Is adding awards to Roblox game for Discord Nitro Boosting against TOS?

Recently my dear friend got his account permanently deleted for linking Patreon Products to his games Area-19 and Site-002. (Buy In-Game admin on Patreon for $20)

Recently I’ve wanted to add In-game rewards for boosting my server via the Discord Nitro Boosting update. What I’m really afraid of is that it’d get my certain game deleted as I’m not aware of any kind of rule; ruling out that It is against ToS.

If anyone knows it is against ToS or not please reply. It’d help people and possibly prevent games from being turned from playable to under review.

7 Likes

All purchases for rewards in your game must be done with Robux. You cannot charge people real world currency off-platform in exchange for rewards in your game.

Nitro costs real world money off-platform and therefore asking people to purchase nitro and then boost your server to get rewards is not allowed.

You might try to argue the player already has nitro and is just boosting your server, but I think it’s a weak argument as a lot of people who otherwise wouldn’t buy nitro are likely to do so just for your rewards.

Your friend should’ve known about patreon too. Read the terms of service or expect your account to be deleted.

Answer from 2-3 years ago as well: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/is-it-against-the-rules-to-tie-patreon-support-to-in-game-rewards-or-recognition/59065/13?u=bantech

7 Likes

Hello there Executive Funds,
I would like to relief your question by giving a positive answer.

This is possible without linking directly to discord,
this achieved by running a webhook to and from javascript/lua.

Just incase please consult a member of the Developer Relations Team by emailing devrelations@roblox.com

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This email is a thing? Thanks, I’ve been suffering through ROBLOX Customer Care and I never knew there was something for us, devs. Was about to ask a similar question, but I’ll send an email here. Thanks!

Well, your welcome! I hope you get the support you need! :smile:

Adding in-game rewards over real world currency is not allowed at all within Roblox.

Nitro classifies as real world currency rewards, as it is still paid to Discord.

If you’re caught giving server nitro boosters rewards in-game, you can get terminated for scamming. This is mainly because Roblox has no way of guaranteeing you honored the purchase.

1 Like

@MetatableIndex Then how is The Conquerors 3 not banned? I asked the owner of TC3 and he said he had “special permission” from Roblox Moderators to allow In-game awards achievable from Nitro.

Annotation 2020-01-22 183940

1 Like

Did you get a reply? What are the circumstances? Don’t leave us like that!

1 Like

I’m very curious if this works the same for giving away Robux from in game prizes or Twitter rewards, funny I see people doing this…

Every single response here is inaccurate and incorrect; only BanTech’s is somewhat accurate and that’s only starting after “your friend should’ve known about the Patreon”.

Roblox explicitly does not allow Patreon rewards because the exchange of funds is directly between two parties and Roblox cannot guarantee that players get what they pay for. Whether it is your intention or not, this classified as a scam. See the discussion thread about use of Patreon for more information, which also has a moderator response.

Giving your Nitro boosters in-game rewards is allowed because the transaction of funds is not direct. When a user pays for Discord Nitro, it is paid to Discord and users get their rewards automatically on Discord. What you are doing is simply extending a courtesy for people who boosted your server to get rewards. You do not get a cut of any Nitro sales nor for your server getting boosted. Just don’t encourage or pressure people to boost your server, but feel free to mention that boosting gets reward.

Patreon is a no-no. Discord booster rewards are perfectly fine.

14 Likes

Roblox wouldn’t allow that,
because, People might say that they’re boosting your server, just because to get a reward in the game, even though you could argue saying that they had it already, Im sure some people would boost your server just to get the reward.
So you would get your account terminated.

thanks for the repsonse! :slight_smile:

I’m assuming this wouldn’t be an issue for an off-site community/server that is not offering any incentives or rewards on the Roblox website?

1 Like

Different platforms, different policies. Roblox is against any one-on-one deals, RWTs or purchases which have the potential to fall through and not grant users the items they paid for. Beyond that, for other sites and whatnot, use your own discretion with respect to a platform’s policies.

1 Like

Is someone server boosting to get the first tour of a Hotel is that ok?

1 Like

If you are doing it for community engagement, absolutely you can. I think there is a gray area between whether permanent rewards based on booster status is allowed, but your case should be fine.

1 Like