Invisible "X" button on enable-notification banners

Page URL: Virtually all except the light-themed legacy “Create” page.
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced:
Date Last Experienced:

Reproduction Steps:

1. Click the top left lock image icon on the browser URL bar.
  2. If notifications is listed there, select “Block” from the dropdown; else click “Site Settings” and do so on that newly opened page.
  3. Navigate to any page except the “Create” page.
  4. You should see a banner with a button (“Notify Me”), and no visible (but still function) “X” button (view “Dark theme banner” & “Light theme banner”).
  5. As a control factor, visit the “Create” page, then you’ll see the “X” button (view “Create page banner”).

Browser Info:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.93 Safari/537.36
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior:
I expect the banner to have a visible “X” button on both themes. Seems like their colors are mismatched to the wrong theme (light “X” mark on dark theme, dark “X” mark on light theme), so it should be switched.

Actual Behavior:
The “X” button is invisible on all pages except the “Create” page (and maybe other similar light-themed legacy pages):

Dark theme banner:

Light theme banner:

Create page banner:

Workaround:
Just remember the button is secretly there and dismiss the message.

3 Likes

I have this issue too, I can reproduce it.

Home Page:

Create Page:

1 Like

I made a bug report concerning the same issue linked below.

The issue hasn’t been fixed yet so I hope that the creation of more topics will bring this issue to relevancy, because boy is the bug annoying.

3 Likes

This is a know issue that already has a bug in our internal database. It is being worked on and when there are any updates we will respond in the other thread about this issue as well as this one.

5 Likes