Introduction thread for new forum members

it’s good enough

Welcome! Can’t wait to see what you do here!

1 Like

Welcome!

Hello, I am glad to have finally been accepted. I am Xarentho_s, but could be also known as LordGarf. I have been a member for just over 7 years on multiple different accounts due to not allowing name changes back in the day.
I got into building on ROBLOX about 4 or 5 years ago just being bored and building anything I thought was helpful or useful for that era, now I’m currently building a few different projects of my own for an upcoming Horror game. I’d say the most I personally feel I’ve achieved is having the capability of finishing a project & it getting published, it takes time to make perfection and I feel that once it is completed, a sigh of relief occurs.
My role within the developer community would be a builder, I enjoy building anything that springs to mind or if people feel I could do it, that boost of confidence allows me to focus and get it done. I can edit a small amount of scripts, but it isn’t much.

I would like to thank the Developer Relations Team for accepting me into this, and hopefully, I can become a full member in no time. I would also like to include that tix should be brought back, I really miss tix…

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Rorien, and I’m very grateful for being accepted into the forums.

And I think I found about Roblox in mid 2014 where my sister was playing a roleplay game, and I thought the game was interesting in that we could change our avatars and do different things in one game. I officially joined on the last day of 2014!

I started developing a year after I joined due to my curiosity of how players developed the games on Roblox, I practiced building as well as clothing and UI designing. After designing clothes, I’d build a store in-game with the f3x tool, but we couldn’t do that anymore so I was forced to really understand Roblox’s Studio:sweat_smile:

My current goal on Roblox is to become a programmer to add to my other skills and create a fun game someday, I am currently working hard on that!

In the developer community my role is a Builder, and I also design clothing and make UIs.
I am super excited to be part of this community, I can’t wait to make new friends, learn new things, and possibly help others in need!:woman_mechanic:t5:

3 Likes

Welcome!!!

Welcome!!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome! If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

2 Likes

I found roblox in I think 2011, when I was 8 or 9. I have always been building since I joined although they were bad for awhile. My brother and I made a clone wars group and I developed for it. I think I did okay with using lots of free models. The game was honestly good for its time I believe. For awhile I developed random games for military groups and star wars groups without using ANY tutorials on it. It just ran its course and I figured everything out on my own. Still today I have not seen one tutorial on building… except for the Build V4 plugin. I never learned to script until November 2017, and I watched peas factory. I am now good at scripting but there’s still stuff that I don’t know. I have made 2 games, a tycoon and a strategy game. They tycoon has strategy to it though. The strategy game is when you command tanks and attack the enemy. It was really good but had too many bugs so now I am making a version two that is far better. I am a Builder and programmer.

3 Likes

Welcome! If you have any questions about the forum you can PM me!

1 Like

Welcome!!

1 Like

Hello i’m Rusty, short for my username. rustyhuskey.

I’ve found roblox on my tablet in ~2012 and at that time my tablet didn’t do anything worth a charge! I’ve installed roblox onto my tablet and tried, and I was greatly disappointing by it crashing…

Few years later I got a laptop, still may not be the best, but roblox worked for some great time and by the time I got my laptop I forgot my first user, but by this time I was 12 and loved playing cart ride games since that was the hit in 2014. by 2015 I’ve decided to get a PC and install roblox on it and this is when I finally saw studio, now I’ve noticed it was a little hard to start, but I’ve pushed myself to build upon free models at first and then kept pushing to tutorials on youtube and start building and til this day in 2016 ish I knew LUA alittle bit.

I kept pushing until today I can do just about anything in LUA.

I’m still pushing and i’m basically a Programmer.

Thank you,
rustyhuskey, Rusty

4 Likes

Welcome! If you need help with anything on the forum feel free to shoot me a message!

2 Likes

Hey Rusky!!

1 Like

Don’t forget the original Lumber Tycoon, Black Magic, obbies, and all the tycoons in 2014, lol.

2 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

-I found roblox from my brother discovering it in an advertisement back in late 2007. I decided to create my own account in 2008.
-I started developing when I saw what everyone else was making and decided to make a hobby out of learning programming on roblox.
-My goal on roblox is to hopefully have a game that is sponsored by a movie(like the jurassic world one) or roblox themselves.
-I basically do everything except for art, but I mainly focus on programming. I’m also not keen on building.

2 Likes

Heyyo!!

hi, i’m rookie1223, but my friends usually refer to me as “rook” or “ruki”.

i found roblox through my siblings and it’s been like, nine years since i’ve been on roblox.
as much as it sounds embarrassing, i guess i really found a place for developing was during the 2013 egg hunt where you had to upload a model to earn this certain egg. although i just built a poorly made traffic cone and uploaded it. i honestly don’t have any goals but my achievement is being known for the guy who makes the muscular noobs.
i’m a builder, i can also animate and rig stuff too.
i never thought i’d be here

3 Likes