Introduction thread for new forum members

Hey! I’m huxan!

I’m just a beginner in devloping for Roblox, there are still so much to learn. My goal is to publish an official game someday. I’m still short on building and I do all sorts of thing:

UI Design (Still developing a lot)

Programming (I can script a little UI and debug some stuff myself

Building (My models are not that detailed so it is still in development)

I just want to say that Roblox has been a really cool platform especially how you can get inspired and build your own games. I hope to see myself being proud of what I made and keep following your dreams!

Hi I am new on the dev forum so I guess I’ll answer those questions

1. Watching YouTube
  2. Just started playing around and trying to make a failed store, I also thought it was cool to make a game :sunglasses:
  3. My goal is to make a game and make it fun and successful
  4. Still trying to learn LUA, a very meh artist, builder, and clothing designer, zero idea on how to do gui’s
  5. I am a procrastinating potato that has limited access to a laptop and no dissy :frowning:

Hi, I am new in this community but not on roblox at all!

1. I found roblox thru my brother about 10 years ago but never got into the community or forums because I didn’t speak english!

2. I used to be in to Unity with C# but from 0 to that is a lot and then I got a Roblox Dev video recommended

3. I am now trying to get good at coding and maybe soon start commisions!

4. My role ATM is mainly Programming

5. HF on the platform

Hello.
I am a new member.
Nice to meet you.

1. How did you find Roblox?
    I am an investor and last year I found the stock of Roblox was increasing.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    Recent years I was looking for tools to play with my kids and teach them.
    I found Roblox is good.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    To develop educational and fun games for my kids and other kids.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Currently I have to do everything.
    However, probably I am better as a designer or builder.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    I am not so good at programming, so I hope I can find a competent programmer
    to cooperate with.

Hi so, I wouldn’t say I’m new to roblox but I’m new to the DevForum. I’m honestly just trying to develop games and funding developers for it.

Current goals - Finding competent developers for this great Idea I have. Hmm, I already found some but would like more.

I found roblox through classmates in school recommending the game to me in 2012-2013 so I decided to give it a go.

I’ve been a programmer since grade school and over the years have gotten experience with many languages and engines. Recently I decided to try my hand at programming roblox and have been really pleased with the experience!

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Do cool stuff for fun

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I am mostly a programmer, though for many of my solo projects I have had to take the builder and animator roles as well.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    I like cheese. It tastes really good.

1 Like

I’m fresh new the most I could do is make bad blender models

I started playing roblox as a guest in late 2015 made an acc in 2016 got hacked and made a new a one in 2017 and now I’m bored and decided to do some stuff in roblox studio

Hi! I am DeveloperAusttm, and I have been developing on roblox since 2019! I am a UI Designer, GFX Artist, Animator, Builder, Game Trailer Designer, and Music Composer! I just got promoted to member, and I am so excited and happy to join the devforum community! Thank you for reading!

1 Like

Who knew he would be a UGC creator?

2 Likes
  1. How did you find Roblox? -
    Primarily through my Son who absolutely loves this game

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? -
    Again, for my son, I wanted to make games that would make him happy :slight_smile:

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform -
    Learn as much development as I can so I can teach my little one.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) - Builder / Programmer

5. Anything else you would like to include -
    Love this community! So helpful and friendly

1 Like
    Older brother’s friend (2012)

Free model destruction game and some scripting

3. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Aspiring programmer

4. Anything else you would like to include
    I want to make a game structured like a traditional console game and worth one’s time

2 Likes

I saw the fun little YouTube video Roblox had posted since my first PC. I had to play.

Edit: Shedletsky posted the video on YouTube haha. (2) Online Social Hangout - ROBLOX - YouTube

I was having so much fun playing Roblox games 10 years ago, I wanted to make them. I begun my journey building things.

I want to make a universally compatible, best-to-my-ability optimized game that has an intuitive mixture of core mechanics that not only makes users enjoy it, but also be immersed in every way the game intends.

I want to be a jack of all trades, I’ve got building down, texturing, modeling, and animation, too. All I need is scripting to be comfortable for right now, but I want to learn as much as I can.

To inspire, and aspire a wonderful community, cheers!

3 Likes
  1. I have found out about Roblox from my friends, they asked me to join Roblox so I joined Roblox and made an account.

2. I started with development on Roblox because I have saw something on my computer that was called Roblox Studio and I did not know what it was so then I started using Roblox Studio, at first, I did not understand anything there and what every button does or what a script does, so then, I started getting better every day at Roblox Studio.

3. My current achievements on the Roblox platform is 1,100,000 game visits, I was very happy seeing my game reach 1,100,000 visits and my second achievement was the Gold Crown of O’s, then every day I started getting a better crown like the Bombastic Crown of O’s, then the third day, I got the Adurite Crown of O’s.

4. I am mostly a programmer, GFX Designer, Builder and UI Designer, I also make clothes on Roblox like shirts in the avatar shop, I am also an animator.

5. Roblox did start getting more fun with the updates they make. I also update my games but like once a week or once a month, it can take quite a lot of time making everything and building.

1 Like

Hi, I’m PersonifiedPizza! I have fun making stuff on Roblox, and I hope that other people can have fun with the stuff I make. I love programming, and I do building and UI design too.

Hope y’all have a great day!
PersonifiedPizza

1 Like

Hi. Uh, I’m Vanni.

I hated the old thing I wrote back in 2021 so i just wiped it and I’m gonna say I code. That’s all.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone!
I joined the Dev forum in 2018 and I totally forget about it.
After three years, I finished the tutorial and finally became a member.
That pretty much it, I will probably only lurk and like posts once in a while.

• Vinny10810

How did you find Roblox?
Friends at school told me about it.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
One day I was messing around on roblox when I suddenly saw a program on my computer “Roblox Studio”
Since I loved playing with lego as a little kid I loved Studio

Current goals/achievements on the platform
Making a game that people enjoy (Not for the money, just for fun)

What is your role in the developer community?
Programmer, I am not super advanced, but I’m still learning.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Biturb0bros, but my friends call me Bit. I’ve discovered Roblox on YouTube. I’m not a developer yet, I’m still learning scripting, but I plan on starting soon. My goal is to make an enjoyable game based on my favorite anime. Bye bye!
Biturb0br0s

2 Likes

I found roblox sometime in 2010 from friends from friends at school.

I played a few games and I got curious as to how they were made, so I got into studio and started messing around with free models.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform?
I am getting close to finishing my first game and I’m hoping to start another sometime soon.

Currently I do GFX, UI development, and scripting!

1 Like

Not sure, was SO many years ago!

Studio was a desktop icon, I opened it and got started with the toolbox.

Working on the next big game right now.
Game Icons, Gui’s, Backend scripts
Not much, hmu

1 Like