Introduction thread for new forum members

Welcome!!

1 Like

Hi guys! Iā€™m so happy to be with you all!
I joined to the Roblox community back in 2013 and started developing stuff in early 2014

I currently donā€™t have a game of mine, but I have taken place in a lot of group projects. Iā€™m still keeping that up.

5 Likes

I was such a different person in 2015 haha

1 Like

Werenā€™t we all

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hey. I just got accepted in to the devforums, and am so glad to be here.

I found roblox back in 2010 while I was looking for something fun to do on my computer. At the time I had mostly been playing boring flash games on random websites, and wanted something else to do. I specifically remember my first game being a spongebob obby in which you had to do an obby inside of Spongebob. It was weird, but I ended up winning and realized how fun roblox was.

I started developing in about 2012 when my friend started building. She showed me how to build, and from there I flourished. I realized I wasnā€™t the best at building, so in about 2014 I started scripting. I had at the time, already been programming in Python, so I figured it would be worth a try. I ended up being really good at it, and decided to keep on practicing scripting.

My current goal is to make a front page game, and I am making a lot of progress on that front. I wonā€™t reveal any details, but its so far looking very nice and will end up being a very large project. I donā€™t have any plans of reaching this goal soon, but once I do reach it, Iā€™m certain Iā€™ll owe my success to the people of the developer forums.

Iā€™m a pretty advanced scripter, having scripted in lua for 3 1/2 years now. Iā€™ve also been programming for about 5 years, over different languages, from Python to C++. After all this time though, Lua has been my primary go-to, thanks to roblox and its advanced scripting.

Iā€™m really excited to become part of this community, and this has been my dream since I started developing. To become a part of a community of developers, and be able to share my expertise with others. Thank you for taking your time to read my introduction, I hope to become excellent comrades with all of you.

5 Likes

Hello fellow, welcome to the Roblox Developer Forum!

And we're happy to be with you too! Welcome to the forum!

Welcome! I can't wait to see what you create and contribute to while you're here!

Weā€™ve been getting a LOT of new members lately and itā€™s really exciting to see all these great developers becoming a part of the forum!

5 Likes

Hello, and Welcome to the DevForums!!

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Astreastela.

Iā€™m so glad Iā€™m here on the roblox dev forums :smile:

I joined Roblox in 2010 because of an advertisement on a website. The reason why I joined Roblox is so I can make games. I got started making Roblox games by building what ever comes to my mind. I slowly gained knowledge of scripting by making Roblox scripts by using Roblox wiki and taking scripts from free models to study it and improve it. I built and scripted many things. Over the years, Iā€™m improving. I first made my own minigames place with the help of free models in 2011 then again in 2012 - 2013 with less free models, and then again in 2014 - 2016 that takes even less free models but it wasnā€™t filtering enabled and the game code is inefficient. Then I made a squeal to the game in 2016 with filtering enabled with better GUI design and takes advantage of the roblox latest lighting features and the game scripts are more efficient. My role in the developer community is a GUI designer and scripter. My goal is to get my roblox games on the front page whether itā€™s Super Stela Games or some other game I make. Another goal is to attend RDC in person.

Below is the image of the game logo: Super Stela Games, the roblox game Iā€™m working on.

PlaceRebuilder is my big inspiration for being a game developer.

Iā€™m well known in the R2D community for making a game thatā€™s based off of R2D. I play Reason 2 Die Awakening whenever I need to relax for hard work on Roblox and Reason 2 Die Awakening is my favorite game on Roblox.

Outside from Roblox, I made a website using css, php, html, and java script. Iā€™m learning java script in college.

I have a tough life in real life because my parents doesnā€™t like the way I am. I was bullied in high school most of the time during technology related classes. Iā€™m currently in college currently studying computer science and aiming to get a bachelorā€™s degree in computer science. I love college better than high school because thereā€™s no more bullies and more freedom. During my spare time outside from Roblox, I go to a LGBT support group in real life, hang out with friends, watch Youtube videos, use social media apps like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snap Chat.

14 Likes

Hello! Before introducing myself, Iā€™d like to thank you for accepting me in the developer Forum!

My name is AdibH. I am mostly a builder. I know quite a bit of scripting. But building was always my favorite on ROBLOX. I built many different weapons, guns, swords, houses, terrain, maps and natural stuff. I started to build around the mid 2014, when I saw how great the roblox studio was. It was easier to learn, easy to use and moreover it was fun. For now, I am working on the group Black Origami Builders, owned by CanadianDevKelly. Other than that I do solo works for me and others. I would love if anyone needs help with the building parts.

Again, thank you for accepting me. I canā€™t wait to contribute to the forums ! I hope I can be a great asset!

6 Likes

Hi AdibH! Welcome to the roblox developer forum and your story is great!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Roblox Developer Forum!!

2 Likes

Another logo designer? :open_mouth:
Welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks! I really hope I can be a great asset! Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Salutations!
Iā€™m Luke, both designer and scripter.
Happy to say that Iā€™m eager to see how I can help contribute to the platform and to the community. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading and have a nice day. :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the DevForum!

2 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m substratosphere and Iā€™m glad to finally be joining Dev forums :tada:. I discovered Roblox back in 2011 after a recommendation from a friend and quickly got addicted.

Iā€™m a keen #avgeek :airplane: and almost all of my projects have been aviation-related. I used to mainly build things however, my focus has shifted in recent years to programming and designing user interfaces. My biggest success by far has been ā€œVelocity Flight Simulatorā€ which I developed with @FlightLevel and @LiftCoefficient and recently passed half a million visits last month, with it also become one of the top top-paid games of all time! I did the programming and UI design, but I also did some of the modelling so it was a bit of a jack-of-all-trades job.

Weā€™re (@FlightLevel, @LiftCoefficient & myself) have been working on the sequel ā€œarisFS (Aris Flight Simulator)ā€ for a while now and my focus is now entirely on the programming and user interface. Menu preview:

Again, Iā€™m really glad to finally be part of the developer forums and looking forward to contributing. Thanks, and thanks for reading! :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes