Is a Daily Item Shop a Good Idea?

Hey there! I have been working on my game for a while now, and I finally finished my loot box system!
https://www.wevideo.com/view/2123954947
The loot box only gives you cosmetics, that do not help you win the game in any way. I am wondering, should I leave that as the only way to get those items? Or should I add an item shop that daily resets everyday(still trying to figure that out…Daily Updating System Item Shop) I kind of like the idea of an item shop, but I don’t know, is it worth it? Would it be a good addition, or would it hurt the general idea of the loot box? Why or why not(in comments)?

Add a Daily Item Shop
  • Yes!
  • No!

0 voters

If you can give extra reasons why you think this in the comments that would be great!

Also, if you want, rate my loot box system! :smiley:

Rate My Loot Box System!

0 voters

1 Like

There’s no reason I can think of why you shouldn’t add this.
A daily shop system significantly increases your game’s chances of getting players to play every day, out of simple curiosity of what the new items on-sale are, or because they’re waiting for a chance to buy a certain item.
If you’re concerned about the lootboxes losing value, I have an idea here:
Perhaps there can be certain items exclusive to the lootbox?

2 Likes

Thanks for replying, I agree with you.

Yes I think I will do that, great idea, thanks!

1 Like

This would give users a reason to come back daily and check out the daily shop. I would say that you should add it!

1 Like

Ok thanks! I think I will, I just need to figure out how. Should be sort of easy, but I just need to learn a few concepts I don’t know… :smiley:

1 Like

I agree with the above, I think this will work really well, provided there are enough items to make it interesting. Roblox developer relations even recommends it in this article.

1 Like

if you want to manualy update sales then you can make roblox read sales form some website.

Soon i will make tutorial covering that and writing to website with Arduino boards. then you can have full control of your game with just few clicks on keyboard or number pad

1 Like

Nice thanks! I think I might use one of the tips in that article.

Alrighty then, from the polls and what people have said, I will definitely add a daily item shop!

I think you should a a daily item shop because it brings players back thinking is my favourite cosmetic gonna be on sale

and they will stay in the game to get more coins for the daily shop :+1:

1 Like

Thanks yeah, that is what I would think too!

1 Like