Introduction thread for new forum members

Hey guys, i’m tim3tokill or otherwise known as Master Tim to some of my close friends and followers out there. Perhaps some of you might of seen and recognized me from the Roblox News and Discuission forum, for my retextures which I tend to make as a hobby, my high amount of engagements on Twitter and groups or for simply being part of The QA Testers of Robloxia group ever since the month it was first created and just basically being a quite old ROBLOX player in general.

In terms of game development, the best I can say is that i’m a professional at retexturing assets (I have over 5,000 retexture sales - literally) and creating short term hangouts for ROBLOX sales and events are my best features since i’m not so much of a good builder nor do I have enough knowledge for scripting. So if you want any retextures to be made or need help in a hangout’s development then you can simply hit me up, and i’ll work out a cheap price as always.

Anyways, I just want to say that i’m finally glad to be part of the forums now because I’ve always felt like I’ve rather been lost in the dark shadows for a long time when it comes to engaging with developers, so I hope that my connection between developers and staff like you will improve as I adapt to using these forums more often.

Speaking of adapting, i’m even skimming through the rules and other forum categories while typing this at the same time!

I’ll eventually get the hang of this thing, and I hope i’ll make a ton of friends here. The amount of maturity, respect, and empathy is way higher here compared to the normal ROBLOX forums so I’d guess that’s a good sign for me :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Hey guys, I’m so glad to be finally with you all.

I’m Aorda, I found roblox.com about seven years ago. For the first five years, I mostly played games and tried to create using the build mode. I also tried so hard to understand how scripting worked.

Two years ago, I finally figured out how the scripts worked (it actually took me five years because of my English level back then) and made a skydiving game. I mostly used free models and scripts in the first version, but the game still got popular. After two months, I made a huge update where I replaced most of the free scripts and models. A couple months later, there was only original content.

It got better and better every month, and when Youtubers played, there were a lot of servers running at the same time, which was a really big success for me. Then I took a step further, activated my own development group and yeah, I’m now with you guys.

I’m looking forward to sending a lot of posts on the feature requests tab. I have a lot of ideas, and finally, I can post them myself instead of asking someone else to do it for me.

Thanks guys!

7 Likes

How did you find Roblox?
I found Roblox in 2011 when a friend pointed me towards
the site.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
At first I enjoyed the creations of others and experiencing the platform
as a game, then I started to wonder, how do these games work?
Then I learn’t that I was more of a programmer than a builder and started
making small scripts in studio then getting my friends to test them out.

Current goals/achievements on the platform
I created my own Admin Commands for my games, I treat this as
an achievement because of the hard work and time I put into it.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
Programmer.

Anything else you would like to include
I hope I will be accepted into the devforum community members
as one of their own and I hope to help others with script related issues.

7 Likes

Hello! I’m new to the DevForum and wanted to introduce myself!

I’m Noxility, I came to Roblox in early 2014 just looking to play some new games, I mostly played Tycoons and Building games when I joined. Mid 2014 I wanted to try and make my own creations, so…I started making games with the Stamper Tools that was all fun until I discovered the actual tools of Roblox Studio! I was hooked on it ever since and have been working at it for 3 years now. August of 2016 I started Programming and have been ever since. :slight_smile:

I have always had the goal of inspiring others to do Game Development ever since I found out about it.

I mainly do Programming, but I love building creating games that run fully on UIs.

I can’t wait to see what the next year of Game Development will be like. Thank you for inviting me into the Forums!

– Noxility

6 Likes

Hello guys! I’m new here to the DevForum.

I’m Drolerina, I joined Roblox in early 2016, I started to play a lot of games on Roblox. One day I decided to try and make my own game. I found out that I really enjoyed making games. Now I’m the lead scripter of a railroad game called; Rails Unlimited. I also occasionally build some things. But I mainly script stuff.

I’m really happy that I got into the DevForum and I can’t wait to share and learn new things here!

5 Likes

Hello everybody! I’m so glad to be here. :smiley:

I joined Roblox on April 8th 2013 on my old account, and Novmeber of 2014 on this one. I’ve always been one to enjoy the concept of building your own games, and it all started getting big when I made games with not_famous. My current goal is to reach 70 million visits, as right now me and not_famous’ group has 65 million+. My role is a Builder, but i’d LOVE to learn to script as I want to move onto bigger projects other then just obbies.

5 Likes

Hey! My name is Blu, and my username is B_Iu. I am slightly new to development here, and would like to thank you for the approval of my application.

Roblox was referred to me by a good friend of mine. Ever since, I have begun to be more involved in the community as I expand the amount of games I play and make friends.

I don’t really have any goals set, other than to get better at building and scripting. The types of games I like to make are Sci Fi type games. I am working on two games at the moment.

I would like to thank you all again, and hope I am a good addition to the Developer Forum!

5 Likes

Hello! I am xChaoticKing and I am looking forward to benefit and grow from here! I found Roblox through an ad. I started my development at around age 10 and of course I used the toolbox as a way to explore roblox studio. Some current goals of mine are to DevEx and hit front page with one of my current on going projects. In the developer community I am a Builder, UI Designer, Improving 3D Modeler, Animator, Music Producer, Clothing Designer and of course all the little things that each skill holds. I am also learning the programming aspect of developing. I look forward to growing as a developer! Thanks.

4 Likes

Super excited to have so many new users here on the forums! Congratulations on being accepted into the basic users program and I can't wait to see what you all create!

Welcome to the Roblox Developer Forum!

4 Likes

Hello DevForum!

Hi! I’m VeryRBLX, or just Very for short, and I’m a new DevForum member! I am a builder and I’m currently learning and improving my UI design. I sure am getting there!

I found Roblox in 2009, back when I was in first grade, my classmate (that’s in the same class as me rn) had showed me New Football Legends, a then extremely popular game. I first had my doubts, but I started to play it anyway, and man was it fun. I went through many accounts and many forgotten passwords, until I just gave up remembering passwords.

On one Thanksgiving day, in the year 2013, I rejoined Roblox under the name of minecraft something (ironic) I played that same game I played 4+ years ago. I was hooked. I kept that account all the way to September 2014, when I was hacked. I remade a new account, the one I’m in DevForums with (this one), on November 14th, 2014, and here I am.

I started “building” back with the stamper tool. I had a lot of fun making weird creations (probably why I was so good at those base building games). I had a creative mind, and little did I know, it’d take me here. I started using Studio in 2015 and I had been using free models. I had fun combining free models and making maps out of them. I kept doing that until around mid-2016 where I had seen all these big games go popular. I wanted to be there. I got discouraged and stopped building. It took me all the way to the day RDC 2017 started where a spark was made. From there, it ignited a flame; a flame that wouldn’t extinguish until my time on Roblox was done. RDC was my motivation. I saw all of my favorite devs there on the stream. I’ve since dreamed of getting to that level. I started building–without free models. It seemed like a challenge at first, but everybody has growing pains. I’ve gotten through those since and I’ve moved on to bigger and better projects. I’ve done things I would’ve never thought was possible at that time. I’m proud of myself.

My dreams, as said before, is to go to RDC and make a game everybody can have fun with. My most recent achievement was getting into DevForums.

As also said before, I am a Builder and a new UI Designer.

Nothing much I want to include except for a picture of current progress I have on that big project I’m working on, an M&T Bank Stadium showcase.

As I normally say to others,

Enjoi!

8 Likes

'Ello, nice to see ya in the devforums.
just a side note, please try not to go off on people or call things “useless” or a “waste”

please don’t hurt me i’m just a poor little… uh… winged-fox-peg-legged-cyborg-armed-guy…?

1 Like

That’s not my type of thing to say, so don’t worry about that, and hi

Hi, I’m Roby. I’m glad to finally be a part of this community!

I found Roblox about 6 years ago in November of 2011. Since then, I’ve had a hobby of creating short films on Roblox. I got started with building games in 2014 when I created my first showcase, Roby’s Room. In 2015, I started to completely redesign the showcase, and it was a great success. My current goal on the platform is to make an active “hangout” place with my upcoming showcase, Thatcherbawk Headquarters. I’ve also helped create a Bloxy finalist action video called BOTLINE.

My role in the developer community is building. I’ve been building since 2014, and it’s been really fun! I’ve gotten into some basic scripting, but nothing too complex yet. I’ve made Roblox videos, too.

You can check out my Twitter account for some #RobloxDev, and my YouTube channel for some cool videos!

https://twitter.com/roboticroby

https://www.youtube.com/c/roboticrobyfilms

6 Likes

Heya, Roby! :smiley:

3 Likes

hello there chipio :eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

thanks man, glad to be here

2 Likes

Welcome! I remember you back in the good ol’ days of 2015 rtc

4 Likes

HELLO FELLOW “Roblox” DEVELOPERS!

Spoiler: I’m French Canadian

I’m Star!
I build, I script (Lua, obv), I design UIs and I can make some little GFX design for my games!

Back in 2013, my cousins introduced me to the platform. They were playing this dragon roleplay game, and it was looking nice! So I decided to try some of the other games at home (as a guest) like “Greenwood town” and “Paintball!”. Then, the first day of 2014: I created my Roblox account. (I’m having some big flashbacks while I’m writing this btw)

One day (early 2014 I believe), one of my cousins showed me this thing, it was called: “Roblox Studio”. I was like: “Can you teach me how to use it, please” And he answered something like:“This is too complicated man, I can’t teach you”. (Note that I didn’t know how to speak English back then) Anyways, a couple of weeks/months after that, there was this new UI revamp update on Roblox Studio, and that’s when I started trying to build something. It was also around that time that I started learning English with Roblox by playing games and talking to random people. It was the real deal.

(Insert bad transition here)
Going to RDC and starting my career/life with the platform is probably one of my main goals.
Getting into the DevForums was a little step closer to achieving my goal.

And as I said a little bit earlier, I build, I script, I design UIs and I can make GFXs.

A big thanks for accepting me in the DevForums!

See ya!

~ @starchip12

9 Likes

Hello. I just joined :slight_smile:

2 Likes