Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello everyone! My name is am_brick, I am known for creating simulator type games on Roblox. I’ve known of Roblox since 2012 but didn’t know what it was about until about 2017 when I first started developing in Roblox Studio. I’ve made many games on Roblox to use as a learning experience for the next game I made, my most famous game is Ice-Cream Simulator. I am a builder and scripter, mostly I script.

1 Like

Hello fellow Robloxians! I would like to start off with a thank you for accepting me. I’ve been trying to get on here for a while now so I am so very happy :).

• How did you find Roblox?
    I found Roblox back in 2011. My best friend showed me a game where you would just run around with guns shooting people for cash to buy better guns.

• How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
    I played a lot of Sword Fighting Tournament and I really wanted to create a game so I downloaded Roblox Studio and begun self teaching myself how to script and build.

• Current goals/achievements on the platform
    I only have one current goal and that is to get a game on the front page

• What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    I’m a Builder and a Programmer, but if i had to choose one I’d definitely a Builder. I love using my imagination to build awesome looking maps or lobbies for my players to play in.

• Anything else you would like to include
    I just want to say thank you again for accepting me and giving me an amazing opportunity to learn how to program, build, and create games for the Roblox community.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for accepting me!

I found Roblox when some people were playing Natural Disaster Survival in a library. I asked what the name of the game was, and once they told me I created this account!
    I don’t remember exactly, but the most likely scenario is that I was discovering the features of Roblox and clicked the Create (named Develop at the time) button and made my first game. It was a hide and seek shooting game, and looking back it doesn’t really reflect me now, but it was a start!
    Earned some robux via gamepass.
    Reached 1k visits on one of my games (which to this day I don’t know why, it was basically free models).
    Gained a small following.
  • What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
    GFX and Builder.
    Nothing.
1 Like

Hello, I am 28Pixels.

Back in 2012 a friend told me about Roblox but I didn’t really get into until I saw my sister playing it on a phone in 2014, she let me try it and I really liked it so the next day I wanted to know if it was playable on a computer. Once I found out it was true, I immediately created an account!
    I guess I got started in 2015 when I created a free modeled hangout place where me and a couple of friends would play in. I would update it from time to time until I eventually stopped. But nowadays, I create my own builds and try to script my own things.
    My current goals on the platform is to learn scripting and create a game that gets a following. I guess I reached 100 visits in my hangout game but that was because me and some friends would be there a lot.
    I am a builder.
    I’ve actually tried quitting Roblox before but always seemed to fail, I guess I really like the platform.
1 Like

Hey! I’m a new member to the Developer Forum community. So, I found Roblox through Lego Universe; pretty sure it was an ad on their site, and I really loved Lego Universe- but sadly it got shut down, this was around 2011 or so. So I started playing Roblox, and eventually got into Lua and game development, not sure how it happened but I had a passion for making games and learning the capabilities of Lua. Current goals on the platform is to finish a project; I usually put a lot of time into a project but never really finish it. My role in this community is programmer if you didn’t already notice. And that’s pretty much it! Thanks for having me.

1 Like

Hello, I’m dylanjkl a new Roblox Developer who started out by playing games back in 2011 from an advertisement on youtube I believe, to the right of my screen for a game called Roblox.

In about 2013, I realised like most avid player’s that you could build your own virtual worlds from scratch using Roblox Studio. I let my creativity run wild as I jumped from genre to genre creating various game experiences in areas such as roleplay, clan games and first person shooters. Most of my years have been spent building, map design and landscape architecture.

My main goal has been to push myself to work harder and harder and to achieve more with every project I put out, setting the bar higher for myself to see where it takes me - so far it’s been going well and I look forward to many more years on the platform.

The goals I have in mind for the future are:

• Developing my programming knowledge
  • Advancing my digital graphics portfolio
  • Moving onto bigger more diverse projects
1 Like

Hello. This is ForbiddenJ. Happy to meet you.

I’m in the middle of a finishing-projects-I-never-finished thing, and I have a game I never completed a long time ago here, so that’s the main reason I’m active right now. I also just like the platform in general. It’s packs lots of fun!

How did you find Roblox?

A close friend of mine showed me the Murder Mystery game on Roblox back around 2014, and I played with my friend once whenever guests were still a thing, and I got hooked playing that and other games like Flood Escape on my own, eventually registering my account. Here I am now.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

Roblox put a Roblox Studio icon on my desktop at the same time that it installed. Given I messed around with Microsoft Visual Studio for a while, I wasn’t surprised that it was an IDE dedicated to Roblox development, so I played around with creating things on Roblox quite a bit.

Current goals/achievements on the platform

I built a handful of creations of varying qualities on here. The two I see as the best ones currently being Escape the Void Vortex and ForbiddenJ’s Quarry. Though I will mention I used assets from the Library to aid me with making them.

My goal right now is to finish the mining game, ForbiddenJ’s Quarry, before I go on with more of my finishing-projects-I-never-finished thing.

What is your role in the developer community?

The closest I can think of is “Software Developer”, as I mainly make entire software projects as far as game development is concerned.

Anything else you would like to include?

I already learned most of my Lua programming knowledge from Roblox, so what I learn from this forum might help me with my development efforts in general while I complete the game mentioned before, so this forum is a valuable resource to me.

Thank you for letting me be on here. I look forward to reading more from this forum, and contributing when I feel the need. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @ForbiddenJ @dylanjkl @am_brick @legosweat @jebjordan To the Community.

Hey! I’m Magicboopoo. Thank you for accepting me!

Around late 2010, one of my old friends recommended me to play Roblox. I first started playing games like Sword Fights on the Heights, Crossroads, and a few others which inspired me to become a developer.

It was completely accidental. I started learning how to program back in 2016 trying to figure out how to remake a map programmatically and so I did. I started learning the basics like Instance.new, variables, etc. I started trying to make full games and Roblox Lua was my intro to development overall.

Reached 50k visits on a game I scripted for. 3k visits on one of my own. A goal I’m trying to go for is a game with a following which is something that I’ve always struggled with.

I’m mainly a programmer but I can do GFX and UI design as well.

I don’t know why I tried to make such a deal about it but I always tried to quit Roblox back in 2015 for absolutely no reason.

Hello, I’m Mokiros.

I found Roblox in 2012 through a very small ad on a website with flash games.

I started messing around in studio in 2013, and after that I started to learn scripting by looking through scripts in free models in toolbox, and then trying to understand how they work.

Right now I don’t have any specific goals on the platform, and I’m just doing things that I feel like doing.

I am a programmer, and I know most of Lua and Roblox API.

Because of Roblox I got interested in programming, and started learning other programming languages and programming in general. Roblox has also helped me learn how game development works, and how games are created in general.

1 Like

:wave: Hello, everyone! I’m addisonshiu. I’ve been on Roblox from 2010 (I created my account from 2012).

• How did I find Roblox?
    I saw my friends playing in Roblox and they introduced this to me, I joined and found Roblox is a game platform that let people build their games and this is why I became a game builder.

When I get started, scripting and building is a really tough job to do. I used few months to know how to build GUI, script some simple stuffs. Watching tutorial video in Youtube can improve my scripting skills.

My main goal is to finish my bus sim - Sunshine Islands within 2019. Scripts, UI, the city inside the game is built by me and all buses are built by my friend. I am so proud of my games and I will keep improve it.

My second goal is to create more variety of games such as obbies, adventure games.

• What is your role in the developer community?
    My role here is a Scripter, Builder and UI builder (Not very professional UIs :stuck_out_tongue:)

Happy to be here and I hope I can share our building skills or scripting skills here together so we can improve each other.

2 Likes

Welcome @Magicboopoo, @Mokiros and @addisonshiu :wink:

1 Like

Hey, I’m 200Ethan!

How did you find Roblox?

I can’t recall how I originally found Roblox. Maybe it was an ad on a browser-game website, or maybe a friend told me. I do remember that I joined on April 1st 2013, and that the Egg Hunt of that year was the first game I ever played. My little brother saw me playing, and that same day, he made an account as well. I wanted more people to play with, so I told a lot of friends and cousins about it, and we still play a lot of games to this date.

How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?

I have no idea. (I must have really bad memory then). I just looked at my one of my oldest game’s creation date, and that says June of 2014. I had no idea how to script, so I got a Jetpack and Killbrick free models. Sometime later, I got into Roblox Lua scripting… I had previously did the first Khan academy JavaScript tutorial section thingy, and was able to pick up Lua pretty fast after reading some tutorials on the wiki.

Current goals/achievement on the platform

I’ve made a few unfinished games, but I’m currently putting all my development focus into one at the moment. Then I’ll probably go back to the others, finish them, and polish them up. I’d say my main goal is to make something awesome here on Roblox!

What is your role in the developer community?

Programmer for sure. I’ve brushed upon some of the practices of the other example roles, but definitely a programmer.

I’m so excited to finally be here! I’ve read so many articles, been fascinated with new updates, feature requests and Roblox news that’s been on here, but I was stunned when I got that message from Discobot, and I couldn’t believe it at first. So I hope to contribute to this community as I fulfill my role of being a new member!

Hello! I’m Hikmat.

I’ve been playing ROBLOX since 2012. I found it on YouTube while I was searching for advanced tutorials for Scratch. Ever since I joined I’ve found interest in building maps and showcases. I started pushing myself towards scripting ever since which truly was a life-changing experience.

I’m thrilled to be part of the ROBLOX Developers Forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m, anty2003epic and I’m a new member to this forum! I hope to send feedback and other ideas to help developers in the future!

Welcome @tntwatch0, @200Ethan, @HikmatBean and @Anty2003epic_ALT!

5 Likes

I found Roblox through ads back in Feburary 2013 or so, on RMB98.

I started developing back in 2016 (also the year my first account was hacked), and it was a city game (Cartoon City), and I’m going to release a new one on Feb. 4th ( my birthday.

My goals are to be really famous on Roblox, and my achievements are:

• 6 years on Roblox
• around 1K visits on a game
• being kind of popular (not really lol)

And I’m an OK builder on Roblox, and I can script pretty well.

See you on the DevForums (if I get accepted) ,
RMB98

1 Like

Hi everyone! Glad to finally be here.

I found Roblox quite a while ago, 2009 I believe (the date in which my account was created will mislead you; my original account is long gone). How I found Roblox? No idea. But I did.

I got into development about 2 years ago. I’ve aspired to get into programming since I first knew what it was, but it was only then that I decided to pursue it and start somewhat simple. I met someone who agreed to let me help them with a game and it all sprouted from there.

I hope to refine what I know to the point that I can confidently say things. I too often second guess my own statements and doubt my own skills. I would also like to become more organized, because I frequently create such big messes that I can no longer navigate my work.

As you may have guessed from the preceding answers, I’m the most passionate in programming. I still have a lot to learn, but I think I’m steadily progressing.

That’s all I have to say. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

** How did you find Roblox?** Probably some ad, it was back in 2011, I can’t remember
** How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?** Back in 2015, I decided to learn how to script, started copying and pasting stuff from the wiki and other websites to make something that barely works.
** Current goals/achievements on the platform** To make a game for people to actually enjoy and have fun in
** What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)** Programmer/UI Designer
** Anything else you would like to include** hi! wanted to get in here for about 1-2 years, and finally just got in yesterday! :grinning:

I got into Roblox by watching videos on it and then I was like “yeah why not try it” I think that’s how it went but I don’t remember.

I got started with development by watching Heath Haskin’s Let’s make a game series, then I made HilyrLabs which was like his game and then I started creating more and more…

To become a developer with a somewhat consistent income of Robux and a somewhat consistent ammount of concurent players on my games, and also I would like to develop a racing game one day which would beat VS and UDU and etc. I feel like I can do it.

I do everything by myself, I am a solo dev and I don’t pay anyone for any work and I don’t really have many friends which are devs aswell which can help me out so I do everything, but I mostly specialize in building and programming, but I have a solid grasp of all the other roles (except music omposing I have literally never ever tried that)

I don’t spend money on Roblox which means I don’t have BC or Robux, also I don’t really have an actual “game” which is supposed to be played and enjoyed for hours, for now I just have showcase and hangout games, but I am gonna be developing a new simulator soon.

Thank you for inviting me to the DevForum, it’s an honor.

To

1 Like