Introduction thread for new forum members

It is very much appreciated to be accepted as a Member. It’s been some time for me trying to obtain this rank but I finally am able to be more involved in the community!

My username is Aesorial and I started playing Roblox in 2014 while I was watching youtubers playing this game. However, I only begun developing in 2016 and put my focus towards the building aspect of development. Though, I do have some knowledge on 3D Modeling and Scripting, they are too novice to consider myself a developer in those categories. My goal is to improve my skills in Building and potentially 3D Modeling and Scripting too. I’m exciting to work on any future projects I am involved with and I appreciate the opportunity to do so through the Roblox Devloper Forum.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Haxicle. I found Roblox in late 2012 after my cousin showed my brother the game who in turn showed me. Ever since then, I’ve been obsessed with the platform and the variety of games it includes. Throughout my whole “gaming career” I’ve always thought to myself “I wish this game would add this, or I wish this game would add that,” but I could never get in touch with developers so those things were never added. However, more recently I started thinking, what if I tried creating a game? Thus, I started learning to script using CKStudio+ among other resources and honestly really like it. However, I’m still pretty new and have a lot more to learn.
I would say I have a few goals on Roblox. My first would to see what I can do and what I can create through coding. Then, my second would probably be to be able to make a career out of this, which I’m sure is difficult, but seems like a dream job to me. Lastly, my main goal is to have fun, whether I’m playing a game or trying to make a game.
If it isn’t clear by my previous statement, I do think I will focus on programming, but I am trying to learn other skills just to see what it’s like and get some experience. I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully eventually helping others learn!

2 Likes

Hey there! I’m Bestinhop23 and I’m a UI Designer and Scripter. It’s really nice to see Roblox creating a community for and by Developers.

2 Likes

Hello there, gamers.
I’m Wellington, and uhm, I’m also new to the forum.
Well not exactly, I’ve been here for a full month, but you know, you can’t reply to posts unless you’re a member +.

Anyways, thanks for the opportunity. I’ll make sure to make the greatest out of my time.

Sayonara,
iiWxllington.

2 Likes

Hello there!

I’ve been on Roblox for quite a few years now and decided to get into the development side of this platform.

I’m mostly a GFX designer, but I also script and build (not that experienced whatsoever). I am that kind of person who’s always seeking to improve on multiple things and is not scared of challenges and that’s what I’m looking for here at DevForum.

2 Likes

Hello, My name is ReaperNexcon.

I found Roblox way back in the day when my friend used to play it. Then I was younger and was very new to the Roblox community. I joined on my account minlegoe and just enjoyed Roblox. Then later on around 2 - 3 years later I started taking an interest in coding and the development community. Making my first unfinished game Clash of Castles. (Never Finished) Then I thought about it and wanted to start a new path and a new way. And let my brother use my minlegoe account so I can start a new. A Development one. Where I spent most of my team learning about coding. Then I got a position at a Group called |BA| -British Army- Owned by ReaperAaron. Before I used to be known as Vexcon1. Then later I joined The Reaper Family and became ReaperNexcon. I never imagined my life would change on such a huge scale from a small project to an entire army with over 200K+ members. I’m Currently a GFX Animator and a Programmer. And for any new developers. I wish them luck on their journey as I believe mines just started.

1 Like

Hello, I am Mashiusam, real name Kaan.

I’m new to here but old to ROBLOX. I joined on 2010, although I lost access to that account and despite my greatest efforts, I could not get it back. My first programming experiences started with ROBLOX. Today, I am having a great academic success as a Computer Engineering undergraduate student. I love this game and all that it contributed to my childhood and sparked my interest in programming. Having recently started to pursue a hobby and an internship in game development, I decided to give ROBLOX a try once again and develop a game. I am finding the platform to be nothing short of amazing, in fact wondering how I am going to get back into other engines after I am done with my project. I have a goal of finishing the project I have been working on for two months, it is very close to an alpha release and I am very proud to be a part of this community. During these two months, this forum has helped me out an uncountable number of times. I dream that my game will be a success, with the definition of that being an enjoyable game that many people will play and love. I worked on my project solo, with a bit of game development experience before, which means I am at least decent at all areas, but obviously I am a programmer by heart and that is where I excel. See you all around.

Thank you for reading!

2 Likes

Hello all! I’m Va_ue, an aspiring roblox developer! I’ve been on roblox since 2014 (on multiple different accounts). Roblox has always been one of those games for me that makes me come back every time I think I’m ready to quit. I first got started with development about 4 months ago when this Covid-19 pandemic hit my home country. I had a lot of time on my hands and thought Roblox development would become a good hobby for me. I’m working on many projects of my own right now, and I hope to become a well-known developer and person in the roblox community one day. I am mainly a programmer, however I do it all. Ui, Programmer, Builder. Developing on Roblox has introduced me to some amazing people and taught me some very valuable lessons. Thanks for stopping by and reading this! Have a wonderful day/night.

2 Likes

Anyway here is a little bit about me, and my life.

I’m Mark, at the time of writing this reply on the Introduction thread I’m currently 14 years of age.

My birthday is May 7th, I have a passion for anything that is creative or has something to do with technology.

I’m from Ghana, but I live in the United Kingdom with my family, I am the youngest among my other 2 siblings (One is 16 in October, and one is 21 in August) which is quite annoying.

I pretty much spend all my time on my PC (it’s not even a good one) well, when I’m not at school anyway.

I’ll be starting my GCSE’s this September, the subject’s I’ll be pursuing are: Design Technology: Electromechanical Systems, Computer Science, Triple Science & Geography along with the Core Subjects of Maths, English Literature, English Language & Religious Studies, after writing my GCSE Exams I hope to go to sixth form and achieve the required A levels in order to go to a good university and attain a programming degree of some sort.

Anyway, this was pretty long so if you read it in full I appreciate it, and I guess this is the end.

2 Likes

Hello everyone I’m Tactical_Fun and I am so greatful to finally be accepted into the roblox developer forum! I have been playing roblox since 2010 on and off and on different accounts (sadly I lost the password to all of them)

How did you find Roblox?

I first found out about roblox by my friends. Ever since them I have fallen in love with the platform. Many people are really nice and friendly which is one of my favorite things about the roblox platform.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I started with development by working on my friends United States Army. That’s where I found my passion for building on this platform.

Current goals/achievements on the platform
My current goal on this platform is to release my primary project, Eastwood asylum, by the end of the summer.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
I mainly build but I am learning the basics of LUA code and have also great experiences in working on GFX (Graphics), shirts, and UI designs.

2 Likes

Hello! New member here in the Roblox Developer Forum, quite excited actually, :slight_smile:

I found Roblox very interesting at first, I joined in 2015, and I’ve had a blast so far, I’ve contributed to a few tycoons, and one game that I am currently working quite hard on, Tunnel of Doom. It’s been really fun to create levels etc.

I started developing on Roblox when one of my friends made a very interesting tycoon, and I just got straight into it, he made gears, etc it was a blast.

My current achievements for Roblox is to become a very good programmer // builder. Currently I am better at building, so if you need any of that, just send me a DM :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m looking forward to be a programmer, as I already know some basic scripting, I can make a clickable part which makes x block disappear.

I would like to include, that I hope everyone else has an amazing journey, and those becoming Members, have a fun journey on that aswell. Good luck to all you members, and peace out :wave:

2 Likes

Hey! I am Levitate, I found Roblox a few years ago and was just surprised about how creative and how many possibilities and different games I could experience with it, a year or so later I was already developing on the Roblox platform of course the games weren’t that good and sooner or later I discovered that the thing I enjoyed most doing was developing scripts and programming on the platform, because I never really liked building, animating or modeling that much so that’s what I did I started learning Lua and programming on the platform, I took a little break from programming but I remembered how fun it was and decided to come back, and this time register on the developer forums so I can help others in the community and also get help from the community when I need it!
From the short amount of time that I’ve been here I can already see how great this community actually is, and how friendly and helpful you all are. I really hope that I can stay in this community and help out everyone!
My goals are to start developing for different studios and groups, and to earn Robux from developing for the studios so I can hopefully one day fund my own studio and make my own games!
I am a programmer/scripter in the developing community.

Anyways, that’s about it, sorry for the terrible way this whole text is written and thanks for reading!

2 Likes

hi hi! im t1ffanyOMG (pretty girly username I know lol) and I have been playing since 2013! you can call me tiff or tiffany~

1. tbh I dont remember… I think I found Roblox thru ads when I was playing flash games

2. when I was little I use to ahem “make” games with free models lol. but when I began my account I only published one out of a few games, but then privated it, but now that I learned to build furniture and more, I may make my own showcase game.

3. artist and a clothes designer!! (although I never published clothes at all since im a free player lol)

glad to be invited in the forums, can’t wait to meet all of you guys c:

2 Likes

Hi, My Name is Sunitopie and I’m new to dev-forum. I found Roblox in late 2015 while watching many YouTubers play. I’m a rookie builder and my goal is to finish my first build and hopefully publish it.

Thank you for letting me become a member to this community. <3

I’m also an illustrator.

3 Likes

Well everyone knows about Roblox :man_shrugging:
Just jumped in and started modelling and building stuff and found it pretty enjoyable.
I would like to experience working semi-professionally as a games developer.
Builder/Modeller

1 Like

Hello, my name is Abhay and I’m also new here. Just wanted to say it’s an honor to be accepted. So here is a bit about me.

I’m a 15-year-old game developer from the United States, I used to make games using the Unity game engine but recently switched to Roblox game development since I saw myself having more potential here. I consider myself a programmer since that’s my strong point.

I hope to collaborate with other developers in the upcoming months. Thank you again for accepting me!

1 Like

Hey I’m KronxGoat, and I’ve been developing stuff for quite awhile now (since 2014),

I’m pretty chill feel free to talk to me. I helped develop a frontpage game back in like january of 2014 or 2015, and I’m currently working on a few projects of my own. Hope to meet a lot of y’all

1 Like

Man, I’ve finally got in. I feel like i’m a real developer now.

Hi, I am Non_Fish I found Roblox through my friends/siblings. I got started with development on Roblox when my brother tried to make it a actually good game. I mean It was not much just a bunch of free models. As a builder, my current goal on this platform is to get recognized by many other Developer/Players. Oh, and I like Milk. You can’t forget about the Milk :milk_glass: :milk_glass: :milk_glass:

1 Like

Hello, I’m Venonum. I’m very happy I was finally accepted into the developer forum! :star_struck:

I discovered Roblox in late 2016 thanks to a friend. I started creating games in late 2017, my first ever game is simply a trash tycoon with ugly buildings and free models lol.

I’m currently working alone on a big Roblox project (I haven’t decided the name yet), it will be a round-based obby game but with anti-gravity and special moveset (sprint, crouch, etc.). I hope it will become a popular game after it is released…

I’m very good at scripting, building and UI design… But I’m not currently for hire, due to a lack of time.

In other words, I’m a simple solo game developer.

1 Like

Hello fellow Developers! I just got accepted as a member in the developer forums! I am genuinely excited about this! My name is Kevin, and I am currently a builder on ROBLOX. I have been building for approximately three days. I recently started and so far it’s been very fun! Check my Twitter if you would like to check out some of my creations. I hope to one day be working with some of you.

1 Like