Introduction thread for new forum members

Hi, I’m Ali365Dash! (call me Ali)

Found Roblox in an ad in 2012 (wait, 7 years ago? wow ok), developed for…2-3 years?
I can’t exactly remember how I got into scripting, I seem to have a short memory span, but there’s always more to learn, which I usually do on the wiki.

Created stuff for quite a few groups in the Roblox aviation and transport community (which is still adjusting to FilteringEnabled).
Also, I’m a programmer.

Glad to meet you guys!

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi.

I found ROBLOX from online ads at 2010.
I got started on developing on ROBLOX straight after about a month of playing it, I liked it very much.
My current goals is to make a masterpiece and not quit after making it for about 2 days.
I have no specific goals except for making amazing quality games, I don’t care about their popularity but I like the results of my games. (I’d say i’m a builder / programmer).
I’d like to thank the community for all the help including the unofficial ROBLOX discord.

1 Like

Welcome!

Wow this is the most new developers added in one go that I’ve ever seen! Welcome to everyone!!! So awesome that you all are here!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m 0000arian0000, I’m a programmer and I know a bit building.
At first I found ROBLOX on windows store. Actually, I didn’t know anything about ROBLOX.
And later, I noticed that ROBLOX has an application named “ROBLOX studio”
Unfortunately, ROBLOX on windows store didn’t have ROBLOX studio. I was madly searching for it and finally
I found ROBLOX site and downloaded ROBLOX from there.

First I created a game named “City of BOOM” and now it’s private because of removal of experimental mode.
I used some free models, and I thought, “How do they work?”
First I wanted to see what’s happening in their script, I couldn’t understand anything.

I watched some tutorial movies from wiki.roblox. (Now it’s developer.roblox.com)
I thought programming is very hard. but when I watched these movies. I understood programming is much easier than what people think.

Now I’m learning more things per day. I started learning 9 months ago.
But unfortunately I can’t find too any useful sources for my needs.
I learned datastore from Help with datastores(Thank you Reshiram110 !)
I’m working on a game named “Los blox city”. it needs some changes that I don’t have time to make them because of school :disappointed:

My goal is to make dreams and ideas. However I’m not ready.

1 Like

Welcome @0000arian0000! Nice to see you here. :wave: Enjoy staying! :smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’ll cover the questions with a short-ish story.

I was introduced to Roblox back in '08 when I was over at my cousin’s place for some family thing. He was playing Resident Evil Build to Survive by Servano and I immediately started looking over his shoulder to watch him play. He let me play a bit on his account and I was hooked. Now '08 me was a wee babby and wasn’t allowed to play Blockland :frowning: since it costed money and my parents didn’t like paying for things not vital to survival. This being the case, hearing that Roblox was free got me extremely hyped. I made an account as soon as I got home and of course started playing that same build to survive game. Some time down the line I felt like making my own game. I was a huge sci-fi geek so the first thing I tried to do was put together some space ships! My initial attempts just fell to the baseplate and exploded. I didn’t know why so I started carpet bombing the poor baseplate with free models and began to dissect them all. My most memorable free model? This little guy: https://i.imgur.com/KSRFsKo.png I can’t remember who it was originally made by, but my money’s on Crazyman32. I’ve since moved on from space ships and towards medieval fantasy, but those memories of fiddling around with how those free models worked will always be precious to me. Now I’m kind of in a project-limbo, starting new ones as I get bored of the previous ones, but I’m breaking out of the loop, I swear! My current goal is to finish my game 'Aeon’. Sadly I don’t have a very impressive portfolio yet. This will change.

I originally applied to ask a few coding questions that other forums couldn’t answer, but now that I’ve figured them out for the most part, I’m kind of just here. I’ll probably lend a hand to a few startup programmers on this forum, but I doubt I’ll be answering any questions on the level of ScriptOn or EgoMoose. It’ll take awhile to level up that much, not to mention the level-cap keeps increasing.

tl;dr:
Word of mouth.
Free models.
Finish a game.
Programmer 8/10, Builder 7/10, UI 5/10, GFX 0/10.
I try help.

1 Like

How did i find Roblox.
I found Roblox in 2010 while watching random youtube videos, the aspect of Roblox being a sandbox game at that time intrigued me and it was something i’ve never seen before.

How did i get started with development
It took me a few years before realizing that i could create my own games (i was 10 years old at the time when i started playing Roblox) and i was surprised by how simple the tools were, but since i didn’t have the patience to learn lua, i didn’t go very far with game creation.

My current goals/achievements
Since i’m not very skilled at building and scripting, i would love to test out new features before they are released to the public.

Current roles
I don’t really have one at the moment but i would love to become a tester.

Welcome @Dynamese and @Equatek!

Hi my name is Rick.

I found roblox because one of my classmates was playing it and it seemed like a really cool game. I always played RO - Airforce rescue mission because you could fly planes, I enjoyed it so much :slight_smile:

I started scripting by going into studio and looking at how free models were made since i was really curious about how it was made and started learning bit by bit to script.

I want to create a game which is enjoyable to everyone!

I have made a game together with madattak which has over 2 million visits as of right now, Its called Plane Crazy you can build anything you want aslong as it fits inside the plot.

I am a programmer but i am also very good at building.

Its really cool to be a part of the devforum community :smiley:

Hey, I’m Sam!

I’ve been a member of Roblox since 2011, so I can’t exactly remember how I found out about it. I’m guessing I was just looking for games to play, and Roblox stuck out.

I started developing on Roblox when I got an interest in computers, which grew to an interest in programming. I still remember the first programming video I watched was made by the user Friaza. After watching his series, I just drifted onto my own projects and learnt from there.

My current goal is a little ambitious, but a couple of friends and I have been designing an RPG game that we’re slowly putting into fruition.

I’m more of a jack of all trades. I’ve picked up various skills using Roblox, like building and GFX. I’m best at programming, though.

I’m excited to be part of this community!

1 Like

I started off my journey on Roblox in around 2010. In 2015 is when I started taking Roblox seriously, a few friends and I started off by making some tycoons. Those tycoons soon exploded and some became the top games for a little while. Ever since then my team has been aspiring to create many new things. Since then, I’ve been trying to learn how to script both from the wiki and friends that have mentored me. I cannot wait to see what’ll come in the future.

1 Like

I’m alphawolvess and found Roblox around 2012 as an ad on a flash game website, not sure which but it may have been NotDoppler.

After about a year of playing on Roblox, I picked up on building for awhile until I felt I wanted to learn how to program, so I attempted to teach myself and ended up quitting for nearly a year. I repeated this twice, on the third try all of the code started to click and here I am today. I believe I’m fluent in Lua (not nearly the top tier as many of the bright players I have seen on Roblox) and know my way around the website since I’ve been on about 7 years straight.

My current goals is to really improve my knowledge on a more advanced area such as math and to create a game that visits the front page that I own myself. Currently I am the scripter of the Car Crusher 2 game and enjoyed helping the game receive the success it has today, hopefully the future to.

If you have not figured it out yet, my role in the developer community is a Programmer. If you aspire to code like I did and do, feel free to contact me if you’re in a rough patch. As I mention previously, I took almost 3 years to get the ball rolling, I’m sure you can’t be doing that bad lol.

great avatars

1 Like

Hi. I have been on the developer forum a lot for like I think a couple of years, mostly because of new features, and I have also been making games, but they are just jokes for YouTube videos lol. But in the future I hope to actually develop and make real games and hopefully be successful. I have been seeing that the recent added features have been really cool, for example the new Voxel lighting. Anyways, for now, that is all I have to say. I hope in the future I will actually be a successful developer.

2 Likes

I’m Sage_Prodigy, and I joined ROBLOX around 2012 on an old account of mine but really didn’t take scripting serious till around late 2016. Ever since then I’ve wanted to make games for the community. ATM I am making an MMORPG called Kai Adventures. I am excited for the future of the community and my games!

1 Like

Welcome! Hope you pursue your games soon :smiley:

Welcome Sage. Enjoy your stay :yum:

1 Like

Hello, my name is LuxEyes and I am fairly new to the roblox developer community. I work as 3d-artist, map designer and project manager. I am extremely excited to join the developer forum and I cant wait for whats to come!

2 Likes