Introduction thread for new forum members

Hey am new here :grinning:
I started my development from making simple games to getting commissions. My goals is maybe making a successful game and doing commissions actively. Im actually a builder in the community. Iā€™d say, ā€œHello to the community!ā€

here are my recent builds:

7 Likes

Hello! I am checksover2/checks.
I found Roblox in 2018, I didnā€™t play much but over time I started to play more.
I started Roblox Development in 2020. I made some really simple sword fighting games.
My current goal is to become a better developer and become a better programmer.
My current role in the developer community is a builder.
Anyway, I am glad that I joined the Devforum and look to continue developing on Roblox!

2 Likes

Hello.
I am CDev. I have been playing Roblox since 2016. One day in that a friend of mine showed me this game. I got started with development on this platform in 2018. I donā€™t remember exactly how I got into developing on Roblox. My current project is a Roblox grand strategy game project. My role in the developer community is a Programmer. That is all I have to say. Glad to be in the DevForums!

1 Like

New here, I have a passion for being creative, innovative and unconventional; I want to say that being a part of an amazing community filled with talented individuals is an honor.

How I found Roblox you may ask? Well In late 2011 from the faintest of memories I recall a family member of mine playing a PokĆ©mon fan game on his machine and curious me pondered over his shoulder to take a peek of what was going on and boom, I was hooked. Through the montage of simulations, ninja games, and obstacle games Iā€™ve stumbled upon a neat piece of software called Roblox Studio, Iā€™ve tried it out and thought it was cool but as a naive kid I didnā€™t do much, but years down the road Iā€™ve picked it up again due to my interest with computer science and so Iā€™ve played around with it and developed small games, not too much though because I had a fear of getting rejected by the community for my ā€œstupid conceptsā€. So I was stuck in the metaphorical pit and never made a release but now I am ready and want to go all in; but hereā€™s the catch, Iā€™m making my software and games fully open source and also making my assets, audio and artwork fully accessible under the creative commons license. The reason why I am doing this Is that I believe my position in the community is to be a resource because I am a supporter of FOSS standards and want to contribute as much as humanly possible.

Yourā€™s truly, vextzyn

5 Likes

1: Youtube videos
2: Free model games and decals
3: Account is 4 years old I guess
4: I am trying to develop a game but I am mainly a digital artist

2 Likes
  1. Heard from my cousin a while back.
  2. As soon as I got my first laptop I just started messing with the toolbox and looking inside the scripts.
  3. Attend RDC.
  4. UI, Game Design, Programming.
  5. I speak fluent German, but Iā€™m not from Germany.
1 Like

Hello I am leonbros2 and I am very happy to join the dev forum and work with its community.

I am a builder and I enjoy making different creations in blocky style, also my current goal on the platform is to learn Lua scripting.

Hello! I am gunita4 and I am new here1 I am a UI designer and I can do some clothing designs as well! I joined roblox quite recently, I think it was 2-3 Years ago.

I started making UI because I wanted to earn some robux but was poor so could not buy any. While doing commissions, slowly I gained interest in UI and I am doing it as a hobby now.

My goals on the platform is to expand the network of m work and improve itā€™s quality. I would also like to work with some big developing groups and just have fun!

2 Likes

Hello! My name CrazyChxllxex and I have arrived on this gaming platform in 2014! I discovered ROBLOX through, YouTubers & Ads and enjoyed the journey. Iā€™ve started doing small developments through ROBLOX studio. I began in 2016! With a home-pc back then. Looking back, I made extreme combat in terms of development & PC improvements! My role in the developer community is to look into hiring and recruiting individuals interested in my restaurant. Hopefully, I can come back here as an offering role as an upcoming developer!

For those who are interested in my group, please join Kimchu Co. Today we are currently at 70 members and still growing. Have an amazing day lovelies! <3

Heya
6000Th reply.Epic! :smiley:

Hi everyone :wave:

Iā€™m Sean, although I have been a member of this forum for a while, I havenā€™t been too active, but I am now wanting to become more involved with the community :slight_smile:. With that being said, I think the best first step is for me to introduce myself.

I found Roblox a while back when I seen an old 2011 ad on YouTube - as soon as I seen it, I knew I had to join the growing platform, the never-ending creative possibilities attracted me to the core purpose of Roblox, to express your imagination in an infinite amount of unique ways.

Prior to using Blender and ROBLOX Studio, I used to frequently visit standard in-game building games such as ā€˜Ultimate Buildā€™, those who have been around since the early days will remember how difficult but fun this was :laughing:. After I downloaded ROBLOX Studio I felt at home - I used to watch tutorials endlessly both before and after school, trying to learn from those who effortlessly used the system. After I learnt the basics, I wanted to become more advanced and help my friends with their creations along the way.

When looking into the future of my time on this platform, I would like to eventually receive a full-time salary through developing on ROBLOX and help the community by providing building tutorials for future developers, although this is ambitious, Games Development is my passion!

I have included some of my builds below, if anybody wants any tips or has some feedback, be sure to reach out to me on Twitter!

Thanks for reading,
Sean :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Plasmacticus and Iā€™m an aspiring developer. The way I found Roblox is probably a lot more complicated than mostā€™s. I first watched DanTDMā€™s videos on Roblox and thought Iā€™d play it some time but wasnā€™t bothered to check it. I then watched one of Pink Sheepā€™s videos on Roblox Theme Park Tycoon and decided to play that. Thatā€™s how I found out about Roblox.

I got started with development because I played a lot of Nintendo games and wanted to become a developer when I grew up - more specifically a programmer. This was also partially influenced from my dad being a programmer as well. At first, embarrassingly, I thought you had to memorise everything when I first tried to learn when I was 9. I then learnt you could just look up stuff a few years later and thatā€™s where I am now.

I do not have any current achievements on the platform so far apart from learning the basics of lua. I want to make ambitious games but I know that is out of my skill set, so currently I am making random games that I feel like making to try and increase my skill.

As I already stated in the previous paragraphs, I am a programmer. I prefer working on server-sided scripts as I find client-sided ones more boring (especially UI).

1 Like

Hiii, Iā€™m so glad I got accepted into the Dev Forumā€¦ ! ā€¦Thank you very much !

1 Like

Hi! It feels amazing to be on the fourm! Thank you!
I am new to development and am trying to learn by doing commisions.

1 Like

Cool I guess. Not the best builder, but that doesnā€™t discourage me.

1 Like

whatā€™s good lol

i am redsisco, the second strongest mole

i know barely anything about scripting, but people in my friend group still call me ā€œhackermanā€

i love games that know what they are, play to their strengths, and improve quality of life

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m arric! I found Roblox from an ad and joined as a guest. ever since I made my first account (in 2017) I dreamed about being a dev. My current goal is to get at least 1000 visits. I am a molder/builder and I am trying to learn about scripting.

1 Like

Hi!
I finally got approved. Looking forward to helping the community and learning form it.

3 Likes
  1. I donā€™t remember much since it was years ago but my friend showed me and I ended up making an account but then got hacked and another which I forgot my pass and so on.

2. Around a year ago I tried to develop but just gave up after a few days but suddenly a month or two ago I had some encouragement probably from watching the dev king seeing him make all these cool creations and Iā€™m glad I came.

3. I gotta say my main goal in scripting right now is getting better at making powers/abilities I really wanna make stuff like that and I am getting OK so far and my best one is probably the detroit smash from the anime, My Hero Academia.

4. None yet Iā€™m pretty sure but I hope to have the title, Scripter or something like that and soon maybe builder since thatā€™s something I definitely wanna work on.

5. I guess all I got to say now is that Iā€™m super excited to continue my journey through scripting and meet new people, create fun games and just have fun :smile:

1 Like
  • How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox by watching a youtuber that later stopped playing it but when I started playing Roblox at the first view I didnā€™t liked it but after playing hours (literally) I loved the game and found out that some friends played it too and since that day, I play roblox :]

• How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I started trying to reply on the ā€˜ā€˜Enroll in the Roblox Beta Program 2021ā€™ā€™ but later found out that I needed the member trust level but that was a problem for me because I didnā€™t know how to get that so I watched a lot of tutorial but the unique problem was that I was very lazy to read a lot and after reading a lot I got a green notification but I was like ā€˜ā€˜arenā€™t they blue?ā€™ā€™ and when I saw the notification that I got promoted to member I got very hyped about that.

• Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Currently I have none bc Iā€™m new here lol.

• What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I would be a Builder bc I like to build things on studio including bday surprises like I did to flex gamingxx for his bday and he was happy about it.

• Anything else you would like to include
    e

1 Like