Introduction thread for new forum members

Greetings! First of all it’s amazing to be part of this amazing community!

Alright and now a bit about me:

I’m Niestrat99, a German guy who is currently learning the programming language Lua and Java - I’m currently learning more Lua than the other one though.

I found out about Roblox through Youtube videos back in the days where there weren’t Rthro characters yet.

When I used Roblox Studio the first time I felt like making a little world where you could drive some race cars on a little race track. Back then I didn’t know anything about scripting or programming in general. Later on I started getting interested in learning Java first and then a few months later I started learning how to Script in Roblox studio using AlvinBlox’s tutorial series.

My current goals of this platform is to make a fun racing game with items, tons of customization and such. It’ll be a long way but I’m sure that I’ll be able to reach this goal someday!

I can’t quite tell in which role I should put myself in but I like to script, build and make GFX!

Lastly it’s an honor to be accepted into the Developer Forum and I hope to be able to help as much as I can!

Hello I am v_ile, as my username says.

I found Roblox a long time ago on some advertisement in 2007 or 2008. I played various games and had fun. I eventually made an account in 2012 and made my current one in 2015. I got involved with game development when my friend said I should build in Roblox because I am good at building in other games.
My end all goal is to have a front page game like most other people, however my current goal that I am steadily working towards is making a complete and fully functional game. My role in the development community is currently being a builder, but I do play several different instruments, and I know how to program in Java, so I can do a few different things.
If you read this far, thank you. I will catch ya’ll later.

1 Like

Hello, my name is CroatianPlays, I am Roblox builder, I worked on some games (🏹🎯 Bow Simulator - Roblox) But recently I am focusing on my own Development group, along with that I own a small youtube channel with 10,000 Subscribers!
(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyHTaG0LmNAGoZ2oRfM9FVw)

3 Likes

I found Roblox from my sister showing me it and she had fun! So I figured I would give it a try in 2017 on my alt account. I started development today actually, and I’m having fun figuring it out! I’m currently making a tiny house or cabin sort of thing. My goal for the house I’m making is to try and get a creative name, and have people enjoy it. My role would be Builder.

Did you purposely spell wrong?

Hi
I am not sure how I found Roblox but I think it was on youtube or App Store in 2018

Greetings, I’m DominoContributing, and I specialize and focus on building currently as for developing.

Apparently made an account for the DevForums two years back, but just earned member recently (which was rough getting in) so I might as well make this introduction post.

Roblox has been a childhood game to me after hearing some word about it several years back, so I’ve been on the platform for quite a while now. Got started with development as part of long-term curiosity on how these games work, but mainly focused on the building aspect of it with detailing and all.

Overall goals at the moment is to work on mesh modeling and finding better building techniques that can be used in the future. Working on learning more on the programming aspect could be another thing, I think this forum could be a decent source for help if it’s needed. :+1:

I’m someone who really likes to get on the creative side. I like building/creating projects, making sketch art, and composing music as well as playing the piano.

Anyways, hoping that I get more engaged here on these devforums, and hope that the statement ages well.

1 Like

I found Roblox when I was looking for fun games to play so I would not be so bored. I got started with development by scripting basic things and reading the API reference. My current goals are to make a game on the front page and to become an expert at scripting. Currently, my role in the developer community is a programmer. Overall, I am excited to be part of this community.

1 Like

Hello Everyone! I found ROBLOX way back when around 2008 or earlier. I started developing by messing around with studio and eventually became interested in making my own games and environments from scratch. When I first started my internet was so bad I could not reliably play multiplayer so studio became a go to sandbox for me at the time.

Currently I am working with a group of friends on various projects under Terminal Studios and hope to be able to show everyone what we have been working on soon. I have participated in various contests in the past as well and made a number of showcases that became decently popular. Primarily my role would be Builder as that is my favorite thing to work on though I also work on GFX etc. and I also work on meshes using other programs quite frequently.

If your interested in our groups projects and want to see a cool space station test environment you can go here to our groups Portfolio place!

https://www.roblox.com/games/5162595436/Terminal-Studios-Portfolio-Portal?refPageId=ede93abe-6b2f-4127-bf55-cb3ab66df225

2 Likes
  1. A relative
  2. Mainly because I had the opportunity to meet some big developers.
  3. To create a successful ROBLOX game and help my friends with development.
  4. I am a builder (somewhat good) I am getting into UI Designing and Learning scripting.
  5. I never knew I would get to be a member of this community, but now I am!

1. How did you find Roblox?

I originally found Roblox through YouTube. I originally became a regular when I started playing a game called “Prison Life v2.0” which used to be the #1 game on Roblox. Yes, I have played Roblox for long enough to know the days before Jailbreak and Adopt Me took over the front page.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I was quite bored in quarantine this year and decided that I wanted to actually use all of my extra time productively. I learned how to do basic scripting by watching Alvinblox tutorials and eventually picking up on things and concepts used in the tutorials. After about 2 months of scripting, I have outgrown the tutorials and have moved on to getting help from the official Roblox API reference and DevForums which finally allowed me to post things.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform

Right now, I am simply just trying to make a decent first game. I will be releasing a beta build for a game called “Trigger Finger”; I think it will be out by mid July. My goal is simply for the game to get 1000 visits to cement my place as an emerging Roblox developer.

4. What is your role in the developer community?

I can perform any role in creating a Roblox game to a level of an amateur but I prefer scripting the most. Modeling is very time consuming for me and it is generally something I don’t like doing. I am not very concentrated on graphical effects as I simply want minimalism and don’t want to get over the top with myself.

5. Anything else you would like to include

I would like to see if there are any intermediate concepts I should really learn. Feel free to leave them in the replies!

1 Like

Hello, I am CedricPlayzRobloxYT (weird name i know) but call me Cedric. I’ve just started developing and I hope to do great stuff within this community. I don’t really have achievements but my goal is to bring my game to the front page and make my players enjoy. I’m a builder and a modeler. Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

1 Like

Hello!

My name is Xontez and am mostly known for making GFX, Game Icons, Game Thumbnails, and UI Designing! I also am pretty good at scripting and it feels great to be a part of this community.

1. My son wanted to play Roblox so I started playing it to check out the platform first. And now we play it together loads, and now my daughter has just started also…
  1. I’ve been a software dev for years, mostly .NET so I thought it would be cool to make a game my kids can play in Roblox so now I’m learning Lua.
  1. I’m currently just trying to finish my first game :slight_smile:
  1. I’m sole developer, builder, designer etc… but my core skills are development.
  1. Thanks for reading, I’m really hoping to get some advice on the Lua side of things and just how the whole scripting of Roblox games hangs together and what can and can’t be done client/server side and how you know whether you are on the server or client-side. I’ve done tons of web development and found the client/server split pretty easy to pick up but I’m really struggling with Roblox for some reason :frowning: I think it might be because it’s all the same language both server and client… but anyway, it’s all good fun! thanks, see you around
2 Likes

Hi, I am new to the devforum. it’s been my dream to become a member in this forum. i’ve been trying to get in a long time ago. it’s been an honor to be accepted into the forum

i am aymane1go, i’ve been in roblox for about 5 years. i discovered it in youtube, i don’t really remember wich youtuber it is. i got started in developing by building, then later on i switched to scripting. my current goals is to realese a game with my team. as i said eirlier, i am the scripter on the team.

1 Like
  1. I found roblox from a few friends of mine a while back when I was a kid
  2. I started when I found out the create tab on the roblox website and immediately fell in love with it.
  3. I want to make a game for alot of people to enjoy
  4. I am a builder
  5. Nothing else
1 Like

Hell, I’m ION_O, but my friends refer to me as Ion.

I have been on this platform for about 7 years, and started developing around 6 years ago. It wasn’t until the upcoming years where I started to become professional and show a certain style to my work.

As of today, I am taking my first steps into becoming a member of the Roblox Development Community, and this is what I have been hoping to do from the start.

It’s great to see you all here and I hope to see you all active on the forms,

☬ | ION_O

In 2016, My cousin showed me a game on ‘ROBLOX’ on his phone, I thought it was pretty cool that people made games and paosted them in a big game, instead of just 1 simple game. So I decided to join. I started coding in C# and realised that I can start making games that now I’m good at c# lua wont be too hard, so I went on learned lua and now im here! As a game developer on ROBLOX. My goal is to make 1 page and make it last on the front page for at least a single day, or to just make a game and get at least 100 active/current players for a few days straight! In this community, I have joined as a Programmer/Scripter mainly because I find it cool that you can just tell a computer what to do with a set of instructions and it will do just that. I wish everyone good luck and that they leave a mark on the community and create awesome games! Good Luck everyone!

Hello, my name is Mashup_Layerz (you may refer to me as Mash or Quad if you please) and I like making models and I’m good at drawing! The first time I’ve discovered Roblox is when my older brother showed me on his computer. Not much else but I wish I want to become an artist soon. Thanks you reading and I hope you have a nice day!

1 Like

Hello, I’m new here to the developer forum, and it feels great to finally be here.

I’ve been on Roblox for about 4 years now and I’m currently 16 years old, meaning I joined when I was 12 years old. About a year into playing Roblox I joined the anime Roblox game community and have been with it for 3 years. I began modeling early 2019, and although I feel pleased with my work, which led me here to get better criticism on my work.

P.S. I’ve mainly do low-medium poly weapon models, still practicing.

1 Like