Introduction thread for new forum members

Hey there, I’m Zaytones and I’m new to the developer forums!

• How did you find Roblox?
    I actually found it through my younger brother and sister when they were playing obbies and tycoon-based games.

• How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I originally wanted to become a programmer, since most of my friends were. But, I ended up building things for the fun of it, and I’ve loved building ever since. I originally started out specifically as a builder for cafe/restaurant-based groups.

• Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Achievements: I have 6 million value from trading (3.2 million RAP), I’ve worked for various groups with high reputations - some of those currently being Trade. (119k+ members) and Breezy’z (20k+ members), and I’ve made tons of friends along the way.
    Goals: To join the QA testers, to have a front-page game or to be involved with a group that designs one, to hit 10 million value from trading, and to hopefully attend one of the Roblox developer conferences. .

• What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I love building, but I also enjoy creating very bad quality GFX and I enjoy managing projects.

• Anything else you would like to include
    Feel free to message me if you want some critiques/assistance with any projects.

@Zaytones @Mr_Nathan Welcome to the developer forums!

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

How did you find Roblox?

: Advertisements back in 2008, started playing on my first account back then, was very intrigued by the freedom of creativity in Roblox. Spent quite a long time playing Build, Roleplay & Fight back then. Though I was 10 years younger than I am now. So yes I made that amateur mistake of using my real name online thus the account renewal at some point :sweat_smile:

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

: Game development had always been something I was passionate about, I’m that kid in school who would make games in his notebook ( Those page turning games etc. ). So when I first figured out that Roblox allowed all users to design their own games, I did not waste any time to explore that section. It wasn’t common to find a game-making platform back in 2008 that could nurture my creativity while making it still relevant to someone with zero knowledge on the foundations and core mechanics of game development.

Current goals/achievements on the platform

: Thinking about it, while I have spent a long time on the platform, I haven’t really made anything significant enough for me to call it an achievement. If possible I’d like to keep myself in the mindset of looking outwards always. Trying not to get comfortable, knowing myself, the comfort of acknowledging that I have achieved something may tone down the amount of effort I put into my goals here and lower the quality of my performance in game-development. In regards to my goals, the first goal at the moment is to get to 1 million place visits and 500 regulars. I’m also working towards releasing major projects in hopes to make a breakthrough with them, this while not dropping the quality of the current games.

What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)

: I’m mainly a programmer, but I also try to handle the other skillsets required for game-development on my own as I wish to thrive as an indie developer to benefit myself more in the long run considering the amount of new skillsets I can learn and grow on ! Not a fan of telling myself I can’t do something :smiley:

Anything else you would like to include

: Most definitely, I’d like to send my appreciation towards both the Roblox Community and the Roblox Staffs. This platform have helped nurture my abilities in game development so much that it is simply unbelievable how much I have learnt and improved over the years from simply exploring game-development out of pure passion and curiosity. It have helped me discover so many new skillsets, connected me to amazing developers, opened so many opportunities and justified my pride in calling game-development a dream. To David Baszucki, Erik Cassel, all the roblox staffs from the older generation to the newer generation, and the ever-growing community, thank you guys so much for making all of this possible ! :muscle:

1 Like

I didn’t even know i was in the devforum until recently. Epic.

Hi, my name is Arjun, and also known as Cooortz or Coo.

I’m a Rookie Builder and trying to improve on the way. I’m trying to learn everything i can in ROBLOX, and hope to be successful in the future, through experiences with working together with other Developers.

And hoping to make a good relationship with the community!

6 years and I am finally here, this is absolutely amazing.

Well just to start off, my name is DJ, known as “Accidental” on ROBLOX or Accidentaldeveloper.

I am a 13 year old developer, been on roblox since 2009 (yes, I have been playing since I was 4 years old, as my brother registered for me as all I did was press arrow keys and play games such as Complex by Spyro, Fencing, and much more)

I am a Featured Games Developer, with over 8,000,000 total visits, with games of mine making appearances on the featured list such as “Rebirth”, & “Ducky Derby.”

I am so thankful and honored to be accepted and welcomed into this forum, looking forward to a lot to come.

Twitter
ROBLOX Profile

2 Likes

Welcome to the Developer Forum. If you got any questions feel free to send me a PM. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also welcome @Cooortz and @Zenuvius

2 Likes

Hello, I’m CanadianDevKelly. I had found Roblox when I was 12 years old, my friends had shown me this game.

I always loved building lego and another things, so when I found roblox first thing I headed to was the “create” selection.

Right now I do not have any current goals, because I had achieved all the goals I had set for myself as a Roblox developer. I have made 3 front page games and have one of my games featured right now.

In the Roblox developer community, I am Builder & GFX artist.

1 Like

CanadianDevKelly welcome to the Developer Forum!

Thanks for the warm welcoming :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!

I found Roblox in 2008 when it was pretty new, my friend HomingBeacon showed it to me. I started developing almost immediately just starting with building but I eventually became a scripter a couple years later. I started learning how to script from the wiki page and then I began editing others’ scripts and learning from the scripting helpers forum on Roblox when it existed.

My current goals on Roblox are to become a successful developer and be able to start dev-exing for some extra income if not eventually my only income. I have made some pretty cool UIs and scripts in the past and currently I am working on a game that I am pretty proud of so far. My role here is mainly a programmer however I also have experience with GUIs and due to taking a break from development at one point I am learning some of the new techniques for GUIs. I’m happy to be in this forum and hope I can develop some good relationships with other developers for mutual success.

Thanks,

ShadyBlue!

Welcome!

Heyo o/! I’m Rainby, glad to be here!

I found Roblox from a friend in 2013; I started as a dude just making fanart (yup, I’m an artist) for a couple years but began to post my work on Twitter last year, and here I am now! I’ve managed to grow on Twitter, which probably counts as an achievement, taken a ‘couple’ commissions, but I would hope to contribute more on Roblox itself, whether it’s thumbnails or anything else :'D

I don’t really know what else to add, I’m really awful at introductions but I hope to have an awesome time here! I look forward to seeing what’s in store.

4 Likes

Welcome!!
ITS BEEN FAR TOO LONG FRIEND.

2 Likes

Thanks for having me, I am JangofettAlex and I have been on Roblox since early 2010.

Started developing 2015 where I first made Vehicles and Helmets but since then I’ve made most types of weaponry and military themed stuff. I’ve had several war themed groups with moderate success but things are currently looking good for the future. Also started work on a call of duty zombies inspired game since starbattle’s old games are now broken, can only hope it takes off eventually.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Welcome to the Developer Forum!

Greetings and salutations!

I am RedByDesign, and I’ve been around Roblox since late 2008.
I was recommended by multiple friends and fellow developers to put in the effort to learn a developer skill. As such, I began learning to program. My current goal is to continue guiding the community group I’m in so that we may improve our game and expand our fan-base. As a programmer, I’m looking to improve my skills in order to grow with the talented individuals I work with daily. I’m somewhat shy on forums and will be focusing heavily on the welfare of my group, so I’ll let the work speak for itself. Thanks again to the staff members who extended this lucrative opportunity.

Kind regards,
Red

1 Like

Welcome! :wave:

1 Like

Welcome to the DevForum!! From John…

Welcome the DevForum!