Introduction thread for new forum members

1. How did you find Roblox?
    I found roblox by a Google picture of McDonalds tycoon back then in 2015.
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I started by my friend @turbodismountfan2202 he introduced me to studio then this.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
    my goals are for to be one of the most richest roblox players. (If I can)
  4. What is your role in the developer community?
    (Animator, builder, sometimes scripting.)
  5. I loved roblox from the first day I saw it. And I will continue liking it.

Also I used to say ā€œro-bloxā€ like this back then : ā€œrob-loxā€ lol then I watched some videos and 2016 is when I said it correctly.

Hello there!
I go by the Gearmeister, and Iā€™m very happy to have recently become a member of the Dev community!
I first found Roblox years ago when I was 10 years old. I played with my brothers and friends ALL the time.
When I was 12 I first started developing with the very early in-game building platform that is used in the Sandbox game today. Later, when I was about 14, I discovered Roblox Studio and figured out how to make basic things. As of today, I am still working my way around scripting, but I love to build worlds and GUIā€™s.
I consider myself a juggler in all different types of roles.
I hope to someday contribute to the community as a whole. I love the Roblox and RoDev community and am very happy to be considered a part of the developing crowd.

Hello, Iā€™m Joy and Iā€™m always joyful! I found Roblox in 2016 during the egg hunt from my brother. I got into development by making things I love and things I am passionate about!
My achievements are my modelling and building skills I have developed from Roblox! My goals are to master my field of work.
My role in the developer community is a modeller, artist and builder.
Iā€™m happy to be accepted in developer forums. Canā€™t wait to meet wonderful people and make new friends!

I just became a member and my username is LineManticore809.

1. I found roblox in 2016 on the android app store and decided to try it out.
  2. I started with development after I bought my computer and started following the tutorial in the Castle template and then I began watching tutorials.
  3. I have no current goals/achievements on the platform.
  4. I am a builder and somewhat of a programmer.
  5. I will be happy to contribute to the developer forums by being an active members on it. Have a great day!

Hi! Kinda new here (first post). Just reviewed my messages and found this, so thought why not post.

Future expectations: Big group, with alot of fun, well developed and not age based games.

Hello there, Iā€™m glad to be a member of the Devforum.
Iā€™ve been playing since around 2016.
Iā€™ve been building for only 2 months now so I hope I can get better soon!

Hey there!
My name is MADHEN02GAMING but this is my developer account Madhen02Gameking. I havenā€™t developed for a long time but I am thinking of starting again. I am rather familiar with Roblox Studio but canā€™t seem to stick with a project. I am constantly trying to learn more and would love to make a popular game. I canā€™t quite remember how I discovered Roblox but I have been playing for at least 3 years. I started developing over a year ago and I first downloaded Roblox Studio because I wanted to make some games like the popular devs on the platform - I realise I am a long way off that now but developing is fun either way. I mainly focus on building and have been a builder for a small group with 150+ members and got payed small sums although I am trying to learn some lua and have some experience in python.

I hope to work with some of you soon!

Hi! I am @DaRealDevGaming, but you can call me Drexx. :slight_smile:
Anyway, I found Roblox by a friend telling me about it. It took a while for me to actually decide to make an account.
I started creating stuff on the platform once I wanted to experiment with Roblox Studio. I then realized how hard it was, and entered another world, known as the Internet.
My current goal is to make a decent experience. So far, I have failed to reach that goal, lol.
I am currently a builder, but want to try modeling. I have this idea for a wall, and if itā€™s good, I will start making more stuff.
If you were wondering what I like, itā€™s rockets. Just rockets. I am fascinated by how they can get into space, so easily. Itā€™s amazing. Anyway, thatā€™s it for me. Godspeed, guys!

Before I introduce myself Iā€™d like to thank everyone involved with the creation of the Developer Forums for making ROBLOX scripting accessible to the average ROBLOX player.

Iā€™m Mordevifer, Iā€™ve been a proud member of ROBLOX since late 2011 when my older brother introduced me to the plataform, my passion for making any sort of game began somewhere in 2014, but it wasnā€™t until 2019 when I got heavily invested in scripting, and the reason for it was the inspiration and motivation to show new users how far ROBLOX as a whole has come. I consider myself an average programmer, but I hope in the near future I can work with audio, as well as improve my scripting skills.

I hope fellow developers give me a warm welcome and help me grown, not only as a developer, but as a person. Thanks for accepting me as a member of this wonderful community!

Iā€™d love to learn how to script/programme, learn more about blender/3d modelling and make a successful Homestore for my clothing group.
Iā€™ve not really reached an ā€œachievementā€ yet, but Iā€™m hoping as I expand my skills in development achievements will follow.

Iā€™m shalev.

Hello! Nice to meet a fellow developer. I am also pretty new here, and hope to become a modeler in the future. ^^

1 Like
  1. Youtube
  2. I felt inspired, so I started building and turns out Iā€™ve done amazing.
  3. Be a know GFX Artist and Builder.
  4. Gfx and Builder
  5. Yes, I have commisions if you want to hire me dm me, ! alex#0996

Hey folks :wave:t2:

Iā€™m SpectralJames! I joined Roblox in 2015 when my sister told me about it and ever since Iā€™m hooked on it, I would play games like Natural Disaster and the Plaza all day and night. I really start getting into development during 2020 because I suddenly had loads of free time and I started a Roblox airline in the Ro-aviation community. But sadly it failed but looking back, it was a good learning experience when it comes to building.

Speaking of building, I mainly specialize in Building and Modelling in Roblox. and I had improved a lot since 2020. Now, Iā€™m working on a Flight Simulator and at the same time learning how to script by learning from the community! Learning how to script has always been my dream and now due to my commitment. I know at least the basics of scripting! so you can say Iā€™m a 2-ish in 1 :sweat_smile:

And thatā€™s not all! I am also currently trying to learn how to script in advanced methods so that I can help other people, just like how the Roblox community helped me in teaching me scripting.

Thanks, Roblox for making me a new member of the Forum, and I am extremely proud of being a Member of the wonderful community of Developers!

• Keep Learning and Never give up, SpectralJames

Yo! kind of late to my introduction I was granted member status almost two weeks ago o_O

The name is p4rsona or persona, I like to build and I only know the basics to scripting, been playing ROBLOX since 2011, nowadays I mostly build contemporary houses wrapped up by nature or every now and then something industrial, sometimes a mix of both, thatā€™s all I got to say, congrats on all the other homies becoming a member o_o

Hi I am kiylof I am a clothes design beginner at that and also a cafe owner!

1. How did you find Roblox? YT and searching for game to play
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? Well I wanted to be able to post about my cafe so I start a devfourm and also I created a group to start a cafe because they are booming right now.
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform to make my cafe top 10 on roblox cafes and to be very successful at what I do.
  4. What is your role in the developer community? Clothes designer.(eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
  5. Anything else you would like to include Join my cafe group StarLatte Cafe we host interviews everyday!
1 Like

Hello! Iā€™m Pignite772. I like to be called Pig or Pignite for short.

1. How did you find Roblox?

I was 8 year old at the time just sort of scrolling through some random websites. Saw the old roblox ad about building whatever you could and it got me hooked instantly.

1. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

When I was 12, I made this tiny game called Mega Weapon. It was just Doomspire Brickbattle. I didnā€™t really put much effort into it at all. I barely built anything or script anything. It was mostly free models.

I wasnā€™t really happy with it and felt I only did the bare minimum of an actual Roblox Dev. If I want to rise to the top, I have to make an attempt.

1. Current goals/achievements on the platform

I want to make a fun game that everyone can be able to enjoy. No skilled-based, no Pay 2 Win, everyone has the same experience. I want this game to appeal to everyone.

1. What is your role in the developer community?

I consider myself a Game Designer. Iā€™m pretty good at programming too!

1. Anything else you would like to include

Iā€™m just thankful for being accepted into a member. I have so many things I want to talk about and learn.

Hai, Iā€™m JuJu!:wave: Iā€™m your everyday weirdo with an anti-social upgrade.

About Me:blush:

I personally love building on the Roblox Platform and hope to go to the RDCā€™s one day! But first, I have set a goal to make a game. Something not for Robux, nor for fame, but for me to just enjoy. And Iā€™m not really sure how I found out about itā€¦:thinking:

I try my best to create positive feedback and provide suggestions to Roblox support, to contribute to this platform. :grinning:

Building:hammer_and_wrench:

I specialize in building on the Roblox Platform, currently creating detailed builds and progressing as a Roblox Developer. ā€œBuilding is an art, not just a passionā€

I personally LOVE building on Robloxā€¦ I find a lot of joy in Roblox Studio. My love for building began during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic when I really started immersing my self in the imaginative community we call Roblox!

I have been building for 1 year now and have truly progressed as a Roblox Developer, from my first build ever to my best ever (so far). :sunglasses:

Programming:scroll:

How I am currently learning Lua: I learn Roblox Lua through building:brick: When I build I canā€™t help but go through all the properties on everything I insert into the gameā€¦ Whether its a BillboardGui or a RocketPropulsion, I enjoy learning about the different properties that can be found on objects and instances in Roblox Studio.

Because of this wonderful curiosity and joyfulness I get from it, I know which properties to use when programming objects by customizing them through the script.

The Roblox Developer Hub has been of great use to me also on my Roblox Programming journey! I strive to regularly look through the different Roblox Functions, and the other amazing instances in Roblox Studio.

Message To Roblox Employees:flushed:

Thank you for all you do for this amazing community!:pray:

2 Likes

Who can br my partner? +?? Someone?

I found Roblox through some friends playing a funny meme game, and wanted to have fun as well. That inspired me to make my own games and so here I am

I found roblox 6 years ago from an old Youtuber, the good times.

I donā€™t actually remember how i got started developing I just wanted to put my skills to use.

My current goal is to have my art out there on the platform, get some commissions or long term contracts with a game or group.

I am a digital artist.

None whatsoever.