Introduction thread for new forum members

Small assets do you mean swords and boxes? Also, welcome to the devforum.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! No; I mean full-sized maps! I never was contracted only for a specific asset.

2 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m Astrometrics but some of you might know me as L43Q!

I discovered Roblox in October 2010 after seeing an ad for the site somewhere on the internet. Over the next year, I spent my free time playing games on Roblox as well as Runescape and Minecraft, two games which were much more popular in my primary school at the time.

I first started learning to script at some point during 2011-2012 using Pighead10ā€™s YouTube tutorials. At this point I was quite young (only around 9/10) so didnā€™t dedicate much time or concentration to learning. I returned to scripting around 2014 using PeasFactoryā€™s videos. At this point, I was much more eager to learn after seeing the work my friends could pull off! Peaspodā€™s tutorials made learning Lua fun and easy, and it gave me the required knowledge so I could continue my ā€˜studiesā€™ on the Roblox Wiki.

Ever since, I have been scripting more and more, and I released my first big project in late February this year! Itā€™s grown much faster than I expected, and Iā€™m expecting it to hit 1,000,000 visits in the next week. Iā€™m currently working on rebuilding my game as a lot of the code is inefficient - Iā€™ve learnt a lot since the game was released and starting from scratch seemed the best option. This will be released as an update to the current game, and will come with a complete rebrand to differentiate my game from other similar titles.

On the Roblox platform, I see myself as more of a programmer, although I also enjoy UI Design and Composition. For all my games so far, I have been the sole developer (bar some community-made maps) so I like to think that Iā€™m an all-rounder! (Just donā€™t trust me with building anything :joy:)

Iā€™m really excited to finally join the Developer Forum! I sent my first application in September 2017 and never heard back, so Iā€™m really grateful to finally be accepted. I also attended RDC Europe this year, and it was great to meet so many Roblox developers, staff and idols. I hope to go next year and meet even more amazing people!

2 Likes

Glad to meet you.

2 Likes

And you :smile:

2 Likes

Hey there! Iā€™m completely honored to become a New Member of the Developer Forums! I must say, Iā€™ve lost count on how many months Iā€™ve waited to join this, but it was definitely worth it. Now here is a small introduction about me.

Where do I startā€¦ Well, my username is coolkingll. Iā€™m known for my Graphic Designs (GFX).
I started creating GFX 3 years ago and Iā€™ve been hooked ever since. Iā€™ve worked with countless groups since then and I will continue to do so.
As a kid, my friends and I would always play Roblox together and I would always admire the amazing thumbnails people had created on the games we played. Seeing other peopleā€™s work really inspired me to make my own. So, I started practicing, watching tutorials, asking other designers and I finally got a grasp of it. Although I am a Graphical Designer, I am fairly interested in programming and plan to study it through my education.

Iā€™ve joined the Developer Platform because I wanted to be more involved on Roblox and wanted to connect to other designers just like me. I also wanted to help others who are struggling with programs like Cinema 4D and give feedback to their GFX. I also wanted to receive feedback on my own GFX to help me improve and become better.

I look forward to discover new things and develop new relations. Iā€™m super excited! Thank you for inviting me! :smiley:

My Portfolio: Deviantart

You can also look at this small poster Iā€™ve created showing off some of the designs Iā€™ve made instead.

9 Likes

Amazing gfx my dude! Also welcome to the dev forum,.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Glad to be here and meet you.

1 Like

Hi there! My name is Ruppyi,
I am the proud owner of Hour Of Terror and many other games I develop! I started in 2016 on roblox, and I now have over 16,000 members inside my main group ā€œHour Of Terrorā€.

My current goals are, making sure every player that play my games are happy and safe during their time on ROBLOX.

My role in developer community is GFX, BUILDE etc.

Thank you for letting me join!

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad to meet you. Welcome to the DevForums!

2 Likes

Welcome! if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all, I was just accepted in the dev forums. I joined Roblox in 2008 with my previous account ā€œmangamageā€ after seeing an ad online. I am the main creator of a survival-combat-roleplaying game named The Northern Frontier. Iā€™m currently working on my next project and I look forward to collaborating with users and sharing ideas and concepts on all aspects of development. Iā€™m currently into building, scripting, interface design and music composition.

Iā€™m glad I was accepted in the development forums and Iā€™m off to the Collaboration section to look for an active builder for my next project!

5 Likes

Hello, welcome to the developer forums!

2 Likes

whats up im lone

9 Likes

welcome to the devforum lone
its a pleasure

2 Likes

Hey!

I joined Roblox first in, uh, late 2009, for reasons I canā€™t remember. My sole claim to fame is being a (one of two) lead developer for the currently-ancient (and totally not dead, guys! Honest!) game Survival 303. I consider myself mostly a programmer, though I dabble in UI design too.

Right now Iā€™m working on a dungeon crawler/top-down shooter game titled ā€œStarnautsā€, and am super happy to be here!

1 Like

Hello
I discovered Roblox when my friend wanted me to get it 3 years ago. The first game I played was ā€œNatural Disaster Survivalā€ and i loved it.

A few days later I discovered how to make games, and so my friend and I played a game I made using toolbox models and terrain.

Inspired by this, I decided to try making an actual game.

I watched a tutorial on YouTube about how to make a lobby system in Roblox studio. I was a fast learner, and already knowing Java I learned the basics of Lua pretty fast.

A year later, I release a game called, ā€œThe Super Meme Factoryā€ (I know how sad it is but it has 10k visits so). I tried making a game off of a tycoon kit, and it worked quite well. I even added my own mechanics like a clicker leader-board, a weapons shop, and 3 floors. I was proud of it at the time.

My main goal on Roblox is to adopt a fan-base. I want to create a community around my games. My games may be bad, but each time Iā€™m making/updating a game, Iā€™m improving.

Iā€™m mostly known as doing scripting and gui design.

Thanks for reading

1 Like

Why hello there, it appears my god-like skills have clearly proven itā€™s way to the DevForums, Iā€™m thrilled!

Iā€™m reddust1, I joined ROBLOX sometime during 2014 and started development work around November 2017.
Specifically, my work has been consisting of programming and GUI creation in things Iā€™ve worked on and Iā€™m well chuffed that I got invited into the DevForum. I look forward to helping others with Lua as well as asking for help myself from time to time with my odd problem here and there. Again, Iā€™m very glad I got accepted, when I saw the email invite, my day was made.

I look forward to interacting with the DevForum community.

i found roblox just by looking up ā€œhow to make games.ā€ i originally found scratch, but, moved onto roblox rather quickly since it was 3d and not 2d
plus, at the time, it was targeted at teens and not just in a general audience, so, it suited me at the time. i experimented with lua 2 years after i wasnā€™t obsessed with kirby anymore (hence my username), and i created passion projects based on franchises i loved. my current goal is just to make a game people like a lot.
iā€™m a programmer, builder, ui/graphic designer, artist, you name it. iā€™ve been self-taught and iā€™m learning something new every day.

artwork can be seen on my tumblr, twitter, etc; theyā€™re not the best for children due to profanity, however, tumblr is the most safe. it showcases most of my work within the past year(s) and i think it reflects my work well.

that is allā„¢

Whatā€™s popping DevForum squadron.

Iā€™m XrxshadowxXā€”some also know me as Punchyā€”and have been a member of Roblox since late 2010. Developing on Roblox has always been an interest of mine but up until these couple recent years I had never pursued development as a serious job. I hope to grow my skills as a developer and create a complete game while to continuing to cultivate my creative interests through the platform. While I have basic programming knowledge, I mostly build and model. In addition, in the near future I hope to start doing GFX.

I am very excited to have been accepted into this community and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful creations you guys come up with, and hopefully contribute content that is just as great. Thank you for reading

1 Like