this platform is to grow a supportive community and great fanbase.
I am an advanced builder & GFX artist and beginner in programming.
Nope, that’s all, thanks for viewing.

I started playing roblox at around 2014 with other accounts. I only started development a year or so ago, but I haven’t been doing much.
I started when I saw these games like Innovation labs and Super Doomspire.
I’m currently working on a few games at once. I’m better at building than scripting. In fact, I barely know how to script!
I like to build. I can build a few simple things, only around 1 or 2 free models. I actively use plugins like gapfill, f3x, resizealign and moon animator.
Other than that, I have nothing to say.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

It truly is an honor to be able to join the rest of the dev community! As a scripter, I intend on assisting those in-need of help, so feel free to get in-touch with me if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi im new to the Forums, Im still learning all the Rules and Functions of the forums.
Hopefully I can meet new people here!

1: I found ROBLOX through a YouTube ad back in 2011, I started playing some games and was hooked. I only recently started getting into the development aspect of ROBLOX.
2: My first development experience was when I took over my friend’s group called Canada Army 1940’s. It was a large undertaking that actually was going well for a bit, until activity died off.
3: My current goal is to grow my hotel and expand to multiple other types of groups, all based off of the “Beverly” name. I will own a Cafe, Studio, and a Hotel all under “Beverly Incorporated”.
4: I am mainly a builder, but am currently trying to teach myself how to script.
5: I love this platform and I hope I get somewhere in it.

1. I found roblox when I was boring
  2. I started at year 2018
  3. I’m working on a game so my goal is complete that game
  4. I’m scripter (aka programmer)
  5. Nothing
1 Like

Heyo! My name is Sakura (my online name) and I am a GFX Artist! I first found Roblox when I was little, I think I found it in 2015, but used a guest account. Anyway, I actually have only started Development in the last year or so, making me not the best but not the worst. For the future, I want to make my own game, with advanced scripting and some great building. I want to make it a Fairytale/Adventure type of game too, that’d be awesome! As I’ve previously stated, I am a GFX Artist but I’m hoping to start building and scripting games too. Finally, I just wanted to say thank you to the Roblox Community! Everyone is so nice here and I hope I can fit in! Thank you! :black_heart:

1 Like
  1. How did you find Roblox?
    Well, when I first entered Roblox (2017) I found it as a form of entertainment. As time went by I came across good games and asked myself … How do they make those games so beautiful? and there I discovered Roblox Studio.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I started doing small constructions for projects that I had. A fighting game, etc …

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I discovered a platform full of people who have many talents just like me.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I am being a Builder. Especially for projects that I have to develop.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    I am developing a horror game called “Demonized Bodies”. And I would love for people to help me in my project

2 Likes

I am kartieboy45urp and have been part of the Roblox community for about 8 years now.

1. I found Roblox because 2 of my friends played at that time.

2. I started on development in the summer of this year when I wanted to work on a game idea I had thought of a few years ago.

3. I hope to achieve my game becoming successful on roblox and perhaps one day win a bloxy award.

4. My role is mainly a scripter/builder though I have some experience with GFX and UI Designing.

5. Nope that is all. I am just grateful to be on Roblox.

Hello everyone! Im THEREALCQUICKSCOPER and happy to finally be here.
I found roblox at the age of 9, and at the start it only was a form of entertainment.
At a more responsible age, i found out about RoAviation, a branch dedicated to aviation, for me it was awesome, and i wanted to take a part of it. At the start everything looked hard and my first creation were terrible. But after some practice things started to get better and better.
My goal is simply to get better everyday, and maybe one day, i would even win a bloxy award.
Im an expirienced builder and a novice programmer.
I have so many projects that i want to make: A roleplay about modern Russia, the replica of the Moscow Metro, and so much more!

2 Likes

Hey Developers!

I’m luaGared, a 13-year-old gameplay programmer from a small South American country called “Guyana”. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a computer enthusiast and when I discovered Roblox (about 4 years ago) I couldn’t believe I missed out on such an immerse platform, it wasn’t until 3 years later that I discovered I can make my own Roblox games and that’s when I had to choose which path I wanted to go down, I chose to program and have loved it ever since. I hope my addition will be a great one!

Thank you for accepting me into the DevForum!

Sincerely, luaGared

2 Likes

Hi, happy to be accepted :grinning:. I’m a scripter, been at it for about 2 weeks but it’s not been too steep a learning curve because I’ve dealt with Python before, so the basic basic knowledge was already there. I’m just trying to earn enough money to not have to bother my parents too much during uni so I’ll be freelancing a lot I guess, making my own front page sounds like a tough task to mix in with A-levels… yeah, that’s about it for me lol, have a nice day :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hello, I have been in the DevForum for a while but I haven’t formally introduced my self.
I am a scripter that Does tutorials here and there I like learning new things about scripting and If I feel like the community wants to know and doesn’t I will tell them.
I am a small dev with about like less than 17k visits.
Yeah and that’s it if you have any questions just ask me.

Greetings! First of all it’s amazing to be part of this amazing community!

Alright and now a bit about me:

I’m Niestrat99, a German guy who is currently learning the programming language Lua and Java - I’m currently learning more Lua than the other one though.

I found out about Roblox through Youtube videos back in the days where there weren’t Rthro characters yet.

When I used Roblox Studio the first time I felt like making a little world where you could drive some race cars on a little race track. Back then I didn’t know anything about scripting or programming in general. Later on I started getting interested in learning Java first and then a few months later I started learning how to Script in Roblox studio using AlvinBlox’s tutorial series.

My current goals of this platform is to make a fun racing game with items, tons of customization and such. It’ll be a long way but I’m sure that I’ll be able to reach this goal someday!

I can’t quite tell in which role I should put myself in but I like to script, build and make GFX!

Lastly it’s an honor to be accepted into the Developer Forum and I hope to be able to help as much as I can!

Hello I am v_ile, as my username says.

I found Roblox a long time ago on some advertisement in 2007 or 2008. I played various games and had fun. I eventually made an account in 2012 and made my current one in 2015. I got involved with game development when my friend said I should build in Roblox because I am good at building in other games.
My end all goal is to have a front page game like most other people, however my current goal that I am steadily working towards is making a complete and fully functional game. My role in the development community is currently being a builder, but I do play several different instruments, and I know how to program in Java, so I can do a few different things.
If you read this far, thank you. I will catch ya’ll later.

1 Like