Introduction thread for new forum members

1. How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox back 2017 when my friend told me to test it out and I enjoy it very much.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I just found this installed with Roblox so I clicked in and try to build.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Try to create a good game that everyone one can enjoy!
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I am currently a builder.
  5. Anything else you would like to include
    Welcome fellow Robloxians and I hope you enjoy building in Roblox!
1 Like

Hi, my username is BEEFMAN20 or Beef for short and I am really glad to be a member of the forum. I donā€™t exactly remember how I found Roblox but I do remember making my first account back in 2014 (7 years ago). I started development for several reasons. First of all, I have a wild and creative imagination. Second, I was told I should make games and be payed by other people and not pay other people much to play their games, and third, I had what I needed to get started, a PC and Roblox Studio installed. Currently, my goals are to finish up my first game and advertise it, achieve at least 1k place visits and become fairly well known in the forum. I am a programmer; I script my game(s). I really hope being ranked as a member will be a huge blessing to me.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Mar7y and i am a spanish Roblox player and I wanted to introduce myself.
1:I find it by searching games that neednā€™t too much requisites
2:I liked to watch people games and I wanted to be part of them
3:Be a known member
4: I mostly do GFX activities but I have 3 years of experience on Tinkercad, a 3D modeler like Blender.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œKnightGaladeld, post:1, topic:40896ā€]

• How did you find Roblox?: Banner on flash game website
  • How did you get started: In 2008 I began making mechs
  • Current goals: To create a cohesive Mech Simulator, Transformer Simulator, Gundam Simulator
  • What is your role: Creator
  • Anything else you would like to include: Driven by a desire to put my childhood toys into 3d
2 Likes
  • How did you find Roblox? I donā€™t really know. Probably through a youtube video or something.
  • How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? I like creating, so I thought I would give studio a try.
  • Current goals/achievements on the platform: Iā€™m working on a few things, a part dispenser and a reactor core.
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) I donā€™t really know. I am currently learning scripting.
1 Like

Hello! Iā€™ve been waiting quite a while to get promoted, and now I finally am! (obviously).

1. I found Roblox when I was 11 years old, from a couple kids who were younger than me. I didnā€™t have a computer back then, so I played on my tablet.

2. I got started when I was 12 or 13 years old, because I wanted to create an airport tycoon. That was before I knew that you had to actually code and build in order to create a game XD. (whatta noob I wasā€¦still am). Then I immediately yeeted myself out of Studio until a couple years later.

3. 4 years later, and I have made basically 0 achievements on the platform. I am still a scripting noob, but itā€™s summer now so Iā€™m gonna take it seriously. Hopefully, by the end, I can do some commissions, but imma be quiet about that. Letā€™s see where this takes me first.

4. Well, my current role is a programmer. But Iā€™m not so sure I can call myself that lol.

5. Yes, I would like to include that it was me who ate your math homework O.O

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m new to the DevForum! Itā€™s such a privilege to be here. I started Roblox in 2016 and got into development in early 2020. Iā€™ve switched back and forth learning different things, as I was very indecisive and didnā€™t know what I wanted to do as a developerā€¦

I am currently a beginner GFX artist, who is learning more daily! My goal is to one day have a large Roblox establishment purchase a GFX from me. My goal with the platform though, is to learn more through it. As well as getting to see and learn from more experienced artists.

Iā€™m super happy to be here, and I canā€™t wait to dive deeper into the Roblox Development Community!

Hello! Iā€™m already accepted some time ago, but Iā€™m still introducing myself here:

Iā€™m Jesse, I found Roblox because a friend told me about it. I started by messing around with free models and looking inside scripts, then I started following tutorials by people (surprisingly not AlvinBlox, since most people start there)

I donā€™t have much goals right now, I was making Hello Neighbor prototype in Roblox Studio, but Iā€™m having a hard time with it and there are just to much errors and things to fix, not talking yet about tons of glitches.

I donā€™t really have a role, I can GFX, design UI, Code, Build and more.

I wanted just to include that Iā€™m in search of a job to do (like scripting something) for R$

Hello everyone :smiley: My name is Shundibro.

I was into Roblox from 2018. I was searching for some games and end up in roblox.

After spending some time in Roblox I felt like ,ā€œHow about making a game of my own?ā€ and I was into Developing.

Currently working on some games but only started a little.

I like scripting the most.

I am so happy to be invited into DeveloperForum.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Dimahdude! I found Roblox during the classic eras of the 2010s! I got started with development in 2018-2019 after I got started in other groups doing genre stuff as a side thing. I hope to gain more skills in programming and building so that I could possibly create my own project/game(s) in the future! Iā€™m mostly a Builder who primarily uses Roblox Studio and I sometimes do coding.

I hope I can help others out during my time here! Thanks!

A One Piece game, even though that genre is getting worn out I believe I could innovate. Its been almost a year since Iā€™ve started my gamedev journey and I think with a proper team I could definitely start

How did you find Roblox?

• Initially my daughter asked if she could play Roblox. Then, she asked me if she could make a level in Roblox. I decided to take a look at what it would take and found that it can be as difficult as you want it to be and the more I read about Robloxā€™s capabilities, the more I was interested in learning to model and script to add life to the models. So here I am.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

Current goals/achievements on the platform

• I am working toward a better understanding of Lua as a language and its complexities. Since Lua is not a true Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) language, the tricks/workarounds that must be done to make it one is a bit confusing to me. In addition, understanding how to make the connections to the various APIs and either get or set the various properties, customize methods, create new content, etc. is something I want to really understand at a fundamental level.

What is your role in the developer community?

• I am attempting to make a small game from start to finish, so I would encompass all roles from Game Designer to Modeler to Builder to Scripter to Musician and more. The first wonā€™t be grand, but I have grand ideas, such as story-based adventure games, a retro-themed obby, and more.

Anything else you would like to include?

• I hope to maybe provide professional guidance to young developers; while not a professional developer myself, there are tons of valuable lessons in life that make a difference, regardless of profession. For example: being honest, working hard, understanding that EVERYONE is replaceable, lightning rarely strikes twice, and more. If I see a post that I think I can provide some professional insight on, I hope to be a mentor.
1 Like

1-How did you find Roblox?

( I found Roblox in 2017 via my friend who used to play Roblox and share pictures of it. )

2-How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

( Pretty much just few months in, i started building games for fun. )

3-Current goals/achievements on the platform

( Play Roblox, Build stuff. )

4-What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

( Builder. )

5-Anything else you would like to include

( Roblox is a good game. )
ā€”.

1. Donā€™t remember, began playing years ago, think I saw some very early roblox videos on youtube
  2. Wanted to make a really cool game idea I had in mind for a while and gave up because I couldnā€™t figure out how to remove the baseplate. But I returned to studio this year
  3. Make an actual game that earns me bobux
  4. No friends to help me out, so I do everything, but I think Iā€™m best at programming
1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m DojiRising aka Delano. I first found out about Roblox by my sister playing the game back in 2018 ever since I decided to start playing Roblox. Maybe in mid 2020 is when I first started testing and playing around with Roblox Studio until I started actually copying pictures from google and building the structures. I still continue to build for milsim roleplay groups such as caviarā€™s and many more. I really depend on DevForum so I can improve my development, continue to learn new thing and from new developers and receive feedback from many different people. I am currently only a builder for mislim communities and my next subject and field will be terrain, mountaineering and expeditionary development. Iā€™m very exited to have joined the DevForum community and yea! -Del

1 Like

i found roblox since 2015 when i was watching on yotube and i saw people playing this game when i play it i dint play much so i just stop but many years later in 2021 when i found out that you can make games and i really want to make buildings because for me its fun so i use roblox studio 3 weeks ago im still learning to build and even make better terrain and also earning robux for the first time but forn now i need to practice. and also i love exploring and survival games and i love games that are very difficult that you die many times but im not a fan of shooter games i play them but im not a pro

Hello Everyone!
Iā€™m WilliamEstrayes but most people call me Goose.
I have been trying to become a member of the forum for some time and I am very happy to finally be able to join the club.
I am a Builder and GFX designer and love all things Sci-Fi and Military.
Iā€™m excited to join this community and to fully immerse myself in everyoneā€™s builds and projects.

Edit: Changed name.

Iā€™m new here, I came here to make cool Maps and share them with other developers, I learned about roblox from youtubers (forgot who :)). I started developing maps when I heard that you can create your own games, and did not know what and how to do, and so on. it was somewhere (2017 - 2018) my first map was about obby jailbreack My role is a builder, Iā€™ve tried user interface areas, programmer but canā€™t learn lua, hopefully learn lua in the future. Thanks for reading, :slight_smile:

Hi everyone I am dangeros10lm.I find about Roblox from a advertisement.
I started with playing games and then come to Development.I like Building
and UI Designing. :smiley:

Hey there, my user is vHxneyBee! I go by Alex, Honey, Bee or Ola.
Iā€™m currently 15, my habit is making things aesthetic, my birthday is on April 7th, Iā€™m from Poland, my favorite colors are red, brown, white and black, and Iā€™m a lazy perfectionist! :clown_face:

• I managed to find out about this platform thanks to my older brother in 2014! Overtime, I found Roblox more and more interesting! I got a big break in 2016, then again - I came back 2 years later. Due to me forgetting the password to my old account, Iā€™ve created this account instead!

• As a kid, I used to love drawing! I still have some of my past art hidden somewhere, and I must admit - I was pretty decent including the fact that I was still a kid back then. After starting to be active in Roblox again, I found a lot of great artists, GFX artists, UI Designers, as well as builders! I currently am interested in creating graphics in general! Although I still build, I decided to become a Graphic Designer instead, when it comes to doing it professionally.

• My number one goal is to become a well known Graphic Designer! I have a bit of experience due to a few commissions, and itā€™s really fun so far! I indeed know that there will be lots of scammers in my way, but Iā€™m eligible to meet a lot of nice people as well!

• I wonā€™t be too active in the Developer Forum, though you might still see me stalki- liking posts, comments, or perhaps replying to some posts. Thanks for reading, I hope my introduction wasnā€™t too boring, and sorry for making such a long introduction. :flushed: