Introduction thread for new forum members

Welcome! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

Want to follow the same introduction format as it is telling us to do but why not be unique?

Nahā€¦

Lets see hereā€¦ I originally found ROBLOX when I joined in 2013 just browsing the internet and I literally stumbled across it. My beginnings were pretty noobish, built stuff with free models and stuff, I know, such a noob. Didnā€™t even know that you could just use / to chat! I used bubble chat for awhile.

My current goals are just to be able to practice what I am doing, to try to find new stuff to discover, and to discover these with other people in the development community. Back in April of 2017 I started doing some testing with UV Mapping decals with Mardemon1 onto guns, to test a new system that we eventually gave up on, and now I am mostly just a builder of projects and ideas that would seem neat to re-create from real-life onto ROBLOX.

I feel like I have made this long enough, but it is nice to be here with fellow developers!

EDIT
Oh yeah achievements, stopped being a noob I guess?

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy your stay!

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

1: I found ROBLOX through my older brother. I always played the games he played because I wanted to hang out with him. He didnā€™t like me so thatā€™s the only way I could talk to him.
2: I worked with fashion groups and got into building. Now i just stick bricks together
3: i want to make a game with my scripter bud
4: Iā€™m a primarily a builder but I can design and do graphic art as well (:
5: its good to be here! I forgot I applied, but 6 months later long and behold

2 Likes

Welcome :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

aw ily jojo

Heya! Iā€™m Niko!

Iā€™ve been scripting for around a year now, and Iā€™ve learned so much from the games Iā€™ve made so far. I originally found ROBLOX when my younger brother (also known as DayZ613) was playing the game on his computer. He was playing some game with bulldozers, so when he said ROBLOX, I heard it as ā€œRoad Blocksā€. So when I actually began playing it, I never imagined what I would be getting into for the next 4 years.

I spent a lot of time playing games. Iā€™d always change what I would play every single day. One day I found the game Dreams of Greatness by Stickmasterluke. I fell in love with the game, and stuck with that for around a year and a half. I knew almost nothing about LUA at the time, so developing seemed like magic to me. Due to the nature of this game, people would generally either leave and never come back after a few minutes, or stay with it forever. I had grown so attached to the game, I wanted to create my own version of it. So in July 2017, I did just that (With Stickā€™s permission, of course).

The game was called Battle to Infinity. I didnā€™t make it by myself however, I had friends help me, since I still knew nothing about coding games. One day, the scripter went on vacation before an important release. This forced me to look at the scripts of the game, and I played around with them. I found out how to type certain lines of code and what they did, and eventually was able to create small scripts. When the scripter never came back, I realized I had to do it myself. This forced learning process caused me to become better than I ever thought I could be, and then brought me further as to create bigger games, with unique concepts, rather than just a copy of someone elseā€™s game.

In November 2017, I created Tycoon Simulator, which took me around 3 weeks to create. This game, excluding the thumbnail and icon, was made entirely by myself. Originally, I never thought the game would get far, but after some small ads, I found myself at nearly one thousand online players. At one point, it even climbed to four thousand players at one point. Shortly after that, however, I made a small mistake in the code of the game, which caused everyone to get infinite cash. Without any backups of data, I was forced to reset everything, which of course led to most of the player base leaving. I fixed my mistakes, and improved the game further. I still continue to make games mainly as a scripter, continuing to improve my skills, following the motto ā€œCreate, Improve, Repeat.ā€

8 Likes

Seems like youā€™ve been around! Welcome to the Developer Forum community! :smile:

3 Likes

Firstly, Iā€™d like to say hello to everybody! So I got accepted 7 months ago but only just realised it as my email was marked as read but I forgot about it, anyway let me introduce myself,

Iā€™m WizzyDev and I found roblox back in 2014 I think when I started as a guest, I was really into that original ā€œWelcome to roblox building!ā€ game, thatā€™s where I sort of started on development, a little while later I came across the studio and next thing you know I was developing for all sorts of people, and they were all very happy with my results, my current achievements would be working for Hope Theatre for a short period of time when they were larger, I also developed for some smaller groups and I currently am in multiple building groups, such as Hidden Developers, Innovation Inc., etc. My goals would be to become a more known successful developer and to try get better at lua, my role in the community is mainly builder but I can do some GFX and I know the basics of UIs.

Thatā€™s all really, thanks for reading this long boring paragraph!

-WizzyDev

2 Likes

Yo. Iā€™m Intended_Pun and I started playing Roblox back in 2011 on my first account, Klink45. I got serious about developing in 2016, so I started fresh by making this account. I discovered Roblox through ads. I have 93,856,392 unfinished games and 2 that I actually released. I was also active in the Scripters subforums before they closed down. Glad to be a new member here!

3 Likes

Good to see you again! Welcome!

2 Likes

Hey Jarod! Cool to see youā€™re here as well

3 Likes

Welcome @NikoSquared, @WizzyDev and @Intended_Pun.

Hope you enjoy your stay at the DevForum. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Amazing! Welcome to the DevForum!

2 Likes

Welcome! :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome :smiley:

3 Likes