Introduction thread for new forum members

Hi, guys! I found roblox oddly enough at school. I mostly have played building type games in which have then lead me to start building in roblox studio. My current goal is to become an excellent scripter aka programmer. My role is mostly building but also programming. I have made a few games with my brother in which he is an awesome programmer but nothing that has become like popular or anything. Which is okay I mostly just have fun creating stuff kinda like its a game of it own ya know.

1 Like

Welcome @Lauri9, @forstaken and @lolmefunnyjm to the community!

2 Likes

Welcome to the devforum, @lolmefunnyjm, @forstaken, and @Lauri9!! :grinning:

1 Like

AAAAAAA WELCOME!!! The stuff you post on twitter are phenomenal! Its great having you here finally!! Welcome welcome welcome! :tada:

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcomes xD

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Arkion/Akira, Iā€™ve been a developer on roblox for about 3 years now and Iā€™ve really been trying to get into the forums for a long time now and I finally got accepted. Iā€™m honored to be a part of this.

Iā€™m seventeen years old, my passion for developing sparked around when I joined ROBLOX.
Just the idea of being able to let your own imagination go wild was amazing to me.
Since then Iā€™ve worked on multiple projects as a scripter and a graphics artist. Mainly the first one though
as the second one only applies if thereā€™s nobody else in the team that can take over that job.
But yeah, thatā€™s basically how it all started and Iā€™m still going strong working on hopefully amazing games.

Thank you so much for accepting me!

2 Likes

Hey there, @akira_w! We are proud to welcome to the Forums. I can not wait to see you grow in this fabulous community of nice and kind people!

If you have any questions about the Program, shoot me a DM. I can always help if you need it.

:wave:

3 Likes

Hi guys! My name is decrescendos and Iā€™m so excited to finally be apart of the devforums!

Iā€™ve been on ROBLOX since 2012, and I instantly fell in love with the clothing aspect of it. As a result, I tried my hand at clothing design, and Iā€™ve been a designer for roughly two and a half years. In addition, Iā€™ve attempted building, but thatā€™s still a work in progress, haha.

My current goal on the platform is to just create more assets, hopefully eventually spreading into commissions for games, as well as building a few games of my own.
Iā€™m stoked to be here, hopefully Iā€™ll get to work with some of you in the future!!

2 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m new to the DevForum scene, but have been developing on ROBLOX since 2013. (I joined in 2011) My current interests currently revolve around Science Fiction/Fantasy based games, and Iā€™m well rounded in both programming and modeling.

I hope to get new insights into the ROBLOX community and the platform on here, and I hope I get to post my hard work for everyone to appreciate.

Hoping to make great contributions in the future, and get some great games out there for people to play!

2 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Hi Tofuu,
Welcome. I am new to the Dev Forum too. Just wanted to thank you for making a TY of my game Growing Up. Since your video, it has become quite popular, due to you. If I can help you in some way, let me know (PM). Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Aleksandar ( kreedzzr ) and I am very pleased that I joined this forum! I am mainly a modeler and builder, have ~6 years experience in Blender and Photoshop.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am glad to participate in this forum.

My Roblox name is TexWillerHS and I am a programmer. I have some background in web development (especially with Java) and have interest in learning more about Roblox development. I also have a YT channel.

I am looking forward to learn and collaborate with the community.

Best regards,
Tex

1 Like

Hello everyone!!

Iā€™m Radiill or Barbara and I am a Hungarian digital artist.

I have been playing Roblox for 5 years at this point and it has given me a lot of opportunities including the invitation here.

I am looking forward to working and talking with you guys! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@kreedzzr
@TexWillerHS
@Radiill

Welcome to the Developer Forum Community!

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Ed. I came to Roblox in 2009 under a different account when I was 10, I played roblox with alot of friends in real life. Around 2017 I started building/Scripting and this took me to a WHOLE new world. The roblox dev community has treated me with nothing but respect and i owe that to alot of you.
My current goals is to just get better and improving. Iā€™d also love to meet a whole bunch of new people while Iā€™m at it. Iā€™m currently strictly Building at the moment.All I have to say is thank you for such kindness in this community.

2 Likes

Wussup everyone,

Its ur homi Teach, been pending to get on the forums ever since Roblox shutdown the Scripting and OT forums.

Hmu if anyones tryna collab in any way. Iā€™m a rly cool dud.

2 Likes
  • I found ROBLOX by referral from one of my friends, years ago, who told me about the developing and playing features of ROBLOX. When I started playing games, I was impressed by the quality of the games, especially many of the front page games.
    *I eventually got started developing when I went into ROBLOX studio and began to play around with the blocks and such, and simply figured things out from there.
    *I think one of my goals on the platform is definitely to improve my building skills, and be able to script basically. My achievements are being able to create semi-detailed small buildings, and entrances.
    *My role is a Builder.
    *I donā€™t think I have anything else to include.
1 Like

Hey guys, whats up! My name is Chris, also known as 2cool2beawesome. Iā€™m so excited for this opportunity to collaborate with other developers on a high-quality forum!

• How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox around six years ago. Back then, I used to play the browser-based game Poptropica religiously, and the ad for Roblox popped up consistently enough I finally clicked it. Iā€™ve been on Roblox ever since, playing it a little less often during year 3 and going back to normal activity a few months into year 3.

• How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I started developing roughly three months ago. At that time, I only knew how to move, resize, translate, rotate, and change basic properties in the properties and quick access bar. Eventually, after taking apart other developers creations, I figured out how to use negatives and unions, and how to utilize more specialized properties, like lights, touch detection, and forces.

• Current goals/achievements on the platform
    My current goal, a goal that Iā€™m already on my way to realizing, is to make an RP game series that fixes the issues that CSOM had while still being for accessible to the general public than a hardcore game like Firestone.

• What is your role in the developer community?
    I work as a builder and mesh designer, utilizing Blender and occasionally 3DS MAX.

I co-own and co-run Redline Interactive, a Discord-based development studio with around 200 members. I function as the CEO, overseeing staff and basic game development. I currently spearhead development in our current project, A Cold Breeze in Alma.

1 Like

I got started on Roblox when a friend told me about an airport group he made. I started off playing at his house, and quickly was having fun playing at home. Of course, an airport group is incomplete when it doesnā€™t have an airport. Although I was just placing free models mainly, I started making airports for the group and that was how I got started with Studio. Later on, I met a graphic designer who tutored me in using blender for graphics work; however it did not interest me greatly so I learned to build in Studio and was able to apply skills from graphics work to modelling in Blender.

I unfortunately struggle with having a negative attitude towards my work, so I tend to quickly stop projects because I just donā€™t appreciate my work as I should. Therefore, I donā€™t have any completed projects to list as achievements, though I am still proud of the pieces of projects I have completed. However, I have found a project I am passionate for that should release in several months, which is a solo project with some commissioned pieces.

As far as goals, I donā€™t have anything fancy to say. I hope to attend RDC2019 or RDC2020, and otherwise just grow my passion for developing and start profiting off of it. I do also hope to begin scripting as well.

I am a builder, modeler, and in my past I have been a graphic designer though I do little with that work now.

2 Likes