Introduction thread for new forum members

1. How did you find Roblox? I found Roblox through YouTube, and just scrolling through the Microsoft Store on a rainy day.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? I got started with development on the Roblox Platform, through being inspired by the builders of games I played.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform. My goals for this platform are to become a semi-sucessful developer, and a well known community member. I know for this I am going to have to work hard, and there is no time like the present!
  4. What is your role in the developer community? I am a Model Designer and Builder, attempting to learn LUA, so I can become a Programmer.

This is my new favorite post on the forum :joy:

Hello! My name is Crimzite and Iā€™m new to the DevForum!

I found out about ROBLOX when I saw my cousin playing it, I found the game interesting and I found out that my older brother plays ROBLOX, I joined around 2014 on a guest account and then joined my brothers account till I decided that I wanted to make an account around December of 2016.

I got bored of ROBLOX material and I was just playing around with ROBLOX default tools, I found animation to be my passion when I was found that the Jailbreak Fence Lift from the prison didnā€™t have an animation, so I offered asimo (Developer of Jailbreak) an animation to use, Never got a response, This sparked a huge catalog of ideas and this brings me here today where I could gladly call myself a Developer.

My achievement is to be working on a game with positive reviews and that is widely known on the website, Minimum being 1k players on the game daily. Ive worked with a few games around 600-200 players but all of them died out and I lost hope, Now Iā€™m here to finally post a portfolio after this post.

I am an animator, I started around 2018 but really got into it early 2020.

Final words, Thank you ROBLOX for possibly changing my future and shaping it for the better, Without it I would probably have to learn on much harder programs. :+1:

Hi, my name is MathewSevereux and I am a heavily experienced group manager! I joined the forum a few months ago and I am starting to say that I really like the community! I have never seen so many smart and talented people in one place! I have been playing Roblox since 2014 and love making and meeting new friends. My favorite game on Roblox is Murder Mystery 2 and have been playing it for a while. Some fun facts about me are

• I am very nice and kind
  • I love meeting new and friendly people
  • I am dedicated to what I do
  • I love working with other people

Hey, Iā€™m wnico and Iā€™m new here. If you want to talk to me, I am waiting!

Hi im Mr_J.M and i found Roblox in like 2015-2016 started playing as a guest and later creating an account

i started developing in 2017 - 2018 but those games were just free model games and im learning lua to script

im currently making a few games and i just wanna them to be funny and maybe earn some robux from them

im a programmer and a builder i think

so thats everything thank you for reading and i will see ya soon!

2 Likes

Hello, I am new to the forum. This is a great forum.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am Pucksterbon I am more new to the roblox scripting community
I found roblox one day when my dad showed me a game I was like 8 and I remember playing all day in 2014
I recently just found interest in roblox scripting, like maybe 2 weeks ago
I want to make simple games for my family and friends to play maybe get some other people to see my games.
I mainly just want to be scripting and building for whatever I am working on.
Have a good day everyone

Hello

Iā€™ve started playing roblox back in 2017, however a long time ago I suppose it was around 2014/2015 I made an account. It was just a ā€œone-dayā€ account, I cant remember the username nor the pass.

I started creating game in 2018 when I noticed the ā€œdevelopā€ button. I tried to make a game but I failedā€¦ Later in 2018 I tried studios again, but this time with motivation. I started building games, didnā€™t know much about it though so I quit. In 2019 I noticed that you could script so I tried it put haha I thought it would be easyā€¦ And yes I did quit after a week or 2. A few months later I returned to scripting and I started liking it. It was just fun when I was able to see a mistake in a script and whenever my script really worked. It got me even more motivated at a point where I would spend hours in a day watching tutorials. And I never got a thought about quitting scripting.

My goal is to become a famous developer on roblox. I always get excited when I see people playing my games.

As you may have read, Iā€™m a programmer.

I want to thank you for reading this. Have a nice day!:wave:

Hello, my name is Itz_Lilr and itā€™s an honor to be invited to the DevForum.

Over the few years I have been building on ROBLOX, I have grown to become an experienced builder. For the past two years, I have been freelance building, building up the knowledge that I needed for my game(s) in the future. My current projects include Obby related games such as my latest being Lilrā€™s Auto LB. I am looking forward to the future and the things I can learn and teach in this amazing community.

Hi! I am AndreHR001. You can call me andre.
I found roblox an few years ago, my sister intrudocted it to me.
I got started on develpment platform by asking my friends around and youtube.
My current goals are to be an good devloper and game disigner.
My role is an Designer/ project manager.

1- I discovered Roblox when I was 17 years old, my brother introduced him and I ended up liking the platform.
2- As a matter of fact, I started this year and Iā€™m evolving a lot in this area, mainly in 3D modeling.
3- I intend to grow on this platform and learn more about it.
4- I consider myself a builder and modeler, if I want to choose from the most areas I use the most, I would be a builder.
5- Really, I fell in love with creations. At Roblox I used to be very attached to the games provided by the platform, but at the moment, Iā€™m taking advantage of the creation tools and having a lot of fun with them.

descubri roblox en videos de Youtube cuando vi el juego me fascino el concepto de poder crear juegos customizar tu avatar miles y miles de juegos, y a dia de hoy quiero empezar a crear juegos yo siempre he sido muy imaginativo y creo que puedo crear grandes cosas.

2 Likes

Iā€™m excited to finally be a part of the DevForum community!
I have been on Roblox for over 6 years, and I decided to contribute to the platform by making this game:

https://www.roblox.com/games/6923112346/Robloxs-Longest-Conveyor-Belt-Tycoon

My first few games were very basic (pretty much everything was copy/pasted from the toolbox)

In May I decided to get serious about programming and completed the CK+ Studios course, and develop the Conveyor Belt Tycoon above.

I hope to find a team and work on a larger project, and answer programming questions on the Forum along the way!

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums and I am glad I am here with you all!

Oh lets seeā€¦ I found Roblox via a YouTube video in 2013, I started developing games in 2014-2015, 2018-present, I have been a member of all 3 tiers of Builderā€™s Club and gottenā€¦every egg in the 2020 Egg Huntā€¦ooh, I am an upcoming scripter with dreams of making a fun place, and finally, I canā€™t wait for help and guidance from this amazing community!

ā€“Renewing_s, upcoming scripter

1 Like

Howdy, all! Nameā€™s Ms. Datzky! Bit of a late introduction, been on the site for a while, but better late than never!

I was introduced to Roblox by a friend in school roughly a decade ago, and have recently decided to start developing games! I am a designer and artist, and am experienced with pretty much anything under the hemisphere of art and design, including drawn art, building, 3d modelling, graphic design, animating, etc. Popular projects I am developer of include Banana Eats and Make a Cake!, and I will soon be leading the development of a fresh, new, ambitious project with the help of a few sizeable names on the platform! Stay tuned!

1 Like

Hey, everyone! Iā€™m known as Iamoldel, a normal person.

I found Roblox in 2016 by an ad while I was watching Youtube. I clicked on the ad, and it showed me the Roblox website with all the places included. It was quite an introduction to the platform. My development with DevStudio started last year when a friend introduced me to GFX. I quickly learned it, however, my computer wasnā€™t able to support the necessary materials for the activity. Though, I came back last month to develop a few things for my friendā€™s group. Weā€™re currently working to complete our group places for the public, one place is almost finished and ready for publicity. Iā€™m currently learning to script a bit, building, and more throughout. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Euedward, and I found ROBLOX in 2016 while watching YouTube. I first got started with development by just admiring people that made games. Eventually I met a developer that encouraged me to just give it a shot. I then started and just kept improving from there. My main goal is to experience everything ROBLOX has to offer. I became rich, had many friends, even got banned. Next up on the list is to learn how to develop. I am a builder first and foremost, although I would like to try and learn GFX and programming.

Very Long ('cause I have a lot to say lol)

Hi, Iā€™m ā€œThisAmAltā€, but call me Hexo! (youā€™ll see why later) I found Roblox around 2016, my little brother showed me a game that his older friend made. At that point, I had no experience with coding other than a little bit of java my dad showed me!

I asked how he did it because I thought it was cool, his friend showed me, and I was instantly intrigued!
A while later my brother quit Roblox to go play Minecraft or something, and let me use his account. (because he had like 2k Robux) And I got to work watching scripting tutorials

I took long breaks between trying to make games.
Only recently I started taking scripting seriously.

I am going to start developing my first (serious) game in a little after a learn everything I want to know!

Iā€™m excited to be here with so many other developers!
I think I can learn alot!

Why I like to be called Hexo

to be clear I made this alt because my main account ā€œMr_Hexoā€ is below 13 (my little brotherā€™s account)
I just hit 13 years old!
excited to finally be in dev forums, and to be a teen! (not as exited about the teen part lol)
After my main hits 13+ (in like a year)
I might abandon this account and switch over. I donā€™t know yet.

Cya later!

2 Likes
  1. Hello! Iā€™ve been playing games on Roblox since 2016 and have been tinkering with Studio for a couple years now.

2. Iā€™ve always thought that being able to create something that I am proud of and for others to enjoy and appreciate was intriguing, but I didnā€™t know where to start. I enjoyed watching DevBlogs and often speculated the possibility of creating games myself in the future.

3. As of now, I would like to learn some basic script to help me get started.

4. So far, I can only call myself a decent builder/modeler.

5. Iā€™m excited to see where this takes me. Thank you to the DevForum in advance for all the love. :smile: