Introduction thread for new forum members

hi I’m new here!!

I’m working with gfx and build! :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetings! I’m yoseIIa and I’m new here, I’m extremely thankful for being accepted as a member here. I have been on Roblox since 2015, 6 years.
I’m currently 15 years old and I found Roblox when I was 9, yoseIIa is my new account though from 2018. I started my development on the Roblox platform in the middle of 2018 or earlier. I have always had this interest in building, decorating and creating my own stuff. I started building for fun in Roblox Studio and I then made my own cafe group, I made a whole cafe, application center along with a training center. Today, the cafe group has been given to a new owner since I was no longer interested in owning the group anymore.
I still like building but I found interest in making GFXs in 2019, I started following tutorials on YouTube and I got to sell some of my GFXs for Robux. I took a break from GFXs until 2020 when I begun again and opened my commissions. I then took a break again and started now in 2021 and I have downloaded Photoshop which my dad got for him and me to use, along with other adobe programs.
I have learned from my years as a GFX artist and I have improved and I’m proud to see my old GFXs and compare them to those that I’m making right now.
I currently own a GFX club but it’s slowly starting into a homestore as well.
I have just found interest in making clothes, I have made clothes before in 2019 as well but I quit since I found GFXs more fun, now I have started again with clothes and I’m slowly improving. My goal is to own a big group with at least 1000 members, a homestore / GFX group.
So yeah, thanks for reading and I hope to see you soon!

Hey! I just got perms to post things here and I’m very excited to be able to voice things and post on this forum! To follow the categories…

How did you find Roblox?
I honestly can’t remember. I joined in Mar. 2017 and I don’t really know why.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I started on the roblox platform as a builder primarily, occasionally scripting aka copy/pasting youtube tutorials lol. Some of my older projects include the aptly titled Just Fight and Destroy It All (Super Beta) (warning, mild strobe lights on some parts). All of this was because I like games with an edit tab or something to that functionality like minecraft creative and osu!'s edit mode.

Current goals/achievements on the platform
My goal is to become a successful builder, clothing designer, and GFX artist along with a musician in a variety of fields. I have no current achievements on the platform development-wise lol

What is your role in the developer community?
My primary role will probably be musical creation, as that is the field I’m “best” at out of everything, although I hope to become active in the roblox building community along with potential the visual-artistry side of things.

All in all, I hope I can find other people to talk to about roblox developing and hope I can give valid/important inputs on developing discussion! :grinning:

How did you find Roblox
Hi all I will keep it short I got to Roblox cause of my grandkids they wanted to play Brookhaven RP and wanted me to play with them, we played for a while and fun. Well I tried a different game Saber sim love that game, and then I played or tried to play Saber Master X that’s what got me here I bought a VIP pass did not work game was and still is filled with scripters game was not done so I tried to msg the builder of the game but no good he would just change his name 17_Qv Studio 1_PH 0_0n and so on

My role in the developer community
is to help everybody in any way I can

Current goals/achievements on the platform
I achieved them all and willing to put it all in Roblox 43 years programming i did it all

3 Likes

Hello, I’m very glad to have been accepted into the DevForum. My name’s Dark, and I’m a small Roblox Developer. I found out about Roblox from my brother in 2012. I got involved in developing games back in 2017 when my friend asked me to help him with a game, so I decided I’d learn how to use Studio! I’ve learned alot of new tips and tricks from making this game so far and I’m hoping it takes off. I’m also a Builder! I’m looking forward to using the DevForum more, now that I can make posts and comments. Hope you all have a great day and Happy Developing!

1 Like

July 9, 2021

Hello! This is Max! Im very happy to be a new forum member (though i just followed a youtube tutorial to be here), this is actually my alt account cuz I’m young here, though as the community guidelines said, i must follow the rules, and i will do ANYTHING to stay as a Member, i want to contribute to the community as possible…

-@MaxAsh0627 or @Maxisintheforums

Hi! I’m so happy that I have been accepted into the Devforum. Let me introduce myself
My name is Aster I’m a small builder on roblox I have been developing on roblox since 2019 and I’m looking forward to collaborate with big game developer’s on roblox. My english might be broken but I still know some of the basic stuff. So yeah that’s it form me bye!!!

1 Like

!hola¡ Estoy muy feliz por haber sido aceptado en el Devforum. Quisiera presentarme.
Mi nombre es Daniel Soy en pequeño constructor en roblox he estado desarrollando en roblox desde el 2020 y mi mayor sueño es convertirme en un constructor profesional en roblox studio , se muchas cosas de roblox studio. bueno eso es todo de mí !adiós¡

1 Like

Hey, really nice to be apart of this community now, names Scott, I’ve been interested in games design and development for about 4 years now, and only recently thought to try use roblox studio for a variety of things. I mainly focus on game asset and texture optimisation as well as some programming, usually bounce around most areas testing the waters. But yeah that’s about it really, see y’all around here!

Found Roblox probably back in like 2015-2016 I’m not to sure over multiple accounts. I got started with development after I decided I wanted to make a tycoon maybe around 1-2 years ago. My current goal is to learn a lot more and try to find someone I could help. I feel like my role would be more of UI Designer and Programmer but I’m still not the best in any category. No not really anything else I would like to include.

Hi, first of all I’m blown away about how much the developer community has grown.
1.I found Roblox through my brother and we both just played but slowly later we started to go to Roblox Studio.
2.I started building by seeing my brother’s script and I saw how much effort he wanted to put in it. I started to check out the platform Studio. I have already been playing Roblox during this time. I started out using free models and copying scripts then I realized that I should not copy peoples builds and I started to build my own things. I have advanced my building skills a lot.
3.Some things I want to achieve is to increase my building skills and I hope I can make a well known game.
4.My role in the dev community is Builder!
5. I want to give some advice to new people on the platform. You might hear this a lot but it’s true. I want to say no matter how hard it is. Keep on trying! It’s a honor to be on the Devforum along with our awesome community

Hola! soy miembro nuevo!

1. en primera, encontre roblox cuando estaba en primaria, mis compañeros me hablaron sobre eso asi que me uni.

2. en segunda, al principio era una persona normal que jugaba experiencias de roblox prindadas por otros desarrolladores, pero despues vi el potencial de roblox para empezar a desarrollar en roblox, entonces estoy aqui, Y AMO EL DESARROLLO.

3. en tercera, mi objetivo al principio era un plan para llegar a tener mi propia empresa desarrolladora de videojuegos, pero despues me di cuenta de que solo era una excusa para agradarle a los demas, entonces fue cuando me di cuenta que roblox no se trata de eso, sino de ser tu mismo y plasmar la creatividad que traes en tu sangre y mostrarle tu arte al mundo!

4. para la cuarta, mi papel en el desarrollo es un comodín, soy un comodín, cualquier cosa la puedo aprender, pero en lo que soy mas bueno es en la construccion y la modelación, sin embargo quisiera ser mas bueno en el scripting, pero escuche que puedo llegar a ser un director de desarrollo de videojuegos o mas bien conocido como gamedesigner si tengo todas las habilidades desarrolladas satisfactoriamente.

5. para la quinta y ultima, adoro estar aqui, le doy gracias a roblox por dejarme plasmar aqui mi creatividad, porque mi pasion, es crear.

2 Likes

I’m just happy I got accepted, and I hope anyone that reads this has a good day.

1. I found roblox like in 2015-2016, and this is my second and current main account.
  2. I started with small knowledge, but I experimented a lot by my self, so I’d say its matter of practicing.
  3. Creating a project of my own, either with help, or alone, and not giving up on it as on previous game ideas.
  4. Im a basic builder, spanish translator and digital artist mainly, but im trying to work multiskilled to apply on different things.
  5. I don’t have much to say, just enjoy developing!
3 Likes

It’s been 3,000 years… (if you get it you get it). Happy to be a member.

1. I don’t remember how I found the site back in early 2010, but I was there. This is currently my second and main account.
  2. I don’t remember how I started, I just got up and did.
  3. If I can make at least one person happy, I consider that a success.
  4. Builder I guess. I mean, I like putting stuff together and making something.
  5. I would’ve appreciated it if the requirements to be a member were a little more clear.

Hello!

I’m excited to finally be a member of this lovely community! Here’s a little summary about myself and my history with Roblox. I’ve started playing actively around 2010, but once I got focused on school and eventually college I stopped playing. Even when I was young I tried to make a game, since it was always a very fond idea of mine to make something that would give people a chance to have fun and enjoy themselves, the same way other games did for me.

Unfortunately I was very young and knew little to none about coding, but after finishing college and getting a degree in IT, I finally felt determined and prepared to take on a project on Roblox. I started developing and learning the ropes of Lua and the Roblox engine at the end of June 2021. Now I am progressing with confident steps day by day, with the same goal in mind that I had when I was a kid. I hope I’ll be able to bring to the platform a game that is not only fun, but can also educate people into critical thinking.

At the time of writing this, the role that suits me best would be programmer, but I actively learn about practices in every branch of building a game.

Once again I am glad to be welcomed into the community, and I hope I’ll be of help to anyone in need of another perspective or an idea.

With respect, misterblank_2000.

1. How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox in 2014 on my iPad (loved Natural Disaster Survival, even had the stand-alone Natural Disaster Survival app) after a friend recommended it to me. I was hooked ever since!
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I used to do GFX in 2018, but quit Roblox in 2019. I always attempted to do stuff in Studio, but never really got anything out of it…I came back to Roblox scripting after learning programming in other languages (Java and R). Currently, I’m working on my scripting and UI design skills!
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I hope to be able to be proficient in Lua on Roblox and create a big and really innovative game project I have in mind. In the meantime, I want to create some simple games to improve my skills and have fun! I also hope to make some friends with who I can make projects!
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I’m not very good at anything development-wise right now…
    However, I did do GFX in the past and have done multiple commissions before quitting! I have also done UI designs for a non-Roblox-related social media analytics application :slightly_smiling_face: I hope to become a good Programmer!
  5. Anything else you would like to include
    Feel free to message me!
2 Likes

Hello Roblox DevForum Community!!! :grin:

I am @Adr1z, I’m new in this community, I’ll introduce myself to the DevForum members.

1- How did you find Roblox?
I found Roblox while searching some games to play some years ago, then I kept playing Roblox because I could play with my friends here.
2- How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
Recently, my friend encouraged me to learn to script in Roblox Studio. He’s a very good builder, we want to make games together. I started like 5 or 6 months ago with the basic guides you could find on YouTube and continued with the advanced ones. Now I’m better at reading the codes and understanding most of the things, but I’m still new, so I lack the skill to make things on my own.
3- Current goals/achievements on the platform
I want to be very proficient in Lua on Roblox, and be able to make my own Projects and work with my friend. I really like fighting games in Roblox, so I would be happy to be able to make, to update and to give maintenance; to make good and funny skills.
4- What is your role in the developer community? (e.g. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder, etc.)
To be honest, I’m not very good at anything right now…
But I hope to become a very decent & proficient Programmer! ^^
5- Anything else you would like to include
It’s so hard to learn scripting, because there are so many ways to make things, and I want to script games in an optimal way. But since there’s nowhere to start and to continue, it makes me feel kind of lost, and it’s depressing. I feel bad for not starting on this before :pensive:

roblos

i love roblos game dev1!

roblos is nice

2 Likes

i found rolbox cause my dad beat me
i got started robox cause it look fun
nothing
i do nmothing to contribu to th econmy or whatevr
bno

2 Likes
  1. Being one of five siblings, my parents were always on the lookout for a fun, safe online game for us to enjoy together. I still remember the day we discovered Roblox…
  2. It began when I became fed up with not having any Robux. My parents didn’t want me to use hard-earned money on in-game items. So I decided to earn some myself.
  3. I hope to learn more using the DevForum, have fun, and maybe earn some cash along the way!
  4. I can do awesome GFX, good 3D modelling and simple VFX. I also know the grips of coding and am speedily learning Lua/scripting.