Introduction thread for new forum members

1. My friend told me about it in 2017.
  2. AlvinBlox and other scripters told me how to get into developing (scripting)
  3. Currently working on a Working IRL weather system.
  4. Scripting
  5. Thanks to all my friends who supported me :slight_smile:

Hello! Iā€™m DerpyDabz!

I joined back in 2013, but my old account got hacked and then in 2017 I made a new account, which is this current account Iā€™m using at the moment.

I got into scripting during the summer of 2020 as a hobby, and now Iā€™m making a game over the summer with my friends. My goal is to have a good and successful game, and to make a large community out of it. I also dabble in some modeling, animations, and GUI, but I mostly work on scripting and GUI.

Roblox has meant a lot to me growing up and itā€™s crazy to see how Iā€™m making games on the platform now. (hopefully, i finish my game without losing motivation lol)
Canā€™t wait for what the future has in store for me and the growth of Roblox.

1 Like

@t5rny
welcome to the devforum : D

Welcome to the forums! Have a great time!

Hiya! Iā€™m Vaulryze, I have been developing on the Roblox platform since late 2014, however I only started getting serious about it in late 2020. :butterfly:

1. I found Roblox through my brother, I used to always play those free website type games that would often give you a virus, and I was honestly sick of the same games and I couldnā€™t find anything new to play, so my brother signed me up for Roblox and I have been a player since.

2. I honestly just started playing around in Roblox Studio shortly after I got introduced to Roblox. I would often just insert free models and then play my game(s) with my friends. I then started getting more interested in Roblox studio, I went from being in studio once a month, to hours a day. I started inserting free models with scripts and I would read the scripts and try to understand them, I would usually make no progress, so I would watch tutorials and read articles. Fast forward to now, I am now a solo developer that has a decent understanding in 3d modeling, scripting, graphic/ui design and I am starting to learn Java.

3. I would like to release a game that I am proud of. I have released mini showcases, but never a game people would really want to play.

4. I started out in Graphic Designing before I started to learn how to script and 3d model etc, so I would probably consider myself a Graphic/UI Designer, but I do know a bit of everything.

5. I am very greatful for the friendships and experiences Roblox has given to me, I got to meet who I would consider a best friend in person off of roblox.

Hello, Iā€™m DiceDecisions. Iā€™ve been on Roblox since 2016.

How I found Roblox is when I saw a lot of YouTubers suddenly play it and got curious and tried to see what it was. The very first game I played was ā€˜Natural Disaster Survivalā€™ by Stickmasterluke.

I donā€™t really know how I found Roblox Studio. What I think happened is that one day, I saw ā€˜Createā€™ and clicked on it and downloaded Studio from there, not knowing what it was. Then, I placed some random free models around the baseplate and thought it was the best game ever.

I currently donā€™t have any achievements on the platform right now. All I want to do is to build something that Iā€™m quite proud of.

One thing that I really like doing in Studio is building and I really want to improve on that skill even further.

I found Roblox when one of my friends said: ā€œDo you play Roblox?ā€ and I said, ā€œNever heard of it.ā€ He told me a bit about it and thatā€™s when I signed up for my first Roblox account, on 2nd February 2018. Back then, the only game I would play was Jailbreak, but now, Roblox has gotten so big there are so many more good games to choose from. I kept exploring the Roblox website for days, and the most interesting page I found was Develop/Create. It was 6 months later and I started messing around in Roblox Studio. I found obbies cool back then, and still do, as obbies are very easy to make and changed the Obby template around a little bit and managed to get a good game out of it. Today, I know a tiny bit of scripting and my favourite thing to do in Roblox Studio is building things with Parts. My role in developing is Builder, as I like building stuff in Roblox Studio a lot.

I hope everyone new to the developer forums will have a great time learning and exploring new things, no matter what they are.

HOW DID I FIND ROBLOX?

Initially, one of my closest friends suggested I should play it. So I did. I started off on my oldest account in 2016, that makes me formally known as ā€œdonutmunā€. My addiction to donuts carried on as I played roblox. I played so many tycoons and things around donuts. 1 year later, my account got hacked. I was DEVASTATED to hear the news so I made another one. In 2017, I started getting more and more interested in the Military genre and started joining Military groups. This is when my developer journey began. I started doing building, I suddenly gave up on that is I didnā€™t have the motivation at the time. Let me introduce you more about myself.

HOW DID YOU GET STARTED WITH DEVELOPMENT ON THE ROBLOX PLATFORM?

I got started by looking at famous games to give me a inspiration, I took it into my sketch book at built tirelessly every day to give me a good future on ROBLOX. I once again gave up.

CURRENT GOALS/ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE PLATFORM

I have no present achievements however I will list some goals.

• Able to start my own immersive business
  • Able to start and build on my portfolio
  • Earning revenue frequently
  • Be known for what I do
  • Work for very famous or upcoming groups.
  • Building up an empire

WHAT IS YOUR ROLE IN THE DEVELOPER COMMUNITY

GFX

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

I started my development trip again in 2020 and I want to keep that going for continuous years.

If you want to communicate further, or give me tips. My discord is seal#8815

1. How did you find Roblox? I First Discovered Roblox When My Friends Suggested Me It.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? Iā€™ve Started Playing Roblox on A Tablet For Years Iā€™ve always been interested In Making A Game On The Platform In The Start Of 2021I Got A PC and Started Making Random Games Started Learning From Free Models And LUA Learning And Still Do Sometimes.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform? Creating A Popular Game All By Myself That People Will Enjoy.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) I Would Say Builder Or Modeler Since I Havenā€™t Explored The Other Roles That Much

5. Anything else you would like to include? Iā€™ve Always Understood Roblox When I Was A Kid As A Easy To Use Game Creator Until I Started In Studio And Saw It Was Much More Complicated Then Dragging A Pre-Made Script into A Block.

Hey! Iā€™m xt12t, also known as ā€œK0rruptā€ or ā€œK0rruptPlayzā€ and Iā€™m new to the Roblox Developer Forum!

I discovered Roblox in 2017, when I was watching some Prison Life video Roleplays, and I wanted to try them for myself.

The first time I have ever touched Roblox Studio was in 2017, when I used a pre-made game, I started to play around with it in the ā€œToolboxā€ menu in Studio and I loved it!
What kicked me to start over again, is that I saw that my friends were making really cool Roblox games, so I decided to try it out for myself. Watched a few tutorial videos, and the code worked! I continued watching tutorials and I still am, I know the basics about scripting, but Iā€™m not the best.

My achievements is hitting 600+ visits and getting the Homestead badge. It was a moment of joy for me. I do not have any goals for the moment

My role in the community is scripter and artist, even though it only says ā€œArtistā€ on my profile, itā€™s just that I do not know how to change itā€¦ I can also build, but Iā€™m not the greatest at it.

I know how to speak a total of 3 languages: English, French and Chinese (Mandarin), so Iā€™m able to communicate with anyone that knows how to speak those 3 languages.

To finish off, Iā€™m very honored to be part of the DevForums!

I am Azor, and I am a learning scripter and builder!

I found Roblox in 2009, as a very small child, after searching for Coldplayā€™s Viva La Vida, one of my favorite songs as a child, and clicking a Roblox Rox video of it. I saw a game that reminded me of legos, which I loved to play with, and so I begged my mom to make my then 4-year-old self a ROBLOX account. Since that day, I have been on different accounts and done many different things. Itā€™s been an amazing journey that I hope to continue.

I started development on the Roblox platform in 2016 when I discovered ROBLOX studio existed. I didnā€™t make any actual games with it but tried taking apart and rebuilding free models. I stopped for a while and made nothing, and now I am back, doing my best to make games. :smiley:

My current goals on this platform are not to make money off of games, or anything like that; They are simply to have fun making games and make new friends in the process. This is why I develop. It allows me to explore and gain experience for one of my dream jobs as a game developer. My current achievements are little but I hope to change this very soon.

I am mainly a builder though I script as well; I find fun and enjoyment as well as lots of interest in both. I like to associate myself with both building and scripting categories. :smiley:

I would like to personally thank you all for reading this, and say that I wish you good luck with all your interests. Every single one of you is absolutely amazing in one way or another, and you have it in you to be the best you can be. Strive to do this, strive to become that you. And thank you very much to the Developer Relations team for accepting me into the Developer Forum. :slight_smile:

Hi im Mr noobhat and im a builder
How I found roblox is from one of my fav YouTuber fgteev (I was a kid ok)
I havenā€™t started devolping yet but will start in July my goal is to be a dev with a a game with 100-2000 players well I build I just joined so I hope the comunity welcomeā€™s me

I found Roblox as a kid when i was trying to find another game for me to playā€¦
My friends said that they wish to do a game, so i had previously game development skills,so i learned lua and did a game with them (currently deleted bcuz they are not more my friends).
I wanna make money and have a big community for my game.
Iā€™m Programmer.
Thanks Roblox for giving me a reason and maybe an jobā€¦

Hi! Iā€™m very new to development and currently at time of the original post, learning Lua and blender, Its hard, but rewarding so far!

I am very grateful to be on this forum right now. I always needed help on scripts and I couldnā€™t get answers and now I can actually chat and get answers on problems I never found out how to fix. I hope you will all become good friends with me and you may see me post!

Regards, me.

Hi, Iā€™m RANDELYOUTUBE
I am a constructor and artist of GFX I am also Youtube
I have been in Roblox since 2019 and I just joined, on June 16 so I hope the community welcomes me and I like to know more about the forum and also share with other friends Thank you Roblox for accepting me to the devforum team

Greetings, RANDELYOUTUBE!

Hello people :slight_smile: ,
Iā€™m new to the roblox dev forum and I recently got added! So I am a beginner developer who wants to be successful in making games, UI Designing and making GFX icons and lighting. And I also badly want to learn how to scriptā€¦ But I just never give up! I keep on making mistakes, but I always learn the mistakes I make, try to not repeat them!

Hope you have a good day :slight_smile:

• How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox back in 2015. At that time I did not have Internet at my house. I had to go to my local library for the internet. When there, I saw another person playing one of the most popular games on Roblox at the time, Mad Paintball. I thought it was looking super cool so I asked him to sign me up.
  • How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    That same person showed me the aspect of development on Roblox. He showed me the fundamentals of building, and with time, I learned some more techniques.
  • Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Currently, Iā€™m working on a Studio group. I hope that can become a major part of the Roblox experience page.
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    Iā€™m primarily a business person, organizer, and manager. I am very good with organizational items and the management of projects, staff, and communities. For the developer community, however, Iā€™d have to say Iā€™m more of a builder than anything.
1 Like

Hi, I am LikeSpringBuds_YT, I am also new here and I just wanna say thank you for making me this rank

1. How did you find Roblox?
    well I found Roblox since 2014 and it was the best experience of any platforms.
    (PS: I found Roblox on my Old alt account).

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I just got interested of developing games of my own.

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    To be a successful Developer.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc.)
    Nothing.

5. Anything else you would like to include
    Thank you have a great day or night.

Hello everyone! Im Perfectly. :grin:

How did I find Roblox?
In year 2016, me and my brother were watching DanTDM play Roblox. We were watching a ton of videos and one day decided to install it.

How did I start with development on the Roblox platform?
So my brother found Roblox Studio and started scripting. He made a ton of games that we played together. I was amazed and started learning Lua! I was really bad at it and I couldnā€™t learn it. So i stoped. I tried it few years later, but the same thing happened. I failed. But then i tried something new. I started building in Roblox Studio. It was really fun! I found cool plugins and joined in DevForum.

Current goals?
For now, I just want to learn building. I want to expand my knowlege and start building styles like: realistic, low poly, etc.

What is my role?
As you see, I want to be a Builder!

Anything else I would like to include?
Im from Croatia, the small country in Europe.

1 Like