Introduction thread for new forum members

Welcome, Endless!!

1 Like

Welcome! I love your creativity on your edits and your builds. Nice range of skills :slight_smile:

I am sure you will provide a big contribution to the community! Welcome!

Hey Chris! Finally you are here!

Hey guys! Happy to be here, hope I can contribute to the forum.

Hey!!

Welcome.

Hey everyone! :wave:

I started out building small projects and understanding the actual platform itself. Took a long time to understand how to do things in studio. Around a year since I started, I picked up UI designing and Programming and thats where a lot of my development started to shape.

I have made many UIs in the past, mostly unfinished but well polished onces and tried to script as many as I could to animate them. This gave me a bigger understanding of how the platform works and how UI desiging works too! Even limitations on Lua itself. Thus became much better at the 3d side of development and mathematical side of my work. I plan to help other developers in these fields if they are searching for solutions.

I have been developing on roblox for 5 years now and would concider myself a pretty good programmer in Lua and other langauges as well. I would also consider myself a good UI designer with lots of knowledge. Most of my work today is primarily programming. I still do some UI design but not as much as I used to.

Looking foward to seeing all the cool projects and topics you all have to offer!

2 Likes

Hi everybody!

I’ve been building things on Roblox since I first joined in 2013. I started out with the stamper tool and eventually graduated to Roblox studio. Throughout the years I have built a ton of places and I feel like I have greatly improved my skills since I first started. I really enjoy creating neighborhoods and houses, I always have a lot of fun when I’m working on them. My goal right now is to make things that people enjoy. I’m looking forward to participating in discussions and sharing some of my work.

I’m very happy to be on the devforum!

2 Likes

Welcomeee!! Happy to have you. :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome!! :grin:

2 Likes

o hi

Welcome to the Forum, where all stuff happens.
(Welcome to you too @WatermelonArray, can only reply to one person at a time :tongue:)

1 Like

How did you find Roblox? - I found it in the summer of 2012 when visiting my cousin Ryan in North Carolina

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform? - I was invited to work on a project led by Un1t3dM0d3lz with @2Hex , @LukeyBuild , and The_Frame on a project that we do not talk about anymore and I’ve been doing this for 4 years now.

Current goals/achievements on the platform - My goal is to dev-ex to prove to my mother that this hobby isn’t a “waste of my time” and to win another bloxy award.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc) - I’m an everything guy. A jack of all traits. My favorites are Building, Mesh making, and Texturing

Anything else you would like to include - @Repotted @GodzGalaxy : Thanks for everything guys. I wouldn’t be here without you two inspiring me.
@LilyRBLX : Thanks for putting me on the way track to the devforum! I appreciate it SO MUCH!

1 Like

Hi, it has been one of my goals within the past year, to be accepted into the developer forums. I believe, as an aspiring developer, it will help me learn from some of the most experienced developers in the ROBLOX community. I have just turned 15, and I have found ROBLOX in 2011, as one of my childhood friends have shown me the game. When it comes to getting started with development, I started with terrain. Back then, many people needed help with terrain for their games. After terrain, I just started to branch out towards many other things, such as animation and building.

My current goals are to learn even more about animation, modelling, and terraining. But also, to branch out to even more areas, such as scripting. I believe that being on the forum will help me succeed in these areas, I am truly honored to be here! ;D

When it comes to my role in the developer community, I know at least a little of everything (excluding scripting). As of right now, my main focuses are terrain, building, thumbnail designing, and animation!

Once again, thank you so much for inviting me. I’m excited to be with all of you!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Welcome Lucky!!

1 Like

Welcome F0x!

1 Like

Welcome sir!

To begin, my foundation in Roblox began in 2012 when I found the game after I was recommended it by one of my close friends. I originally played the game Base Wars until I lost interest and started playing other FPS games that were surfacing around that time. One of these games was the original seeds sent out by ROLVe into the community. From here I began development, learning how to build and code while ultimately learning my greatest skill public relations. My goal is that in time I would eventually end up running the community surrounding ROLVe and their games surmounting over 20k discord players and 263 Million overall players. Currently, I have a personal goal to become a developer relations intern within Roblox and eventually a developer relations staff member. I have been documenting this process on Twitter step by step! Overall I would say that my role in the developer community is rather complicated, I surface as a developer but I would indefinitely call myself a Public Relations worker. I would say this because once again I have exceptional skills in management, communications, and creativity and I love working with people! In the end, I want to thank everyone that helped me along the way from Mightybaseplate, to PrimeRBX and Fangous! I hope to do great things!

5 Likes