Introduction thread for new forum members

Why thank you, I’ll be sure to contact you if I have relevant questions ! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello everyone!! I’m PlantChampion. While I do some graphics in my game, I’m mainly a scripter.
I found Roblox while reading the comments of the developer blog of Survivalcraft (a mobile blocks game). Someone mentioned that if they’re not playing that game, they play Roblox. I’ve never heard of that before, so I became curious, searched for it, and I didn’t regret that decision! I got really hooked on playing Roblox that I wanted to create my own game. My first proper game was a Tycoon which is based off 2PGFT by berezaa which was one of my (and my friends’) most favorite games in the platform. I learned how to script by trying to make stuff for my game and using the Roblox wiki as the reference.
My current goals on the platform are the 190K+ visits on my game, Ore Tycoon and the 5M+ visits on its reboot, Ore Tycoon 2 which was also featured on Mobile/Tablets this year :tada:
I can’t wait to start contributing for this community! Thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello, I was just invited to the devforum. I started playing Roblox on about 2011, I was always obsessed with computer programming, Roblox development was the one responsible for starting it up.
Today, I can work with most common languages, I am mainly developing games with GoodByte and a full stack web developer. My skills expands to GFX,UI Designing and some Building. I am especially great with game security and complex problems.
My current goal is to see my upcoming games reach its peak.
Thanks for the invitation

1 Like

Hello!

Nice to finally see you here! Have fun exploring the developer forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Poking my nose in here once again to give a congratulations to the new members who’ve made it into the forums. Hope your stay is pleasant and you learn a few things from your fellow developers as you scroll through and interact with the forums. Best of luck in your development careers.

2 Likes

Hi there, I’m R_obotz!

• How did you find Roblox?
    It was back on 2009, I saw an ad on Roblox and I checked it out.

• How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    As I figured out that we could create anything we imagine on Roblox, I’ve watched few tutorials on YouTube and got motivation to start developing.

• Current goals/achievements on the platform
    Make an outstanding successful game on the platform while listening to players’ feedback and suggestions.

• What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I make my games by myself, I don’t collab with anyone. I’m more of a scripter than any other roles.

• Anything else you would like to include
    Glad to be part of the DevForum; it is a honor to be invited here.

1 Like

Hello,

My name is RobxSoft, you can call me Emilio if you want to. I founded roblox randomly when I was 9 years old and started the development (more specificaly the build) when I was around 11 years old. I started to build for a friend that wanted a code lyoko map to make a series. After that I continued to work on a code lyoko game. I also started also to work with someone else after. And here we go, now i’m here, in the dev forum and still working on a code lyoko game!

RobxSoft

4 Likes

Hello, I’m loertis!

I found out about Roblox on a YouTubers video around mid-2016. A current goal I have is to create a successful Roblox game. My role in the developer community is a Builder. I remember when I first started, I was extremely excited because I could build a game and other people could see my work!

1 Like

I wish you well in your projects to come! Welcome to the DevForum!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Vizstar!

I actually came across Roblox when my older brother asked me to play with him 9 years ago. I’ve been hooked ever since! Through using Roblox studio, I became accustomed to the studio interface after a year of practice, and fell in love with building whatever I wanted. My current achievements on Roblox is being able to pay for my family’s bills with the DevEx program! My role is a programmer, I have my own game.

Thank you for the invite, I look forward to meeting you all soon!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Rush! I discovered Roblox around 2012. I think I heard of it from either an ad or a friend. I quickly got addicted and played every day.
I got started with development in late 2017. I saw a game I really liked so I wanted to build something like it. After I started, I was hooked.
Some of my achievements on the Roblox platform as a developer is that I was able to devex! I was also able to come out with a game that I built. Another accomplishment of mine is that I had 140 people playing a game I built at once.
My role in the community is that I build.
I’m so excited to be here and I would really like to thank Roblox for giving me this opportunity! Super excited to see what people post! :smile:

3 Likes

Hey everyone.
I was accepted a few months prior so I’m a bit late on this thread.

• I found ROBLOX on google results back in 2011. I only used to play flash games like stick war or fish eat fish because my family bought a PC relatively late, so I really didn’t know how to do anything. When I was playing ROBLOX games I got to experience so much more, that was the first time I played with other players. It was a perfect site for me, full of silly games that I loved to play.

• I got into groups in around 2012 and I really enjoyed being a “High Rank” and managing the groups to get better. I was part of Wizard Army groups, futuristic star wars kind of groups, but mostly plain military groups. Then I finally bought BC after 3 years and I made my first group called Xalvador. Our training place always needed more things, like an auto uniform door, or a sword fighting box, or a teleporting command. And so this is when I first started to look at the scripts trying to understand them. I started to edit minor things, and eventually I could make my own models. Admittedly they were of bad quality, but they were made from scratch nonetheless.

• As of right now I’ve finished two games. Neither are popular, however, in return I received some great experience. I enjoy making models that others can use. I regularly upload models specifically targeting the needs of groups. Right now, I’m working on a “Hand To Gui” so baristas can easily transfer their coffee tools to the customers efficiently and quickly, but also easily for touchscreen device players.

• I’m a programmer. I’m decent with GUIs and animations, but my best work is done with scripts.

• I’m usually to the point in my posts (on Reddit), but I tried to give it a bit more here. Anywho, I’m glad to participate in this forum so thank you very much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey! Welcome to the dev forum! Glad you made it!

1 Like

Welcome to Devforums PlantChampion!! I hope you start finding more people to contribute with in the Devforums community!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Devforums community Rush_x! I hope you enjoy this community!

1 Like

Hey everyone! It’s nice to finally be part of the club :smile:

I heard about Roblox from a friend and was intrigued to hear that there was a platform encouraging community built games.

During a holiday I decided to watch PeasFactory’s tutorial series and very quickly got hooked on developing games in Roblox.

I hope to improve the player experience for kids on the platform one step at a time.

I’m a programmer although, I am happy to take on other roles when needed.

I’m looking forward to working with all of you, to continue improving Roblox with unique exciting experiences. :smiley:

Hi. I’m new here! I have been on Roblox for 6 years, and I am really happy to have been accepted into this wonderful community. I am looking forward to meeting new people and becoming friends with lots of people.

A little background to myself, I have been programming for 4 years and I am currently working on my first game (will be hiring some devs soon!). I have 4 years of experience with Rbxlua, 2 years experience with building, and I am currently looking into learning python to make my own discord bots!

Thats me! Thanks for reading.