Introduction thread for new forum members

I found Roblox through a friend many years ago

I noticed I had never opened studio and loved letting my imagination take flight by using the toolbox. Later I learned more and am now making my own games.

None so far really, but I want to be more part of a team.

Certainly now a scripter/programmer, I do a little GFX and am mostly a builder

That I am excited for all the possibility’s that await.

1 Like

Hi y’all!
I am AxlentFigureSkater, I’m 14, I design buildings, games, and much more!

I have been developing on Roblox for about two years now, and have really enjoyed it! Currently, I am working on a game called “Dangerous DJs”, which allows you to make your own music and compete with other players to level up.

I have lots of experience in Blender, a bit in Python, and a bit in Unity (I am designing games for VR).

I am also the Chief Information Officer on an FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) team, and I volunteer to help mentor two FLL (FIRST Lego League) teams.

I like designing modern buildings, and here are some pics:

A link to my game:

Happy gaming y’all!

1 Like

Hi I am Salzu and I’ve actually just got member on the platform. I’ve been reading for a while and am very happy to become a member.

I was very young when I discovered Roblox. My uncle had showed me on a tablet what Roblox was and since then I’ve been stuck to it. I started getting into development a couple months ago because I didn’t want to spend real life money on robux but also needed a hobby.

So far my current goals are to get familiar with becoming a member and help people to build up some solutions. After that I’d like to set up a free portfolio so I can get some projects to show when I set up the paid one. I am a scripter in the community, and really nothing else to include. Thanks for everyone who read my introduction thread.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new to the DevForum and I just want to express how grateful I am for being given the opportunity to further pursue my interest in coding and game development on Roblox by being granted membership!

I will strive to make the best use of this wonderful opportunity and give just as much as I take, if not more.

2 Likes

Hello I am dp_3347, I am 14 and a sort of new developer I started around 2020 in July give or take.

I came across roblox when I was 8 and joined on a nerf crossover event in late 2015 if I am correct.
I started developing around 2020 in July on a game based on SCPF and I am still working on it to this day, I am the only developer at this time and I am working hard.
My goals here at roblox as a dev is to hit around 1k-10k concurrent players on one of my games posibly.
My role as a developer in this comunity is partly GFX and mainly Builder.
And no not really thats all I have to say, have a good day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found Roblox when I was randomly browsing the Apple App Store in late 2016. When I started playing I got inspired by what I saw, which made me want to develop games. I am currently a scripter and builder. And I just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to be here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ello, I have the funny name of lolyoustupidnub21 but I go by MrCookieNub or just Cookie. I’ve been playing since around 2015-2016 and attempted to learn how to develop around 2018.

At first I was so bad at building and coding that nothing really went the way I wanted, so I just gave up lol. But recently I’ve made myself a goal that I wanted to reach. To make a fun game that my friends could enjoy. So I’ve made a bunch of different stuff but ended up dropping alot because I got lazy, HOWEVER I’m currently working on a horror game since those have been getting alot of attention recently and my friends also have an addiction to them lol.

I’m honestly surprised at how much talent people have with all the insane builds and all the knowledge that they have and I hope to become them one day, and am honored that I get the chance to possibly become them.

As of now I mainly play the role of a programmer and I sometimes mess with building and gui designs.
Thanks for reading! :grin:

1 Like

Hey guys, most people call me bully, and I’m here to introduce myself! Hope you enjoy it.

Ever since I was younger I’ve always had a deep interest in coding/game creation in general. I have been throwing myself at different games such as Garry’s Mod, Minecraft, and even attempts to make a game in unity. In Garry’s mod, I learned a basic amount of Lua and started working on various addons for the game. My interest in it quickly died out though, as well as for Minecraft where I had learned enough java to make custom plugins.

So, at least for now, I’m going to be pursuing my interest in coding through Roblox. I look forward to meeting new people, learning new things, and overall having a fun time working with game creation through Roblox.

My current progress is limited, although I think I’ve done quite well for the amount of time spent. I’ve watched many hours of beginner tutorials and tutorials on specific projects. Currently, the only thing I have to show off is this crappy lava escape-type game called “Milk Escape”. Although it’s not very impressive, I’m very proud of it and I think I can really improve it. Basically, it is just a round-based system with Wins and a leaderboard, and I’m going to start working on currency/shops for it. Other than that, I have just been experimenting with the platform, and trying my best to learn about it!

I know, it’s not the easiest to accept new members into this community, but I really want to try my best to improve my coding/building skills and excel through Roblox. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I’m AmazingC, 16 years!

One of my friends told me about Roblox in 2019. I always had a deep interest to design games and it made me develop games on Roblox. In 2020 I and my friends developed a game and it was a huge success. We got around 2.8M+ Visits
Now I mainly work as a 3D modeler, Ui designer, Builder, Gfx and Roblox artist. Hoping to create more Games with wonderful people in this community
Huge Thanks to everyone who supported me and Thanks again for letting me into the DevForum :grin:

1 Like

Hello, I just wanted to state my introduction here. Also, thanks for accepting me into the forum. I look forward to seeing recent posts and more.

My name is jchangftw5, and I have been a member of Roblox for 3 years. I found Roblox in 2018 when my friends recommended me the game to me. I started scripting in Roblox a year ago (2020), there was something in me that just wanted to start making games. My current achievements are working for a development group with more than 800+ members. My goals are to make a fully functional roleplay group that involves with transportation. My role in the community is UI Designer and Programmer, though I do a bit of Building. That’s all I have to say but if you need to contact me, you can check my profile, goodbye!

2 Likes

Hi there! My name is Sam.

First off, let’s start off by how I found ROBLOX. A close friend introduced ROBLOX to me in 2016, and I joined! However, this was on another account that is now not in use. I started this account in 2018!

I got started with development on ROBLOX by trying to make a tycoon, but failed, lol. I also used to watch videos from The Dev King, AlvinBlox & more!

My current goal on the platform is to get a studio problem I have fixed.

I’m not quite sure what my role is yet! I own some ROBLOX companies, but other than that, I’m not really in the developer community.

Thanks for reading this, and taking the time out of your day to read this! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, just writing my introduction. Thanks for accepting me, I was starting to wonder if I would ever be accepted at all!

My names Ilia. I’ve been on Roblox since 2016, but I’ve only recently picked up development. I started learning how to develop because of my goal of starting my own Roblox restaurant.

My current goal is to learn Studio as much as I can so that I can apply my knowledge of Studio to building my restaurant.

I don’t really have a role in the developer community since I’m pretty new here. I’d probably consider myself a Game Designer since I’m trying to design a game, and I don’t have any unique skills that fit with a specific category.

I’m looking forward to working with you all! Thanks for accepting me!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m benshi06, I’ve been playing since 2012 and still playing to this day! I mostly hang around the SCP Side of this platform so if you’re looking for me, look there! I’m not that good at scripting so I mostly will come over here for some help! I’m pretty good at making Sites and jamming to some music awhile doing it. I hope I can meet some of you and become the best of friends!

2 Likes

I used to watch many Roblox videos and thinking this must be a cool thing, but due to not having enough free time I didn’t even think of joining it. In Summer 2020 and in the middle of covid confinement I decided to follow some online courses and attend online conferences, and that’s where I came across some inspiring success stories on Roblox, so I decided to come and discover this world.

Since I got an IT background it was a matter of time, I started following tutorials, I was new to Lua so it seemed very difficult in the beginning but I’m starting to get familiar with it and making my own scripts now.

• Achievements: not much, 2 test places for playing around in my profile and 1 unfinished mini game in my group.
  • Goals: turning my other ideas into games, having at least 1 very successful game, becoming a full time robloxian and quitting my job.

I’m a programmer, but I’m planning to go solo so I’ll do some simple GFX/Builds/UI for myself, nothing too fancy just simple and acceptable.

I’m happy I finally could make it to a member, see you in other topics!

1 Like

Eu quero ser um roterista de ideias de jogos para uma equipe

1 Like

Hi! I’m CheezBoy27, the newest member of the Roblox Developer Forum. I am literally jumping for joy right now! I am so excited to show everyone my games. I am currently working on a racing game (a few errors… I’m getting there…) and an FPS Zombie game. If you need anything, I’m happy to help.

1 Like
  1. Youtube Recommended the Pre-IPO roadshow keynotes from the CEO going over the platform’s analytics.
  2. I started talking to as many scripters as I could find and started assembling a team by giving small commissioned and paid upfront challenges.
  3. With our current team we’re building an MMORPG, think of something similar to WorldZero/Dungeon Quest.
  4. Creative director. I’ve contracted and worked with roughly 50+ different programmers/animators/designers/modelers in the past 100 days.
  5. Looking forward to launching and leveling up the quality of MMORPG game available on the platform. Always recruiting great talent in any role.
1 Like

Hi! I’m Nodd. I stumbled across Roblox around 4 years ago and I could not stop playing. I remember opening Roblox Studio for the first time and seeing a blank canvas to create anything on. I mostly taught myself how to use it. My goal is to create a fun and memorable game for people to enjoy. I don’t have much experience in scripting (like almost none…) but I am a good builder and I’m confident in my skills. Anyways, thanks for accepting me into the DevForum!

2 Likes

I’m paiitons, but I prefered to be called Smoosh

I found roblox somewhere in Elementary when I was around grade 3, I don’t know how I really found it but I probably did by talking with some friends who brought up roblox in a conversation.

I started development on Roblox last year in March, my friend needed help for a volleyball game that never got out, and needed some animations, so I offered him a hand and got working with my very first animation which was an idle, looking back, the posing was pretty good but it wasn’t fluid.

My current goals is to just be able to work long-term for some big name games, that’s all really.

My current role in the dev community is an animator, been animating for a year and 4 months, 1 year in moon animator and 4 months in blender

train

3 Likes

Hello My name is DreamyDxwn! I just got promoted to member level!
I find roblox back in 2016. My friends recommended it! And I never regret it!

I started with the development on the Roblox Platform from playing games , making games , making models and many more things.

My goal on the platform atleast to win a Bloxy award for the work I am secretly working on!

My role in the developer community is GFX, UI Designer and a Builder!

Nothing to include but I am happy that I am a part of Dev forum now!